We booked Welk/SDM based on the reviews we read on TA. Upon staying at the resort, we found the reviews to be very accurate. We liked that the service was good and very helpful in a laid back way. They were not in your face like other places. Fedra, the concierge, was very pleasant and arranged a shuttle service to and from the airport. They even tell you how to avoid the time share sharks when you exit the International Terminal. Fedra also asked if we might be interested in listening to a presentation about their timeshare. We declined since we were not staying long and had lots to do. She was super chill about it and didn't pressure us.
While the overall service was great, the hotel is also really good for people who are a tad more self sufficient. They don't clean your room every day and I prefer it that way. I've always thought it was wasteful to get clean towels in your room every day. In addition, you can cook in your room or on the outside grille. As recommended by reviewers, we stocked up on groceries, at Walmart, the first day. We got these gorgeous steaks for $8. They were so juicy and flavorful. My husband grilled them as we looked out onto the sunset.
One day when we went into town, my husband was planning to take out some cash at an ATM. We took a cab in, which cost the pre-set amount of $15, plus tip. When we came across an ATM my husband discovered that he accidentally brought his credit card, not his ATM card. This meant we only had a couple of dollars on us, not enough to take a cab back. I read how a good number of people had taken the local bus. So we went to find where to take it. It turned out to be so easy! And cheap, at $1 per person. I wish we had taken it when we came into town. The only caveat is that there is a moderate walk back from the main road to the resort, with a bit of a hill. As such, I would recommend taking a cab into town (up hill) and then the bus back to the resort (down hill).
One of the mornings we were at the resort, we went snorkeling down at the private beach. We were worried about the stairs going down because of some of the reviews. It actually turned out to be fine, not a problem at all. There was a small, but lovely beach. The snorkeling was fantastic. Super clear water. We saw a million fish.
On another day, we went Stand-up Paddle-Boarding at Medano beach. If you are interested in water activities, keep in mind that it gets really busy after 10am especially with jet ski-ers and water taxis. I didn't get to enjoy the last half hour of my rental because the jet skies kept buzzing by. It was impossible to stay standing. Next time we'll go at 8am or 9am.
Lastly, one of the criteria for booking a resort in Cabo was an infinity pool. Welk/SDM had two. The main one rocked! You could hang over the edge and stare at the Arch for hours. The swim up bar was pretty cool too.
Overall, we had a very enjoyable trip and would recommend Welk/SDM to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxurious secluded 7-acre resort is perched on the cliffs of Cabo San Lucas corridor peninsula, with amazing views of El Arco. Every villa is ocean front. Whale watching Dec 15 - March 15. Sunbathing and swimming at private protected cove beach (no vendors permitted). Resort is ten minute drive to heart of Cabo San Lucas shopping and night life. Guest amenities: two infinity-edge pools and spa, swim-up bar, al fresca body massages, al fresca Las Palapas restaurant and bar, ocean view fitness center, multiple planned activities for all age groups, game room, fire pit and mini-market. 2011 Tripadvisor #2 Romantic hotel/resort in Los Cabos and 2012 Tripadvisor #1 2012 Cabo San Lucas hotel and resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos