As everyone says, the views are incredible. I am not a ocean-view person but this was a nice change. It was the end of whale season and we still saw many swimming to their summer location. The telescopes by the pool are nice to zoom in on the action. Also a great view of the arch from the pool area.
We stayed there as guests of Welk to do the timeshare meeting. That was LOOOONGer than expected (almost 3 hours). We had the smallest room (it was free so that would be expected!) But enough room for my sister and I. The people above us must have been housing a rhino -- they were so loud (people, if you have kids, respect those below you!! Or get a bottom level room.) Full-size fridge is nice as well. Kitchen was minimal but fine for microwaving or boiling water! Not gourmet cooking while on vacation.
Staff was friendly. Carlos at the pool bar, Manny leading the activities and Gabriel the bellman were always helpful (and Gabriel always called us by name). Concierge desk were helpful although it was minimal that we needed them. Front desk check in was a little slow -- I think the gentleman that checked us in was new or overloaded with 3 check-ins at once.
BRING BUG SPRAY. I was eaten alive by mosquitoes one night out at the pool. There is a lot of foliage around the resort so they bugs are plentiful. They have raid in the rooms, but needed something to fight of the mosquitoes.
The pool area was crowded and its set-up is a little odd. There are 2 separate pools (one is covered a bit to help with shade and is a little cooler than the larger pool) and a smaller "foot pool" that circles the resort. From the pics, we thought it was a lazy river but its just a few inches of water. Not sure the purpose except to look pretty and put your foot in to cool off? It does lead to a waterfall down by the Jacuzzi below. The Jacuzzi is located on a separate level. There is no access to that except for stairs, so if you have limited movement, no way to get down to that area. Just an FYI.
Fire pit area is really nice and great for chatting with other guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxurious secluded 7-acre resort is perched on the cliffs of Cabo San Lucas corridor peninsula, with amazing views of El Arco. Every villa is ocean front. Whale watching Dec 15 - March 15. Sunbathing and swimming at private protected cove beach (no vendors permitted). Resort is ten minute drive to heart of Cabo San Lucas shopping and night life. Guest amenities: two infinity-edge pools and spa, swim-up bar, al fresca body massages, al fresca Las Palapas restaurant and bar, ocean view fitness center, multiple planned activities for all age groups, game room, fire pit and mini-market. 2011 Tripadvisor #2 Romantic hotel/resort in Los Cabos and 2012 Tripadvisor #1 2012 Cabo San Lucas hotel and resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos