Newbies to Cabo San Lucas, my partner and I spent a week at the Solmar Land’s end. Overall, we had an excellent time and the amazing location, impeccable accommodations, and excellent service easily made up for some of its shortcomings. First, the property is still a construction site, with a huge red crane looming at its center. It’s noisy and an eyesore. Sadly, large chips of paint and debris from the site litter the otherwise phenomenal pools. I’ll wait for the property to be complete sometime after 2015 before I return. Also, it’s annoying that the property calls itself a spa when there is NO SPA OR FITNESS CENTER. You can get massages and limited spa services at the beach and use the fitness center at the adjacent Solmar property for a fee, which I did, but found very annoying. Solmar should be more transparent about its transitional state. Also, there’s only one restaurant. Another seems to be opening very soon. That said, meals at La Roca were consistently excellent and the menus changed a few times during holiday week, so I can’t complain too seriously. (Amazing Christmas Eve buffet!) The restaurant has some expediting issues to work out. (I waited 15-20 minutes at every meal for one thing or another--coffee, wine, water, and always, the check. The place is just too good for a silly matter of a late check to ruin a meal.
I encourage the management to institute a “No Radios” rule at the pool. For some reason, a few people found it fine to blast their speakers at the very tranquil and chic pools.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Solmar is the new standard of luxury in Cabo San Lucas. Thoughtfulness and thoroughness are the trademarks of this grand resort. Every detail was considered right down to the intricate designs in the walkways, the stone entries to the rooms and the construction of subterranean passages so the busy staff does not interrupt relaxing guests. The award-winning design combines the grace of old world architecture with carefully crafted modern style. And the location will leave you speechless. A natural cliff forms the backdrop and guides guests to a lobby complete with a spectacular view of the mighty Pacific Ocean. From here, you can see pelicans soaring over golden sands and sailboats scooting across blue waves. Just feet away is the very tip of the Baja Peninsula in all its sun-drenched glory. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Solmar Land`s End Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Grand Solmar Land`s End Resort And Spa
- Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos