My husband and I spent two weeks at Grand Solmar 1DEC-15DEC 2012. The first four days of our stay was without hot water and air-conditioning. Thanks to the celing fans the room was comfortable. We were offered to move to a sister resort but opted to stay at GS since we were told the problem would be fixed the next day, and the next, and the next day. We did shower next door at the Solmar Beach.
We were sympathetic with the managment and staff until we found out other guests were offered ammenities for their inconvience. (lobster dinner, massage, etc) We spoke with customer service and was referred to the manager on duty, Sr Ether. We never met with him but he sent a letter to our room worth a $50 dinner at La Roca. We gave the letter back indicating $50 would buy one dinner at La Roca and there were two of us without hot water. We never heard back.
We should not have had to ask for compensation. If ammenities were given they should have been given to all guests. We were very disappointed with managements response.
Grand Solmar is a beautiful property with an incredible location. However taking care of guests is what makes a 5* resort.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Solmar Land`s End Resort And Spa
- Grand Solmar Land`s End Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Grand Solmar Land`s End Hotel
- Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Solmar is the new standard of luxury in Cabo San Lucas. Thoughtfulness and thoroughness are the trademarks of this grand resort. Every detail was considered right down to the intricate designs in the walkways, the stone entries to the rooms and the construction of subterranean passages so the busy staff does not interrupt relaxing guests. The award-winning design combines the grace of old world architecture with carefully crafted modern style. And the location will leave you speechless. A natural cliff forms the backdrop and guides guests to a lobby complete with a spectacular view of the mighty Pacific Ocean. From here, you can see pelicans soaring over golden sands and sailboats scooting across blue waves. Just feet away is the very tip of the Baja Peninsula in all its sun-drenched glory. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.