“5-Star Stay at a 3-Star Price” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bahia Hotel & Beach Club

Save Saved
You added Bahia Hotel & Beach Club to your Saves list
Bahia Hotel & Beach Club
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Av. El Pescador s/n | Medano Beach, Cabo San Lucas 23453, Mexico   |
Ranked #24 of 66 hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Seattle, Washington
“5-Star Stay at a 3-Star Price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I visited Cabo during Christmas, all the major hotels were super expensive. Last year I stayed at Casa Dorada but it was almost $500 per night, so I tried the Bahia Hotel right across the street after reading many positive reviews. For $112 per night, it was a steal. My room was large and recently renovated to a cool modern vibe. The staff were all very friendly and easy to chat with. The on-site restaurant was amazing - and affordable! I ate there three different times. The pool bar has a 2 for 1 happy hour and a nice hot tub. The other guests were very friendly and many were repeat customers. There is no ocean view, but the beach is a 5 minute walk. I planted myself in one of the Casa Dorada's beach chairs and ordered drinks and food all day so they didn't mind a non-guest using their chair. It is also a quick walk into town/marina.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
lvosburgh, Owner at Bahia Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for the review. I like the sound of that title. Five star for a three star price. I'm happy you enjoyed the food and staff. They work hard and really care about our guests experience. Many of our guests have stayed in the resorts adjacent to us and found our boutique hotel while dining in our restaurant Bar Esquina.

597 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
Grapevine, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

The room was large and clean. I could not get wifi in my room, only in the lobby and pool area. The hotel offers free calls to the United States but I believe it is only one line that everyone must take turns sharing. It took me over 30 minutes to finally get a line out. The hotel is small so it is fairly quiet and it is within walking distance to the beach. There is an onsite restaurant but I found it to be very pricey.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Manning, Alberta, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

We stayed at the Bahia for 7 nights in their ground level Pool Access room. We were looking for a nice hotel where we would not be hounded by time share brokers.(and we found it!)
The Bahia is a 5 minute walk from everywhere you want to be, Medano Beach...the Marina...or right down town. The on site bar and restauant has a great ambiance and excellent food. The pool is nice, with a small swim up bar offering 2 for 1 drinks 11am-7pm. The bar maid (Maria) and the bartender( Ricardo) were both wonderful...always helpful/friendly/and smiling.
Overall the room was nice,spacious, very clean and the staff was prompt in assisting us when we locked ourselves out. The only recomendation I can think of for the room is that there was no price list for the in room mini-bar/snacks and a small dresser would have been nice.
There is free wi-fi available, and it worked quite well.
We will stay here again!! CHEERS

Room Tip: having access to the pool from our room was amazing!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
lvosburgh, Owner at Bahia Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Thank you for your review. Glad you had a great trip. Sorry about the no price list for the mini bar, we are making sure they are in all rooms.
Thank you for the comment on the staff. We are very fortunate to have them and know they are an integral part of the guest experience.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

Bahia was a great stay. Even though it's not directly on the beach, it's very central and convenient. And with Esquina Bar at your doorstep, it's a great place to start the night or... if you're truly enjoying Cabo to its fullest, finish off the night with a nice breakfast in the morning ;)

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for your review. Any night that starts and ends at Esquina is a good one.
Marin County
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

My husband and I just got back from a 4 night stay at the Bahia Hotel. We were looking for a well-managed boutique hotel, and that is just what we got at the Bahia. The staff were friendly, helpful, and efficient. The room was spacious and comfortable. And the kitchen was very good. The appetizers and mains were uniformly excellent; the cocktails were unusual and very good. The coffee was full of caramel overtones with no bitterness whatsoever.

We will definitely chose Bahia on our next trip to Cabos.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. Reviews like this are very easy to reply to.
All I can say is thank you and look foward to seeing you on your next trip to Cabo.
burlingame
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Do not worry about not being on the beach - this hotel is one block away. I think they are slowly renovating, but as of December 2012, the lobby floor looks amazing while the rooms are still a bit outdated. The beds were uncomfortable.
The downstairs restaurant/bar was going off every night and attracted a big crowd. Great food. Did not hear any noise upstairs though.

Room Tip: choose a room facing the pool or Casa Dorada
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. We are actually closer to the beach than many or the rooms at the Mega resorts. It is a very easy walk.
Thank you for your comment on the bed. We are taking a full inventory because we had one other comment on the beds. It is suprizing because we have had such great reviews on the beds and linens and did a lot of researched when we purchased them.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

First off I would like to say this was my second time staying at the the Bahia hotel in Cabo San Lucas. My family and I stayed for 4 nights down at the Bahia in June.( durring the G20 summit) The entire family loved our stay at that hotel at the time.
So when I found out my friend was having a birthday party down in Cabo, I knew right away where we should all stay. I got the whole party of ten along with my girlfriend to try my new favorite hotel.
They all loved this hotel, everybody only had great things to say about our stay.
I once again fell in love with the Bahia.
First off, the whole experience is great right from the start at check in. The hotel lobby is spacious and has the perfect Cabo vibe going.
And the entire staff, from the coffe shop to the concierge were all so friendly and helpful. Special thank you to Mattamis, who is there to greet you as you enter the hotel. That guy is perfect for that job and deserves to be recognized for his efforts. We love to travel and have stayed at some great hotels. The Bahia hotel is definitely in my top 3 hotel experiences. It has the perfect balance of authentic baja mexico charm and wide variety of hotel amenities. The food and service at the restraunt is 5 star quality. We had a b-day dinner there and they made a special carrot cake for the b-day boy. It was all so tasty and an unforgettable b-day dinner/ party.
My family and I are already planning our next vacation to Cabo and of course we will be staying no where else but the Bahia. We all agree the staff does a great job of making you feel like you are family, and you are on vacation. And im not even talking about the great location of the hotel, wich is perfectly nestled in the heart of Medano Beach.
ANOTHER 2 THUMBS UP FOR THE BAHIA!!
see ya guys again in 6 months.
Rob H.

• Stayed December 2012
lvosburgh, Owner at Bahia Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you for your fantastic review. It is wonderful to read such a review and see that the hard work pays off. Our staff is awsome and they deserve the positive revieew and they will be rewarded for it. Please look me up next time you are on the property. Just ask the front desk for Lee

Been to Bahia Hotel & Beach Club? Share your experiences!