“Fabulous stay at the Bahia in Cabo!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bahia Hotel & Beach Club

Save Saved
You added Bahia Hotel & Beach Club to your Saves list
Bahia Hotel & Beach Club
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Av. El Pescador s/n | Medano Beach, Cabo San Lucas 23453, Mexico   |
Ranked #24 of 66 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Dearborn, MI
“Fabulous stay at the Bahia in Cabo!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We spent 5 glorious days celebrating our 18th anniversary at the Bahia! The service was terrific - all the staff are very friendly and helpful. The location is good; just 1 block from Medano beach. The Bahia is a boutique hotel, so don't go expecting the sterility and blandness of a Fairmont Inn, but it is clean, comfortable, and amazingly quiet (being so close to the party area of Medano beach). We absolutely loved it! The only (minor) disappointment was the WiFi didn't work in our room. It worked fine by the pool, though.

We spent a good deal of time by the pool, where they will serve you snacks and drinks (the Bloody Mary's were fantastic!) We were there at the early edge of spring break, though, so we did have to don earbuds a couple of times to drown out some of the music choices later in the day. It really wasn't a bother, though.

We dined once each for lunch and dinner at Bar Esquina, where the food was fantastic, and not terribly expensive. We also enjoyed smoothies from the coffee bar, but as we were early risers, the best morning coffee before 7AM came from Ramon's place down on the corner (Jarro Coffee), where he makes each cup fresh while you wait. We grabbed a cup from him each morning for our walks down the beach.

Sharky's next door offers excellent traditional Mexican fare. Their complimentary bean soup is marvelous (although my wife couldn't eat it as she's vegetarian), as was the guacamole and fajitas. They also make a great top-shelf margarita!

Down the beach a bit is Cascadas Beach Grill, where we had breakfast on two mornings, right on the sand. The food and service there was excellent, and the view was phenomenal. They couldn't top the Bloody Mary's at the Bahia pool, though!

Another must-do restaurant while in Cabo is Sunset da Mona Lisa.. And be sure to go at sunset (you'll need a reservation). It is absolutely the most beautiful and romantic place for dinner you will find anywhere in the world!

We did try dinner two evenings at the marina, which reminded us a bit of Ocean Drive in South Beach. We were pleased with La Galeria (table side Cesar salad is a big thing in Cabo), but not so much with Alexander's next door. The marina area is very tourist-y, and Alexander's fit right in with that vibe.

It is Mexico, so expect to be approached frequently by locals when on the beach or at the marina offering trinkets, boat rides, Stand Up Paddle (we didn't get around to that but want to try next trip!), etc.. They are not overly pushy, though, so if you aren't into that sort of thing (we aren't), a simple "no" will usually get them to go away.

One last adventure - if you are a fan of The Eagles - is to take an hour drive through the desert north to Todos Santos and visit the Hotel California. While not officially sanctioned as the subject of the song, it fits (dark desert highway, nice courtyard for dancing, etc.). We brunched there, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Google their website for the history of the hotel before you go. The drive is scenic as well, giving you views of the mountains as well as the Pacific coastline.

All in all it was an amazing trip! We can't say enough about the Bahia (a beach view would be tops, but we knew going in that wasn't available), and all of the staff there. We hope to return soon!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
lvosburgh, Owner at Bahia Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you for your review. I appreciate your insight for future guests and details of where to go and what to do. The hotel has a partnership with CABO sup so try it next time!,,,
Hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Manhattan Beach, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

My wife, Joanne Mitchell, and I just got back from our wedding week in Cabo... A good majority of our guests stayed at the Bahia hotel - i believe we had over 20 rooms there. Their service and staff were top notch. Adrianna Hernandez helped out with reservations and ensuring our guests were taken care off at all times. Each and everyone of them were treated cordially and the staff went out of their way to make sure we had a great time. The restaurant, Bar Esquina, was exceptional. Food and drinks were excellent. And if ever there were any problems, they took care of us. The staff also made sure that we were recognized outside of the spring break crew that had descended. A+++++++. The rooms were perfect for our guests. The pool had a great scene. Proximity to all of our wedding activities and beach. Can't say enough. We will definitely be back. Thanks again Bahia hotel for ensuring everything ran smoothly! Especially Adrianna!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Los Angeles
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

This is my 5th trip to Cabo in a year and my first stay, and last, at Bahia. I have been here for 2 days and want to go home. Between the unfriendly and lazy staff, the crappy room conditions (shower either scalding or freezing no matter the time, sandpaper towels, bugs in the bathroom swimming in my soap, blinds that jam if the wind blows, dirty one cup provided and few other utensils, no microwave but a dirty electric stove with no pots, high pitched screeches from the fridge, kitchen sink full of dirt and a phone that despite the free calls to the us doesn't let anyone on the other end hear you) and the noisy Spring Breakers this getaway has no way of getting better. The staff in the bar only serves the pretty or drunk people and the staff at the pool only the men. Other than the one bellman, Dusty who smiles, no one else does. I am down here to find a place permanently to live as I loved Cabo so much but this experience has changed my mind completely.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
lvosburgh, Owner at Bahia Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am upset to hear that your experience was less than perfect. I was not aware of many of the negative issues you have pointed out and neither was my staff. We would make every effort to move you or accommodate you and your requests. As far as the staff they work very hard and are generally happy people. Please don't let a bad experience change your mind about CABO as a destination. It is a wonderful place to live with great people and ideal weather.
I sincerely hope you give us and CABO another chance.
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I've stayed in this hotel three times now, and am still amazed at what a great value it is for the location and amenities. They have a great location, good restaurant, helpful staff, coffee shop, great pool area.
The Hotel is one block away from the beach (Medano Beach), where a lot of the action happens beachfront. You can hang out at Mango Deck and literally stumble back only a block away, Medano beach has quite a few bars, restaurants and beach clubs, as well as lots of water activities and beach vendors. Also, Walking to downtown Cabo and the marina is not too bad, or taking a taxi is about $10 US.
The rooms are clean, with very good air conditioning, and a small kitchenette. None of the rooms i've stayed in had any cookware, although they have a stove and refrigerator.
The restaurant downstairs, Bar Esquina, is very good, and has a continually changing menu. There is also an indoor bar/restaurant area just inside. The coffee bar area serves coffee drinks and pastries all day.
The hotel staff is very nice, and very helpful. There is no in-room safe, but they have a safety deposit box room downstairs, that is available to guests.
Pool are is large and has plenty of seating, and the bartenders are always friendly and courteous. Great place to hang out. Swim up bar, too !

Room Tip: Best value/location combination in the area
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

From the moment we stepped off the shuttle bus from the airport we were greeted with a huge smile and are luggage was immediately attended to, we were then sat down to check in to our room and taken through all we needed to know about the area and hotel.

The room we had was a Classic room on the 5th floor, very comfortable, clean and great space with amenities, and the added extra of a balcony with great view of the pool.
One of the main points of the hotel that stuck out for me was the staff!!! they are on hand to help you with any enquiry and are so attentive to your needs, extremely friendly and make an effort to remember your name. To add to this the owner Lee, every night made sure to work the room and meet and greet all guests at the hotel restaurant Esquina.

Cabo SUP: This is Stand Up Paddle which is run by the Bahia hotel and its Owner Lee, my first time and certainly not my last!! I cant wait to get back on the board!! Our instructors were the amazing Lizzy and Shea, both professional surfers and athletes so you are in safe hands with them.

Overall I would highly recommend this hotel, it has something for everyone and a real sense of home away from home.

If you have never been to Cabo San Lucas and want a real experience then take my word and choose The Bahia Hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
lvosburgh, Owner at Bahia Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Thank you for your review. There is never to much to say when it's this good. This is the winning formula for our guests. Water sports, great location and good food. We have found that by getting to know our guests and understand what they want we can achieve positive results.
Personalized service is at the root of the guest experience at the Bahia.
Hurry back
Minneapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We are newbies to Los Cabos and booked an air/hotel package through Expedia. We, too, paid just under $100 per night; very reasonable! First, the location of this hotel was perfect. It is literally a block away from Medano Beach. You can choose to stick close to the Mango Deck and take in a more "spring break party" vibe - or walk along the beach and soak up the sun in relative peace and quiet (aside from the beach vendors, who do listen if you simply, politely tell them, "no, gracias."). Also close to Bahia are the Cabo Villas - they are "sister properties" and you can use the pools/exercise facilities there when you stay at Bahia. Finally, you are at the Marina in a less-than-10-minute walk. Literally, Luxury Avenue and the large shopping center is that close. Keep walking around the marina, and you are at Cabo Wabo/Squid Roe in another 10 minutes, if you want the party scene. We were both so happy with Bahia's location, because you can literally walk anywhere, thereby avoiding pricey cabs. We even made a trip out to City Club (a less expensive version of Costco?) and managed to carry a bunch of water and groceries back to the Bahia. Not that you need to buy groceries, if you can afford to eat out! Bahia is next to some of the area's best restaurants. We ate at and would recommend the Office, Edith's, Baja Cantina and Sharkey's (Sharkey's prepared the mahi mahi/dorado we caught fishing at a very low price and it was very tasty!). We also at at Bar Esquina in the Bahia Hotel. We had pizza and shrimp - it was quite good. Other items on the menu were fairly expensive, but it is obvious that this restaurant takes great pride in it's ingredients and preparation. Finally, as to our observations about the hotel's ammenities: the pool truly is a nice, quiet place to relax for the afternoon. Their drinks are two-for-one ($10 for two), quite large and the blended drinks are particularly very good, as they use a very heavy-duty blender (almost like a Vita-Mix). Because the pool is somewhat enclosed in the center of the hotel, the sunny spots can be limited at certain times of the day - but nonetheless, the pool area is really enjoyable. The elevators are fast - one was always waiting to take us up to our fourth floor room. We stayed in Room 433 and I really do recommend taking an older room. Our view of the city from our balcony was really nice. I think that having an upated room might be nice as far as furnishings/a microwave/flat screen tv (the old rooms do not have these updates), but you lose a lot of privacy with a pool-side, first-floor room, in my opinion. Our older room still had a kitchenette, dishes for two people, a little sink, stove top, oven and fridge. The balconies have a little table and two chairs to sit outside and enjoy a cervesa as the sun goes down. A couple other observations, based on what some reviewers had to say: despite the fact that we were in an "older" room, we did not have shower heat/pressure issues - it worked great the entire time; our maid service was great; the television worked just fine, as did the free calling to the U.S. (a GREAT perk with this hotel); the lobby always smelled very good - whatever fragrance they use, I wish I could bottle it and bring it home with me! The staff was always very friendly and kind, from the front door personnel, to the maids, to the pool staff. I observed several employees painting different areas of the hotel; it really seems that the Bahia truly cares about their property and their patrons. The ONLY drawback (and this really is out of the Bahia's hands) is that based on the location, things do get loud at night. We are a rather tame couple and being in bed before midnight most nights definitely meant we heard partiers long into the morning hours. I would stay at the Bahia again and definitely recommend it to anyone going to Cabo for the first time/with no timeshare, etc. Can't wait to come back!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
lvosburgh, Owner at Bahia Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for your review. You have provided a lot of information that will help future guests. We have a lot of repeat guests who enjoy the upper floors for the view and privacy. It comes down to personal preference. I allways like to hear from new visitors and there comments. It is very helpful and its nice that you took the time to include all the information and comments.
Now that you are a Cabo ite come back soon!!!!
Edmonds, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

As a first time visitor to Cabo, this hotel was a great choice. The decor is chic, the rooms spacious and the bed was very comfortable. I still can't believe our room was only $95 a night. I wasn't a fan of the shower as the water went from hot to cold during the whole time. Adjusting the temp didn't seem to change things. It's not too much of a quibble though, that was my experience with hotels in PV also..

What sets Bahia apart is the staff. Very friendly, helpful and accommodating. Every single staff member we ran across went out of their way to make us happy. I stupidly left my husbands iPad charger at home (a BIG problem, we are self-employed and we need email access just to be able to leave town). After buying two non working chargers in town I didn't know what to do. Well the front desk clerk lent us his personal charger and we charged everything up and were good to go. I've never in all my travels had such good service. Thanks so much.

The pool is nice, not too crowded. 2 for 1 margarita's and pina coladas. The lounge chairs are comfy and they had these great double sized beds for lounging. Super cool. I really can't speak to the pool itself. I have problems with chlorine, so I just lounged the afternoon away.

We had dinner one night at Bar Esquina, yummy food, great service, love the ambiance. Breakfast on Sunday morning was also great. My husband wasn't feeling to great so I snuck out of the room and had a working breakfast. Service and Huevos Rancheros were awesome. The latte I had was excellnet, one of the best I've ever had (I'm from Seattle and very picky about my coffee) and the latte art is awesome. They took good care of me and let me type away.

Great location close to the beach and a short 5 minute walk to the marina.

Room Tip: I understand the 1st floor rooms have been remodeled and don't have problems with the showers.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. It is hard to please a Seattle coffee lover but it sounds like we have done it. My girl Shaela prepares it with love and it shows. We are lucky to have her.
Thank you for pointing out the location as it adds to stress free vacations.

Been to Bahia Hotel & Beach Club? Share your experiences!