We spent 5 glorious days celebrating our 18th anniversary at the Bahia! The service was terrific - all the staff are very friendly and helpful. The location is good; just 1 block from Medano beach. The Bahia is a boutique hotel, so don't go expecting the sterility and blandness of a Fairmont Inn, but it is clean, comfortable, and amazingly quiet (being so close to the party area of Medano beach). We absolutely loved it! The only (minor) disappointment was the WiFi didn't work in our room. It worked fine by the pool, though.
We spent a good deal of time by the pool, where they will serve you snacks and drinks (the Bloody Mary's were fantastic!) We were there at the early edge of spring break, though, so we did have to don earbuds a couple of times to drown out some of the music choices later in the day. It really wasn't a bother, though.
We dined once each for lunch and dinner at Bar Esquina, where the food was fantastic, and not terribly expensive. We also enjoyed smoothies from the coffee bar, but as we were early risers, the best morning coffee before 7AM came from Ramon's place down on the corner (Jarro Coffee), where he makes each cup fresh while you wait. We grabbed a cup from him each morning for our walks down the beach.
Sharky's next door offers excellent traditional Mexican fare. Their complimentary bean soup is marvelous (although my wife couldn't eat it as she's vegetarian), as was the guacamole and fajitas. They also make a great top-shelf margarita!
Down the beach a bit is Cascadas Beach Grill, where we had breakfast on two mornings, right on the sand. The food and service there was excellent, and the view was phenomenal. They couldn't top the Bloody Mary's at the Bahia pool, though!
Another must-do restaurant while in Cabo is Sunset da Mona Lisa.. And be sure to go at sunset (you'll need a reservation). It is absolutely the most beautiful and romantic place for dinner you will find anywhere in the world!
We did try dinner two evenings at the marina, which reminded us a bit of Ocean Drive in South Beach. We were pleased with La Galeria (table side Cesar salad is a big thing in Cabo), but not so much with Alexander's next door. The marina area is very tourist-y, and Alexander's fit right in with that vibe.
It is Mexico, so expect to be approached frequently by locals when on the beach or at the marina offering trinkets, boat rides, Stand Up Paddle (we didn't get around to that but want to try next trip!), etc.. They are not overly pushy, though, so if you aren't into that sort of thing (we aren't), a simple "no" will usually get them to go away.
One last adventure - if you are a fan of The Eagles - is to take an hour drive through the desert north to Todos Santos and visit the Hotel California. While not officially sanctioned as the subject of the song, it fits (dark desert highway, nice courtyard for dancing, etc.). We brunched there, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Google their website for the history of the hotel before you go. The drive is scenic as well, giving you views of the mountains as well as the Pacific coastline.
All in all it was an amazing trip! We can't say enough about the Bahia (a beach view would be tops, but we knew going in that wasn't available), and all of the staff there. We hope to return soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bahia Hotel is a charming, full-service boutique hotel located in the heart of Cabo San Lucas' bustling Medano Beach district, steps from the activities, shopping, dining and nightlife for which Cabo is legendary. With its rich history, personalized service and intimate, welcoming environment, Bahia Hotel differentiates itself from the larger, homogenous chain hotels in Los Cabos. Bahia Hotel offers guests a luxury, urban-chic environment while maintaining the classic Cabo vibe.Bahia Hotel's new first-class restaurant, Bar Esquina, features a new twist on International creative cuisine in Cabo: Mexican influenced Mediterranean flavors using locally grown, organic produce; fresh fish from the Pacific & Sea of Cortez; and the highest quality meats cooked on a mesquite grill.If you are planning your first trip to Cabo, Bahia Hotel is the perfect choice: clean, safe, centrally-located and full of Cabo personality. If you are Cabo veteran, please stop by for quick tour of our beautifully remodeled property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Cheap Tickets, Priceline, getaroom.com, HostelWorld, Hotwire, BookIt.com, HostelBookers, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Bahia Hotel & Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Hotel And Beach Club
- Bahia Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Bahia Cabo San Lucas
- Bahia Hotel & Beach Club Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos