“Great fishing experience” 5 of 5 stars

Memphis, Tennessee
3 attraction reviews
“Great fishing experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

One of the best fishing trips of my life. I can tell you, that after fishing in over a dozen countries, I know a good fishing operation when I see one. The boats were clean, organized, and well maintained. The equipment was top notch. The crew was very friendly and helpful. They worked their butts off to get me fish. I didn`t stay in Cabo, so I got a taxi down there. Make sure to tell them hacienda dock. They dropped me off at the other side of the dock, and it required a water taxi to get me over. They ripped me off($20 USD for the 1.5 min ride) but what was I going to do. Never to fear, the Minervas crew, and owners, blessed them out for me. They even offered to repay my money, which I declined. After all it was my fault.

We left the dock before time to start, got lunch and bait for the day and headed out. Within the first hour and 15 min, we had caught 2 dorado, including one bull, and a striped marlin. There was a little break in the action, only for it to pick back up again. We hit a school of dorado, and proceeded to catch another 13 before I asked the crew to head out, and get back after the marlin/sailfish I was after. Not long after we raised another sailfish and got it to bite, only to have it throw the hook. We finished the day with one more marlin, and were headed back into the dock, when captain Pimi spotted another marling close to the surface. We promptly stopped, and started pitching live bait to it. They worked from the time I got on the boat, to the time I got off. Bob was at the dock to greet us upon arrival. Got a ride to the shop, where I bought tshirts and asked for them to hail me a cab. Bob, said no way and gave me a ride back to my hotel. Excellent service. I will be back every year!!!

Jeff

Visited August 2012

Nacogdoches, Texas
6 attraction reviews
“You wanna catch fish? Call Minerva's!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

I have been fishing in cabo for over 10 years. Minerva's has always taken great care of me. I like to fish on Minerva II with Pimi, he loves to catch fish and will work hard to find the fish and get them into the boat. The boat is great for two people or six people very comfortable. Minerva III is another great boat and captain. Trust them they will take great care of you. If you want to catch lots of fish - call Minerva's!

Amarillo, Texas
3 attraction reviews
“Great day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

We went fishing on the Manerva 3 on6/9/12. We caugh 1 large marlin and hooked 3 others. We saw close to 100 marlin on the surface but could not get them to bite. The boat was comfortable and very functional. The 2 man crew was very professional. The trip was booked for 8 hrs but we stayed out almost 9 hrs

Palm Desert
“Best in Cabo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

I have fished Minerva for over15 years, never skunked once! Both Bob and Minerva are nice people and run a top notch fleet.
I wouldn't fish anyone else.
And by the way, I just returned yesterday from Cabo. My buddies and I fished on Minerva II with caption Pimi and had a great day. 7 Tuna 1 Yellowtail 1 Marlin
The most flags in the harbor!!!
If your thinking about fishing in Cabo, think Minerva, and tell them Moe sent you.

Visited March 2012
Austin
“Minervas rocks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

Myself and two buddies booked Minvervas and did the all inclusive. We played 760 for the three of us. It was an awesome deal.

We headed out early and went about 30 miles offshore and found a bunch of porpoises. The deckhand worked tirelessly to find fish and in about 2 hours we had 9 Tuna. They were not huge ones but still good sizes.

By the time we had caught nine we were almost 60 miles out. We started to head back in and caught 2 Mahi Mahis. The captain and deckhand worked hard throughout the trip and made sure we were happy. When we came in around 3 lots of other boats were coming as well but we were the only ones to catch more than 5 fish. The boat was great (Minerva III) and very clean.

I went ahead and paid to have them clean the fish and the next day I came in to find all of my fish vacuum sealed and frozen. I was excited at how professional they were.

These guys were the best and I am so happy that I used them. Don't get suckered into going out with other companies because they are cheaper.

Visited December 2011