“Good Price and Location, gotta get the right room” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bahia Hotel & Beach Club

You added Bahia Hotel & Beach Club to your Saves list
Bahia Hotel & Beach Club
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Av. El Pescador s/n | Medano Beach, Cabo San Lucas 23453, Mexico   |
Ranked #28 of 67 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Modesto, California
“Good Price and Location, gotta get the right room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We just spent a weekend at the Bahia in Cabo. Overall it was a good experience but there are a few things to note to make the next trip better.

First the good:
This is a smaller hotel that is a bit quiter, but has quick access to the party spots if you're interested. It's a short walk to ME Cabo and Nikki Beach. It's a short walk to The Office and Edith's restaurants. And it's a short walk to Medano Beach. It's a very reasonable walk to the marina and nightlife (would not recomend trying to walk that distance in heels, but wedges are ok for the ladies). And the best thing about it is that it's about a third the price as ME Cabo but as close or closer to everything.

The food at the bar was very good (we had a margarita pizza that hit the spot for a light lunch). Drinks were good at the bar as well.

The pool is pretty chill and there is a swim-up bar that you can enjoy. There is also a hot tub at the bar as well. And there are hamocks placed around the property.

Ok, so now the not so good (sort of):

Some of the rooms are newly renovated and some are not. You want one of the new ones. When we arrived, our room was not one of the new ones. My wife was a little disappointed with it, and the lighting was really bad (to the point where she couldn't see into her suitcase very well looking for specific things). The bed was also very hard. There was a big counter with a stove top in the middle that just took up a lot of the floor space unnecessarily.

When we went down to our friends room and saw how open thier floor plan was with a nice polished concrete counter (tucked along the wall, out of the way with no stove top) polished stone flooring, and plenty of lighting; she went from a little disappointed to a lot disappointed. We wound up requesting an upgrade the next day and got a room with direct access to the pool that was one of the newely renovated rooms. The bed was also a lot more comfortable which was good as we wound up being sun burned and needing the softer mattress. It was an extra $60 a night and she said she was fine with staying in the other room, but after we moved to the new one she admitted she was glad we did.

Overall I would recommend this hotel to both families and groups of friends, however I would also be willing to try a different hotel on our next trip. Would depend on pricing is all.

Room Tip: Ask for newly renovated rooms. Free Wifi but works best in public areas. Picks up sporadically in...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
lvosburgh, Owner at Bahia Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Thank you for your review. As you mentioned we are in a great location and walking distance to most of what Cabo has to offer. The combination of price, location, and quality of service has been a fovorite feature for our guests.

This fall we will be renovating additional rooms and provoding more deluxe rooms to our inventory.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your comments and hope to see you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
Katy, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Loved this hotel, it was quiet and well cared for. You did not have to deal with people trying to sell you a condo like in alot of the Cabo resorts. Staff was excellent and its location was only one block from Medano Beach with all the restaurants and attractions. Only disappointment was there is not wi-fi in the rooms as advertised on their website. Wi-fi is only available in the lobby and bar area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We are a lifestyle hotel and not a timeshare property. We do not solicit our guests and try and provide a relaxing enviroment for there vacation. A place of casual elegance where service is the priority.

One can be very active taking advantage of the many activities Cabo has to offer or just relax and enjoy a peaful trip without interuption.
Helena, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

My wife and I stayed there for 5 days and loved it! The hotel is only a block from the beach! The food at the the Bahia is fantastic. Everyone working there were very friendly and helpful. Manual, the concierge, is a super nice guy and extremely helpful. He should be your first contact! The pool was clean and never very crowded. I would go back there tomorrow if I could! The only thing that could be improved is the extent of the wifi. Day three we discovered that it worked in our bathroom, freakin funny! Other than that, no troubles.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. As an activities based hotel in the heart of cabo, Manuel does a great job booking our guests activities. Weathers its Paddle Boarding, fishing or golf he creates memories for a lifetime.

The wi fi bandwith is being increased and will be fixed shorlty. Tel mex the provider is working on it as we speak and should be fixed this week.
Denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

This was a beautiful hotel, centrally located, and perfect to get to both the city and the beach. Everything was clean, the pool area was really nice, and the restaurant was great. Overall we had a comfortable and nice stay. If you're looking for something central and nice, this is a great place. It definitely has a modern feel to it, which was also nice, and our rooms were reasonably priced. The restaurant costs a little more, but it's great food and a fun atmosphere and view, so it's nice for a good dinner. It truly was the perfect location for my friend and I to scope out Cabo for an upcoming wedding. The bellman at the front were great about helping us find Cabo SUP when we wanted to go our paddleboarding and asked us how everything went when we came back. The front desk staff was also nice, not necessarily personal, but very efficient and pleasant. We were two females traveling together and felt incredibly safe both in and around the hotel. Overall it's a great hotel and I'd certainly recommend it for anyone wanting a central location to enjoy Cabo.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review. You have pointed out something very important for our future guests and that's safety. The Federal goverment recognizes that Cabo is the jewel of the Mexican tourist market and is committed to ensuring its safety. With one road in and out, Cabo geographic isolation creates a safe enviroment. The new airport and improved roads also are a sign of the federal goverments committment to Cabo. As two females it is great to hear your comments and that you enjoyed your expereince at the Bahia.

The Stand Up Paddle Boarding has become a favorite activity for our guests and am glad you tried it.

The doorman and concierge are there to help create a memorable experience.

Thank you for coming and staying at the Bahia for your first trip to Cabo and we will look forward to seeing you on your next trip!!
Kirkland, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Just returned from Cabo and was extremely impressed with Bahia. Eight of us had split our trip between Cerritos Beach and Cabo. The rest of the group had planned to stay up at Cerritos for another night while my friend and I were headed to Cabo on Friday. Due to the heat and lack of A/C up in Cerritos Beach they all joined at the Bahia. Great experience from the time we stepped out of the car. Very friendly and attentive staff from Matias and Dustin at the fro t door, Ana and others at the front desk, the bar, restaurant, pool bar, coffee shop, and the friendly maids. We askedd about upgrading to the updated rooms and were gracioulsy offered a tour of both options. The updated rooms are a bit nicer as one would expect, but the "standard" rooms were just fine and we opted not to upgrade. Clean, comfortable, and the A/c was great! We ending up with a total of five rooms that first night and everyone in our group had nothing but positive things to say about their stay. Great location close to the beach, the marina, and central Cabo. We would all stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review, we are happy you found us! With a group of eight it is a great place to stay because you can walk to everything and do not have to run in a schedule and arrange transportaion for everyone.

The doorman, concierge, and front desk are very important to our guest satisfaction as they are the information source and the first point of contact.
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Fantastic hotel! Excellent location, it's walking distance to the beach. It's also a 5 min or less walk down to the Marina. The Marina has restaurants, shopping and activities. I had a room on the main level which walks out onto the pool area. The pool was never very crowded and there is a pool bar which serves drinks and food. I can't wait to get back to Cabo and stay here again some day.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review.. Not much for me to comment on with your review other than to say thank you and see you on your next trip!!!
Dallas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 1 night back in Jan. and had a good stay. I guess 1 night doesn't foretell. My husband & I and another couple recently stayed here for 4 nights and this time, not so good. We had a 2-bedroom. Room was very big & spacious. However, also very outdated. The balcony faced the street which was no big deal. It was 2-story with the bedrooms being upstairs. There was a very narrow, winding staircase. We had to unpack our bags downstairs and carry items up with several trips as you cannot carry a loaded suitcase up these stairs. Also, if you are tall, you have a good chance of banging your head on the lower part. There was no safe in the room. We were told we could put our items in a safe in the gift shop. Ummm, yea, no thanks for that inconvenience. Being that there was no safe in our room, we chose not to have the cleaning people clean our room. We just exchanged towels each day. Maybe that's what the previous guests also did because our room just wasn't clean upon arrival. There were several black hairs on the comforter. I forgot my slippers and there were none in our room so I had to walk barefoot and it was pretty gross. The floor felt like it hadn't been swept in a while. Very sandy, gritty feeling and when I looked at the bottom, my feet were black. Ewwww. I chose to wear my flip flops everywhere in the room. The internet was very very spotty. I had to do some work while there and what should've taken me only 10 minutes to do took a good hour. Our friends had the same problem even in the lobby.
I want to mention the customer service here was lacking. We went to the pool a couple of times and the first day I ordered a bottle of water. It was $5 for a small, 16 oz. bottle of water! So, the next day we brought our own water in cups w/ ice. The female bartender at the pool bar had the nerve to come over to us four and tell us we could not bring our own drinks to the pool! Seriously?! Maybe if you didn't charge an arm & leg for a simple bottle of water your guests would be more apt to buy them from you instead of bringing their own. I was pretty upset with this. And, then that evening we wanted to have dinner at the hotel restaurant for our last night and as we approached the restaurant we were asked if we had reservations. We said no as we did not know, because we were not informed, that we would need reservations to eat there. She then proceeded to tell us we would have to wait an hour because there were no empty tables. Ok, this is what irked me to the fullest degree. My husband looked around the restaurant and half the tables were open and he responded to her in Spanish (his first language) that he sees plenty of open tables. Then she said they didn't have the staff to serve them all. Ok, then that's what you should've said in the first place.
So, to summarize, none of us 4 were pleased with this hotel this time and we think the customer service was just not there. I said before that I would stay here again. And, I did. And, this time I say that NO I will not stay here again after this last visit.
Oh, I need to add this. On our 2nd to last day (Tuesday) I was bitten by a recluse spider while sleeping. I've never been bitten by anything in all my travels to MX! Is this due to the rooms being dirty & unkept? Possibly. I'm now taking antibiotics for it as necrosis started to settle in. Thx Bahia.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for the review. First of all i owuld like to clarify a few things. One thank you for being a repeat visitor and i am sorry the second stay did not live up to your expectations.

The safe is not in the gift shop but in a secure area thru the gift shop. If this was understood i believe you would have been comftorable with the maids cleaning the room and a lot of the problems you have pointed out would not have been a concern. We pride our selves on our cleanliness.

The restaurant is very busy so we encourage guests to make a reservation. If there were open tables it was due to reservations from other resorts in Cabo which we would have to honor but not because of lack of staff.

I hope you give us another try to accomadate you and please feel free to contact me directly to ensure the quality of your stay. Lee2bahiacabo.com

Been to Bahia Hotel & Beach Club? Share your experiences!