“Extremely Disappointed!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Club Cascadas de Baja

Save Saved
You added Club Cascadas de Baja to your Saves list
Club Cascadas de Baja
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   Camino Viejo a San Jose | Apartado 72, Cabo San Lucas 23410, Mexico   |
Ranked #16 of 66 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
California
“Extremely Disappointed!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Let me start with some background information on myself. I am an avid traveler who’s been all around the world. I have stayed in numerous five star resorts over the years. Not all of my experiences have been extremely pleasant. However, I have never found it important enough to write a negative review about any resort. I understand your travel experience will vary from day to day. However, my experience was completely unacceptable. It has been about two weeks after I have returned and I am still furious over my experience.

I traveled there with my wife, mother-in-law and 7-month-old baby girl. We were originally staying in a Perla villa, which is one of their deluxe villas featuring a private pool and jacuzzi. After our second night of stay at the villa, I was extremely disgusted viewing rat droppings on the kitchen countertops and underneath a coffee table. I immediately contacted the resort manager and explained the situation. I requested to occupy a different villa. He informed me that no other villas similar or better than mine were available so he downgraded our villa. He accommodated us by still allowing us to access the Perla villa to use the private pool and jacuzzi. For our inconvenience of downsizing our villa, we were offered a bottle of wine, which I declined. Once the weather cleared up, we walked around the premises and noticed several villas were under construction. Club Cascadas had not informed me that any of their villas would be under construction. Several of the other owners we spoke to there also stated that they had not been informed that there would be any construction going on during their stay. How inconvenient is that! The following day, my entire family was woken up by the violent noise of a jackhammer. It was ridiculous! I walked outside and noticed that most villas and their restaurant were being renovated. I quickly complained and the resort manager, Israel, stated he would place a stop to the construction for 2 hours so that the baby can sleep. He informed me that there would be construction on the premises from 9:00 AM until 5:30 PM. That same evening, I grew furious as the time was now 7:00 PM and there was still construction going on at the villa directly next to us. Israel quickly came and stopped the construction. The following morning, we were woken up at 7:30 AM now by the sound of a chisel. I luckily had scheduled activities away from the resort as it gave me a break from all the construction noise and dilemma. Even being at the beach was horrific. The sounds of the jackhammers and SKILL saws completely muted the ocean waves. There was no opportunity to relax.

The windows in the villas were constructed of many horizontally placed bamboo sticks. This is ridiculous. Firstly, it allowed for mosquitoes to enter the room, even though a net supposedly covered the holes. Secondly; it made the air conditioners in the room obsolete, as all the cold air would escape. Lastly, during the evening hours, if you forget to close the curtain for the bamboo-constructed windows in the restrooms, people had a direct view inside. I am not sure many of the occupants realized that but it was very awkward and uncomfortable to walk to the restaurant at night with family and be exposed to that.

I had requested a pack and play a week before our arrival. However, we ended up not using it because of the mosquitos. All of the rooms had mosquito nets around the beds. It is disturbing to me how they would expect my baby to sleep in a pack and play uncovered without a net. It is common sense, if you have nets covering the adults. How could you not have something for infants! I was bitten over 20 times, my wife around 25 and my mother-in-law about 10. We started sleeping fully clothed, including socks to avoid being bitten in the villa. Mosquitos would enter the villas through the bamboo-constructed windows. However, mosquitos weren’t the only creatures coming in at night through the bamboo-constructed windows. Twice, we had large tropical moths, lyssa zampa, enter the villa. They are the size of an iPhone. I brought it to Israel’s attention and was told that it was to be expected after it rains. Excuse me, there should be NOTHING entering my room at a Five Star Resort! Not mosquitos, not iPhone size moths and especially not rats!

The evening before we had to fly out, I spoke to the front desk and asked them for a late check-out since the resort was scheduled to be closed for two weeks after our leave. The gentleman stated it would not be a problem. The following morning, confident that we are given a late check out, my wife and I head to the beach one last time. At approximately 11:15 AM, Israel approached me and said that our check out was to be at 11:00 AM and I informed him about my conversation with the gentleman at the front desk. He informed me that everyone else at the resort is checked out and the contractors are waiting for us to leave to turn off electricity for the entire resort to start the major renovation. If you were going to have a major renovation and to close down the entire resort for two weeks, couldn’t you have delayed the construction while you had guests on the premises and shut down for three weeks instead of two weeks? That is what I expect from a Five Star Resort. The only positive experience during this stay was the food and the customer service provided by the waiters and bartenders. I should have at the very least been comp’d for my meals! Not a bottle of wine! I don’t care about the money, as my relaxation is by far more important than the money I spent on our meals there. I have timeshare and I stayed there by exchanging my week and I wish I hadn’t. We have a hectic lifestyle in Los Angeles and I was hoping to have a quick recharge in Cabo San Lucas. Instead, my sleep was disturbed for the entire trip and now I am extremely exhausted and have to wait three more months until my next vacation to get some relaxation.

Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Northern California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Club Cascades was built by a family that cared about aesthetics and the quality of the guest's experience. It has a feel of leisure and comfort. Both the rooms and grounds have plenty of space. Other reviews have said this well .. the place isn't jammed with guests, and the two heated pools are beautiful and never full. It has a wide beautiful beachfront, and many "palapas" to sit under. It's a terrific resort, not pretentious, planned and run with care, and kept very clean. Last year we attended the most fun food classes, accompanied by margaritas!

Room Tip: Agreed that rooms "over the office area" are probably budget and not at all like the villa...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
TradingPlacesTPI, Manager at Club Cascadas de Baja, responded to this review, yesterday
We really enjoyed your 5-star review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the room and the grounds. We look forward to having you back soon!
Eastern USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We are thankful you and your hard working staff are safe. Thank you for what seems to be an honest assessment of storm damage, and not a glazed over story hiding behind "the airport will be closed until 9/22".

It is obvious that Cabo cannot repair the horrible damage inflicted by Odile in a few days time. When we return for vacation, we want to enjoy Cabo as a whole, as we knew it before Odile.
We will keep in touch and return to Cabo when we can enjoy her splendor.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
We appreciate your review and concern. Most importantly, we know Cabo will recover from the damage of the storm, and we look forward to you staying with us and enjoying Cabo again!
Southfield, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My husband and I went to celebrate our 7 year anniversary. The staff was wonderful. Rooms are beautiful. Maid service everyday kept rooms nice and clean. Beautiful beach on site. Minutes away from downtown. On site restaurant has delicious food. Minutes away from Walmart. Buses cost $1 and cabs $8. Stayed here early August for 7 days and would love to go back every year. Very calm and peaceful. No T.V. in the room but I didn't notice because I was to busy enjoying the beach and pools.

Room Tip: WiFi available on-site but none in the room.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
TradingPlacesTPI, Manager at Club Cascadas de Baja, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your 5-star review. We were excited to read that you enjoyed the location, rooms, and the staff. We hope to have you stay with us again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

really grew up here with my family having a time share here for over 15 years.

the villas are amazing, there are no tvs and phones in the room which is a great benefit actually

the staff and private beach are great

try to avoid the apartment style rooms as really takes away from the point of being there

a very couple oriented / family oriented atmosphere

Room Tip: rooms are best in the center of the hotel, away from the streets and other hotels as noise travels
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
TradingPlacesTPI, Manager at Club Cascadas de Baja, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you so much for your 5-star review! It is great to hear that you have been staying with us for over 15 years. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
Santa Ana, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Me & My husband have been members of cascadas for over 20 years. I have not stayed anywhere else when my family & I come to Los Cabos. We LOVE CLUB CASCADAS! perfect vacation for a big/small family or even for young groups ! seriously the friendliest staff & best people here at cascadas, would not recommend to stay anywhere else!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
We were thrilled to read your 5-star review of Club Cascadas! Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us year after year. We look forward to welcoming you back to Cabo.
Folsom, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I usually give good/great reviews. Our first room was in the hotel portion of the resort. The A/C is in the main room and nothing in the bedroom. So, in September, our room was 80-degrees at night. The front desk just kept sending a tech. Then we talked to Israel, who say"turn a negative into a positive." Since we visited in the slow season, a nice "bungalow" style room was available and he put us in there. The place is gorgeous-the walkways are tropical pathways with birds and beautiful plants; the staff is very nice and go out of their way to help; the location is on the edge of the tourist action so the Pisces can be restful; the beach is inviting; and the pools are clean with nice settings. We enjoyed dinner on the beach served by their restaurant. Meals were very good. We didn't pay attention when booking - no phones in the rooms, no TVs and weak internet . . . Ended up enjoying some time together and meeting new people. We'd return if an opening was available.

Room Tip: Avoid room 312 in September when it's the hot season. There was construction to upgrade the doo...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
We were thrilled to read your 5-star review of Club Cascadas! Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us, and your review was truly a pleasure to read. We are so pleased to read that the staff was able to accommodate you into the "bungalow" style room so that you were able to get the most enjoyment out of your stay. We hope to welcome you back to Club Cascadas on your next visit to Cabo San Lucas.

Been to Club Cascadas de Baja? Share your experiences!