Our first impression of the Bahia Hotel & Beach Club was negative, since we were told that our room had been given to someone who was attending a wedding, so we'd need to spend our first of four nights at a hotel about six blocks away. We were disappointed, but we had no other choice, even though we had made our reservation two months ago. When we returned to the Bahia, we were upgraded to a much nicer room in the remodeled section with two queen beds. The sink that sits on the bathroom vanity is too big for the space, leaving little room for your toiletries. The water temperature in the shower sometimes runs hot then cold then hot again. A lot of water is wasted while you try to get a comfortable temperature.
The location of the Bahia Hotel is less than a block from the best beach (Medano Beach) in Cabo San Lucas. It is within easy walking distance to the Marina where there are lots of stores. Downtown Cabo is only a few blocks beyond the Marina where we visited Cabo Wabo Cantina that is owned by Sammy Hagar from the rock group Van Halen. There is lots of Sammy Hagar memorabilia found throughout the Cantina.
The pool at the Bahia is very cold, so there were no people in the pool for more than a few minutes. The hot tub was warm and crowded. The chaise lounges around the pool had comfortable soft padding. The soft double-sized beds around the pool were very comfortable. We had brought our own drinks to the pool, but we were told that we had to order our drinks from the pool bar. We were disappointed and surprised by this news. There were occasionally sewer-like smells while we were at the pool.
There were also cooking food smells in the lobby of the Bahia that came from the attached Esquina Bar and Restaurant. The lobby of the Bahia is very small and crowded. There are two small desks where you can sit while you check in and out. There are also soft couches where you can sit and wait until it's your turn to speak to someone at the desk.
The bedding at the Bahia is very nice, however the down-filled quilt is much too warm for Cabo's warm weather. The mattress pad is also down-filled. I thought I was being bitten a few times until I discovered the sharp ends of the feathers were poking through the mattress pad into my skin.
The lighting in our room was very dim. We would have wanted brighter lighting. The air conditioner worked very well and was not too noisy. We could hear the giggles and voices of people in the outer hallway coming through our door. We could also hear the heels of people walking across the floor in the room above our room.
Some of the many helpful, friendly people at the Bahia included Eduardo, the concierge, Karim, Ana, Vididianna, Dustin, etc.
During our stay we went on the Sun Rider Sunset Cruise that included drinks and a average dinner. The catamaran went to Land's End Arch, pelican rock, Lover's Beach, the sea lion colony, etc. When we went out into the Pacific Ocean beyond the arch the waves became very rough. We saw black images under the water that might have been whales. The crew on the Sun Rider tried to get people to join them in dance. They actually went around to everyone on the cruise and asked to have tips put into their blue box labeled "TIPS". We thought $59 was too expensive for this cruise. The taxis in Cabo San Lucas are also very expensive. It cost $10 to ride one-way from the Bahia around the Marina to Dock 4 where we got on the Sun Rider Sunset Cruise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bahia Hotel is a charming, full-service boutique hotel located in the heart of Cabo San Lucas' bustling Medano Beach district, steps from the activities, shopping, dining and nightlife for which Cabo is legendary. With its rich history, personalized service and intimate, welcoming environment, Bahia Hotel differentiates itself from the larger, homogenous chain hotels in Los Cabos. Bahia Hotel offers guests a luxury, urban-chic environment while maintaining the classic Cabo vibe.Bahia Hotel's new first-class restaurant, Bar Esquina, features a new twist on International creative cuisine in Cabo: Mexican influenced Mediterranean flavors using locally grown, organic produce; fresh fish from the Pacific & Sea of Cortez; and the highest quality meats cooked on a mesquite grill.If you are planning your first trip to Cabo, Bahia Hotel is the perfect choice: clean, safe, centrally-located and full of Cabo personality. If you are Cabo veteran, please stop by for quick tour of our beautifully remodeled property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Odigeo, BookIt.com, getaroom.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Bahia Hotel & Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Hotel And Beach Club
- Bahia Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Bahia Cabo San Lucas
- Bahia Hotel & Beach Club Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos