“good location, great staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bahia Hotel & Beach Club

You added Bahia Hotel & Beach Club to your Saves list
Bahia Hotel & Beach Club
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Av. El Pescador s/n | Medano Beach, Cabo San Lucas 23453, Mexico   |
Ranked #27 of 70 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
seattle
“good location, great staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

we found an internet deal on a single classic room which was a great price but I was dissappointed in the quality of the room. Most of the other rooms have been updated and remodeled which I wish I would have splurged a little more to reserve. The restaurant here is fantastic! Great food! The staff has been very helpful and friendly. Its one block from the beach and just a short walk many other attractions. I would definietly stay here again but upgrade to a single deluxe room next time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

If you are looking for a change from the all inclusive resort consider Bahia in Cabo.It is a wonderful hotel with approx 80 rooms and very well appointed with comfy rooms, fridge and nice and clean.In the past we had gone the way of the all inclusives and well this place is much different.You wont have to get up a 6.00am to reserve a spot at the pool you won't have a problem getting a cocktail at the bar and you wont feel crowded as quite frankly at times felt like you were the only ones there.

We liked it this time as you make you own schedule of when you want to eat where and at what time.It's a block from the beach and walking distance to a large variety of restaurants close by or a 5 min walk to the marina which has more eateries than you can imagine.
My only complaint was while eating at Bahia's restaurant they ask if you want sparkling water or regular and we opted for the water out of the Fiji bottle and saw a charge for it for $8.00 on the bill.They came and dropped off bread but we weren't charged for that.It was removed from the bill but just a heads up that it is standard policy to charge for water in some of the nicer est.
Otherwise it is a world class restaurant as the food is to die for.Order the chicken.

Room Tip: We were able to upgrade to a poolside room at no extra charge.
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We stayed in a classic single room in early January. The room itself was nice and clean. It was a decent sized room for the price you pay. We had a balcony overlooking the pool and the town. The hotel lobby is very trendy and recently renovated. We spent some time around the pool in the cabana and found the cocktails to be well made. They have a two for one deal most days! I would recommend this hotel if you are looking for something a bit cheaper than the main resorts on the beach. It's centrally located, a 5 minute walk from the beach, and 20 minutes from the marina.
The only problem we encountered was that the package we bought included a "gourmet breakfast" and when we showed the front desk our booking upon check in, the man looked confused and stated that no we could only get a takeaway muffin & a coffee, not sit down for breakfast. I found this to be very misleading, as obviously a muffin & coffee takeaway is not a "gourmet breakfast". One of the reasons I chose this hotel was for the breakfast deal, and was very disappointed to find out it wasn't as it was advertised.
So I would recommend this hotel, but be wary of misleading deals & packages!!
So I would recommend this hotel, but be wary of the packages and deals with your room rate as they may not be what they seem!

Room Tip: Ask for a pool front or pool view with a balcony.
Onchan, Isle of Man
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We stayed for our last two nights in Baja at this hotel. Our room was huge, as were the two (!) huge beds in our room. This has a great location near the beach - the only disappointment was that the pool area was in the shade of the buildings in. The mornings. The restaurant was fully booked both nights we were there so I couldn't rate the restaurant. The staff were all very helpful.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the road at the front of the hotel but there wasn't any road noise and the f...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
lvosburgh, Owner at Bahia Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thank you for your review. Sorry about the restaurant but it's been really popular with locals and tourists. This time of year the sun is blocked from the pool in the morning but the good news is when the beach is in the shade in the afternoon we have sun all afternoon. Hot tub time!!!
Great picture on your signature page!
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Visited Bahia Hotel the week of December 10th. We stayed in a Deluxe room on the pool level.

Enjoyed the accomodations and service from hotel staff. This was my fourth visit to the Bahia in two years and this time i noticed what other guests have commented about - that the mattress seems a little hard. Is there a hotel industry standard on mattress hardness or is it a cultural preference?

It rained for two days, which unfortunately meant the lovely Esquina restaurant outdoor seating was not available. The staff moved the outdoor tables into the lobby area for dining. It was a little cramped but otherwise fine. I was wondering whether the cool weather would be a problem, because the Bahia like other hotels in Mexico doesn't have central heating in the rooms, but it was ok. Dined at the Esquina restaurant for breakfast each morning and dinner one evening and the food and service was excellent. Especially like returning to the hotel in the evening and having a late dessert in the Esquina restaurant and listening to small latin jazz groups.

Overall I rate the Bahia very highly if you're looking for a medium size hotel centrally located to the beaches, marina, restaurants and shops. The deluxe rooms have been nicely renovated, The staff is excellent and restaurant is perfect for entertaining.

I did have a problem at checkout. When I checked out, the room rate was more than the rate I was quoted on my reservation with Bahia website. After returning to LA, I noticed the discrepency and called Karim at the concierge desk and he was able to correct the discrepency. Thanks Karim.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. Yes the unexpected rain has caused lots of contingency plans to go into affect.

I am not sure what happened at check out but I am so glad to hear that it was corrected as soon as you realized the mistake.

My name is Lee Vosburgh and I would like to say hello next time you are here if you don't mind. We at the Bahia like to get to know our guests and appreciate you choosing to stay with us.
REnton, wa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

This experience is only about the hotel itself, no other factors outside of this experience.
In March we booked a 2 bedroom suite, that we researched using travel site's as well the hotel site. The room description on the hotel site was what swayed us to choose this room at this hotel; a large suite ideal for larger families or groups with 2 large terraces. Since there were 2 couples going we wanted to spend time together, but also have some separation.
When entering the property, you see the check-in area and a nice open bar/restaurant. Everything was clean and very open with nice decoration and this gave a super first impression.
While our room (226) was very clean, it is rather sterile, just white everywhere not even a piece of art on the wall. We ended up at ground level essentially, which was level to the front street. if we were wanting to opening the curtains the windows with bars across them, allowed people that walked by to see inside easily and did not allow for any privacy, and added some road noise late at night.
As far as a 2 bedroom there was one bedroom that was completely closed off, the second was opened to the living area, more of a studio style and limited privacy since the living room is a shared area. There was also no outdoor area’s at all that were connected to the room. Not having the terraces as described was a negative for us; because that was something we looked forward too as part of the room.
The beds were pretty far from comfortable, even after we asked to have the comforters added to the mattress as a top, it was still very much like sleeping on a box spring.
I think we really missed 20% to 30% of the room we were advertised. Again I booked my trip in March of 2012 for a two bedrooms suite. I also called prior to my arrival to ensure that the room described on the hotel website was what I was getting, and was assured I would be. I also sent 2 follow up emails as additions questions came to mind in Sept and Oct, but I never received a response to those questions email questions.
The pool area is nice, a little small but fits considering the size of the hotel. There were plenty of chairs, but you had to find the right spot if you wanted to be in the sun the majority of the time. The bar opened at 11 and the service was good; someone always seemed to be walking by asking if you needed anything. Also it helps to get to the pool early even before the sun is fully out, there are a few people who liked to play tap tap place back by leaving things in the morning and not coming back until hours later when the sun came out. That’s not the hotels fault, just something to point out if you really want to have some time in the sun at the hotel.
When I asked the front desk about the room not being as described, I was told they would get back to me after making some inquires. This was disappointing that no one ever did respond, call or anything. The next day I returned to the front desk asked again about our room not being what we booked, I did not expect much but at this point I was curious why there was no response at all, I was told there was nothing that could be done. I did not expect to be moved since we were checked in, but there was no concern from the hotel that this was not as advertised. Again this is disappointing to plan a trip so far in advance and do my diligence prior to arrival to not get what I paid for.
I have finally been able to reach the hotel but not thru there info email address, but to the reservations email, why the difference I am not sure. They have offered a 20% discount on my next stay plus amenities (I am not sure what that means) I am not sure how I feel about the offer of 20% off my next stay, when I received 20% less on this stay, and it took me a while to save for this trip, and I am not sure when I would be able to make another.
Before leaving I walked around the hotel I think our unit was the only one without a terrace.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My boyfriend and I spent Xmas at Bahia, and I can't recommend it enough. The staff are friendly and the rooms are hip and quiet. No screaming kids, and a great pool/hot tub area.
The restaurant is amazing. I am usually vegan, but knew that would be impossible in Mexico so I had the mushroom pizza - I normally HATE mushrooms, but they did something magical to them.Magic mushrooms.
Its not right on the beach, but its about a 30 second walk to it. (Note - its right next to the loud beach where its Spring Break all the time, if you walk over to the right a bit, which we did every day, its quiet)
Also a very short walk to the Harbor (which now looks like the Glendale Galleria, sad)