“Best Mexico Trip I've Ever Had” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa

You added Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Av Solmar No 1 - A | Col Centro, Cabo San Lucas 23450, Mexico   |
Offers & Announcements
Tripadvisor Deal Cabo
Ranked #3 of 65 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
“Best Mexico Trip I've Ever Had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

The Grand Solmar's staff exceeded every expectation and set a new standard for travel for me. The hotel was super clean, staff was very friendly and willing to help always and the food was delicious. Eriberto & Jose Luis at the bar made the best snacks and made us feel extremely comfortable and welcomed, no matter the time of day. Cristina helped recommend the beach activities and helped us get back in such an easy and enjoyable way. Cabo people were happy to recommend new spots, safe activities and were proud of their town. We got to wake up early to see the staff release baby turtles into the ocean and enjoyed the amazing pools at the nearby hotels. Thank you to all the staff:Jose Luis, Eriberto, Javier, Carmen, Tomas & Vanessa for making our trip the best!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Jean_Louis_Magron, General Manager at Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
We appreciate all of your wonderful comments.
Service is an art and we love to share it with you at Grand Solmar.
Jean Louis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (446)
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

OK so we wanted a quite few days in Cabo. We picked the Grand Solmar due to the good reviews on TripAdvisor. Turns out the reviews were right. The facility is relatively new and well maintained. Our room was spacious (Grand studio) with a fair sized mini-kitchen. The hotel is at far south end of the peninsula on the Pacific side. Being on the Pacific side you get great sunsets and crashing waves but no swimming (rip currents). That did not bother us as there were plenty of pools. A short walk to the marina but a long walk to Medano beach if you want the ocean swimming (take a taxi or water taxi). The food in the restaurants were good but not really special. The wine list wasn't bad but not extensive. Service in all aspects was very good. The main negative was the construction. We were on that side of the hotel and there was a good bit of construction noise as well as spoiling the view. In the end the good overshadowed any negatives and we would return especially after the construction is complete.

Room Tip: If not traveling with children try for a room near the adult pool which is also farther from the con...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Service and attention to detail plus a picture perfect Sunset, is a perfect combination.
We all enjoyed your stay with us.
Dallas, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

were at the grand solmar-- nov11-18-stayed in 6609 in a efficiency as a interval exchange. spacious rooms for2-3 adults. working kitchen-large bath area. comfortable bedding and large patio and sitting area. not bothered by construction but did not spend much time in the room.resort was spotless and service in all areaswas impecable and very attentive. not bothered by the time share sales pitch after initial meeting.opted for 4 days all-inclusive during the stay and were not disappointed. ate at all restuarants at the resort and all had varied menu options and the food was great.enjoyed the wine pairing at the don louis rest. 15 minute walk to downtown. rest. downtown were many and reasonable. recommended rest. are mauro shrimp-craczy lobster-dolce pizza, and salvatorres. all close to each other and reasonable and very good. TOOK 1 TOUR WITH RANCHO TOURS TO THE ARCH TO SEE IT , BOOKED THRU HOTEL 10% DISCOUNT
TOOK TAXI TO MEDANO BEACH FOR $10 EACH WAY-- GOOD TO SEE ONCE -SWIMMABLE BEACH,STAY AWAY WHEN CRUISE SHIPS ARE IN. GREAT DEALS ON TEE SHIRTS -GOOD QUALITY-1/2 THE $ AS IN TOWN,BUT YOU HAVE TO BARGAIN-START LOW. USED TRANS CABO TOURS FROM AIRPORT AND BACK ($34)-VERY EASY. ALL INFINITY POOLS HAD GREAT VIEWS AND GUESTS WERE VERY FRIENDLY. OWNERS AT THE RESORT SEEMED VERY PLEASED . hoping to return again from the east coast.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Our endeavor is to ensure we deliver the best possible vacation experience while staying with us.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

We had a fantastic time staying with the good folks at Grand Solmar at Lands End. We were treated so well by all the staff and the accommodations were perfect and beautiful. The lighting alone at this resort blew us away. Special thanks to above and beyond service : Ana and Reuban at the concierge desk. Deisy and Jose as our servers at La Roca and Los Olias. Thank you and we will be back!

• Stayed November 2012
It is inspirational to read that the service and attention to detail during your HONEYMOON
is the highlight of your stay at Grand Solmar.
We would love to welcome you back on your first anniversary celebration.
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We just returned after a week at Grand Solmar. After reading several of the most recent reviews I must concur with their comments. So instead I will "review" a few other areas that may add/subtract from you decision to visit this outstanding resort.
As always the service was superlative. There are too many names to mention them all but kudos in particular to Reuben, Alana, Fredy, Alanso, Sergio, Guillermo, Victor's x 2, Erica and the chefs at El Roca. Smiles and helpfulness all around!
Now to some items not recently addressed:
1) The Pacific Ocean: On this beautiful private beach, it is red flagged. They have staff who will "red flag" you if you go into the ocean and will follow you back into the resort to find you and have you sign a liability waiver. So if ocean swimming or playing in the waves is your thing, be warned. I do love the infinity pools, I'm ADHD but a respectful swimmer user of the ocean, however, I saw the ocean as a challenge. But that's another story...
2) Family resort vs couple's/adult resort: Grand Solmar is really geared for the older, quieter, reading, relaxing, drinking, conversational guest. Don't get me wrong, kids there didn't have any trouble finding fun things to do, but if playful splashing & noise disturb you, just move over to the adult infinity pool and spa area. VERY quiet. If I still had children under 21 I would opt to use and/or stay at another nearby resort in the Solmar group, Playa Grande. FYI...it's close and it's services are available to Grand Solmar guests, AND the restaurants are included in the Solmar meal plans as well. There are activities galore planned day and evening for adults and kids alike. It's a great alternative...
3) Wi-Fi: I tried to use my HD Kindle and had no success. Hard wired in the rooms seemed to be the best way from what I could tell. Poolside it was sketchy at best. Staff however was great, not charging me for internet use when I needed to get my airline boarding passes.
4) Lobby/Gym/Amphitheater: The full scale plan is not yet completed which is why Playa Grande is still your terrific alternative. I LOVE the Play's lobby, gym, mini-golf and tennis! (That's why you want to get over there whether staying at Grand Solmar or not!) When Grand Solmar is finally completed in 2014, as previous reviewers have stated, it will be remarkable. I have been assured that the lobby/gym, etc. will rival that of Playa! And the Amphitheater, if done right, will be beautiful and should attract world class acts.
And just to let you know I'm not talking out of the side of my neck...I am an owner but I am in no way have any affiliated to the resort. (I wish I was! I need a job...)
Anyway, I have stayed at both Playa Grande (loved it) and Grand Solmar (loved it even more). I could not afford to buy three years ago but I'm glad I did. I have not yet met an unhappy owner. Grand Solmar has so far kept all its promises! I have a Junior Suite but hope to someday upgrade.
I'll be staying at the Playa and/or the Grand Solmar again before the Grand Opening which is slated for 2014. I CAN"T WAIT! It's only getting better (and more expensive...)

Room Tip: Not a bad room in the place. Personally, the higher the better, for the view...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Jean_Louis_Magron, General Manager at Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
It is so rewarding to read you had such an incredible time with us.
Please let me tell you that we will do our outmost to always accommodate all of your needs.
Warmest regards,
Jean Louis and team
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

My fiance purchased a 2 wks/year timeshare at Grand Solmar several years ago so he has his long-established patterns there. He brought me to Grand Solmar for the first time in early December 2011. I had never had a positive impression of what a timeshare resort would be like - how wrong I was!

I was amazed by how beautifully finished and complete the complex was, how lovely the setting and the pools were, and the generally high quality of Grand Solmar overall. Because it was my first time, I didn't try many of the amenities - but I hope to this year, including the fitness centre, the restaurant and the spa - oh, a massage !

This year we arrive for my birthday, so I hope to enjoy some special treats to myself....

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Jean_Louis_Magron, General Manager at Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you once again for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor and thereby giving us the opportunity to constantly enhance our service quality.
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Pros - the natural beauty of Lands End is breathtaking. A secluded beach with rock formations jetting above and sugar sand to walk on next to the crashing pacific waves makes you feel a million miles away from not only back-home city life, but even the fun-but-craziness 5 minutes away in downtown Cabo. You will appreciate it even more after spending 5 minutes on the spring-break-like Medano beach. We enjoyed the releasing of the baby turtles into the sea, saw sea lions in the sun, snorkeled with a good variety of tropical fish and even saw a few whales ahead of the traditional season. Sun rises to the left of the property and sets to the right .. spectacular sights to see. The people were wonderful as well. Warm, helpful, professional and well spoken. Cannot say enough about the service with a smile, as rarely do you find staff that are like friends by the end of your trip. Particular thank you's to Omar at the Brisas pool/bar and Reuben at the Concierge desk. Omar is the hardest working guy there, always with a smile and a quick story, and definitely the shortest delivery time. Reuben can help with any arrangements or suggestions you need, and is always a pleasant hello and conversation in the lobby. The hotel has the location and people to make it a top choice in the future.

A note on the historical timeshare comments: We were told upon check in about the when/hows and then one other time when organizing something with the front desk asked if we had been or would like to go. But it was not an issue at all and seems as though the complaints from months back have been heard and successfully addressed since then.

Cons - the resort will truly be special once completed, but there are potential issues lurking in the present state. First, we lost water 4 times in the two weeks we were there. Nothing worse than coming back from a long day at the pool, sticky with sunscreen to get ready for dinner only to find no water to shower and with no ETA. Happened twice. The other two times were later at night, but again not being able to brush your teeth before bed is not something that guests will tolerate if the hotel intends to be top class. The television connection is also problematic. The channels freeze quite often, and cut-out too. Not that you should be watching much tv in such a wonderful place, but if you do find yourself staying in one afternoon or evening, the constant problems can become very annoying. Also, I find it curious as to why the hotel would have 80% of it's rooms completed, but choose to build more rooms before completing the spa and gym. Again, not an issue once all is done, but for now, to be a flagship property that is self-competing with Palmilla, Capella and Hacienda BC, having to take a shuttle to use the gym or get a spa treatment (aside from the available massages in the outdoor huts which were lovely) is a very strange choice by the project managers.

Unique to building 6 - as many other write ups have indicated, building 6 is right next to the construction, try to avoid it all costs !! We were unable to at check-in or upon additional requests and it definitely was a downer. The construction doesn't start at 8AM and end at 6PM as stated. They started in the morning by 7AM, and worked until 8PM, and it's 6 days a week. Saturday is no different here! The good news is that the glass sliders are pretty good at muting, but not eliminating, construction noise. But with that view, and the symphony of ocean waves outside your balcony, who wants to have the doors closed ! If you are a timeshare owner, or lucky enough as a hotel guest to get one of the other buildings, the construction will basically be a non-issue for you.

I feel badly writing the negatives with the knowledge that the management is going to feel the need to respond. I cannot say enough how this is no fault of the employees or management, they were all truly wonderful !!!! It's just a fair review of what I would call a soft-opening and hotel guests should be expecting until the property is fully completed.

Room Tip: If you can, avoid building 6. It's right next to the construction, which goes from 7 AM to at 8...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Your invaluable feedback is important to ensure that we continually deliver the ultimate experience Grand Solmar is renowned for and exceed your expectations for future visits.
Jean Louis

Been to Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!