We have been coming to Cabo for 11 years. I am currently at the Grand Solmar. We own timeshares at the Playa Grande next door and were eagerly awaiting our extension over to the Grand Solmar having watching its construction.
Starting Monday morning at 10:00am came the hammers and the jackhammers and saws. This is audible for all 11 floors of our building and it lasts until 4:00pm. We asked at the Front Desk and were told it would be done by Tuesday. It is now Wednesday and the saws, jackhammers and screaming drills continue to shake our room.
It is extremely hot this week, and with our deck in full sun with no shade, we either need to leave our room or go into town as the room is unbearable with noise.
If I had known the Grand Solmar was in construction, I would not have used my II points to come here.
The hotel is lovely, the staff is wonderful - but 3 days, 6 hours a day of unrelenting banging and room shaking is difficult to overcome when you cannot even go outside to get away from it.
We eagerly look forward to returning to Cabo in 2013 and staying at our home resort the Playa Grande.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Solmar Land`s End Resort And Spa
- Grand Solmar Land`s End Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Grand Solmar Land`s End Hotel
- Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Solmar is the new standard of luxury in Cabo San Lucas. Thoughtfulness and thoroughness are the trademarks of this grand resort. Every detail was considered right down to the intricate designs in the walkways, the stone entries to the rooms and the construction of subterranean passages so the busy staff does not interrupt relaxing guests. The award-winning design combines the grace of old world architecture with carefully crafted modern style. And the location will leave you speechless. A natural cliff forms the backdrop and guides guests to a lobby complete with a spectacular view of the mighty Pacific Ocean. From here, you can see pelicans soaring over golden sands and sailboats scooting across blue waves. Just feet away is the very tip of the Baja Peninsula in all its sun-drenched glory. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.