My wife and I own a timeshare in Cabo and usually go there, but this time I took a chance and exchanged it for the Welk Resort. We didn't really know what to expect, other than it's not near town. We were more than surprised and impressed by this property.
Our one-bedroom suite was one of the nicest appointed rooms we've stayed at in years. It was classy in every sense of the word. When we threw open the curtains and saw the view my wife almost cried. Our room looked right over the cliffs into the ocean - a literal million dollar view (the house situated to the east of the hotel is up for sale for $8 million...with a similar view).
The pools are infinity and face downtown Cabo, you can see the Arch...simply amazing.
While you can go to the beach...it's not really worth it. The pools are better.
Service was great. Food was not.
The food was overpriced and bordered on terrible. The waiters would not make any changes to the menu and seemed to have no authority to make changes to a menu to fit your needs. We ate two meals there in 7 days...went into town for the rest (we made our own breakfasts). Thankfully Cabo has great places to eat, but it's expensive and time consuming to go downtown just to eat.
Like we said, this hotel is not near downtown, but the view and the rooms as well as it's seclusion make it a place I'd go back to. It was one of our most favorite Cabo vacations (we've been five times).
We loved everything but the food at Sirena Del Mar....if they fix that....watch out Cabo!
We also had a couples massage, it was outside and there was a baby crying for part of it, but we still enjoyed it and would do it again.
- Also Known As:
- Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar Hotel
- Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxurious secluded 7-acre resort is perched on the cliffs of Cabo San Lucas corridor peninsula, with amazing views of El Arco. Every villa is ocean front. Whale watching Dec 15 - March 15. Sunbathing and swimming at private protected cove beach (no vendors permitted). Resort is ten minute drive to heart of Cabo San Lucas shopping and night life. Guest amenities: two infinity-edge pools and spa, swim-up bar, al fresca body massages, al fresca Las Palapas restaurant and bar, ocean view fitness center, multiple planned activities for all age groups, game room, fire pit and mini-market. 2011 Tripadvisor #2 Romantic hotel/resort in Los Cabos and 2012 Tripadvisor #1 2012 Cabo San Lucas hotel and resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.