We visited for a week on a Groupon deal and upgraded to a newly refurbished 2-Bdr suite with polished concrete counters and floors, kitchen, dining room, 3 TVs, 2 bathrooms and two patios. Very spacious accommodations. Beds sit on concrete platforms so they are very firm (hard). We faced the street (or I should say the large imposing facade of the Hotel Dorado across the street) but it's a quiet side street. Noise not an issue. Lack of WiFi was an issue however.
Staff is gracious and accommodating. Manuel the concierge is superior. Dustin the doorman also exceptionally friendly and helpful as was Amir who checked us in.
Pool area is well kept and inviting. Can get loud (there was a noisy wedding group when we were there)
Food was ok for gringo food, but the prices were way too high. We therefore only ate there once and used Yelp and asked locals for restaurant recommendations. In the town, Caterina de mis Sabores was a favorite-very clean; try the chile relleno and the chilaquiles verde-good fish tacos, too; Mariscos de Mazatlan was touristy but the fresh fish was excellent; Los Claros for fish was also recommended but it was closed. Tacos Guss -just a little too dirty for me and the tacos were no better than what we get here in LA.
On Medrano beach stay away fr the Mango Deck unless you like to watch drunk tourists doing stupid things. The Hotel Dorado's restaurant overlooking the water had a spectacular setting, a kind wait staff but forgettably mediocre gringo food. Probably the best shrimp and fish ceviche (for $2.50!) we've ever eaten was at the tiny little Omega Sport bar and restaurant in the sand next to the Mango Deck.
Andromeda Sport had decent fruit plates, fruit smoothies, toasted bagels and oatmeal for breakfasts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bahia Hotel is a charming, full-service boutique hotel located in the heart of Cabo San Lucas' bustling Medano Beach district, steps from the activities, shopping, dining and nightlife for which Cabo is legendary. With its rich history, personalized service and intimate, welcoming environment, Bahia Hotel differentiates itself from the larger, homogenous chain hotels in Los Cabos. Bahia Hotel offers guests a luxury, urban-chic environment while maintaining the classic Cabo vibe.Bahia Hotel's new first-class restaurant, Bar Esquina, features a new twist on International creative cuisine in Cabo: Mexican influenced Mediterranean flavors using locally grown, organic produce; fresh fish from the Pacific & Sea of Cortez; and the highest quality meats cooked on a mesquite grill.If you are planning your first trip to Cabo, Bahia Hotel is the perfect choice: clean, safe, centrally-located and full of Cabo personality. If you are Cabo veteran, please stop by for quick tour of our beautifully remodeled property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Bahia Hotel & Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Hotel And Beach Club
- Bahia Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Bahia Cabo San Lucas
- Bahia Hotel & Beach Club Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos