We visited the resort twice (in 2012 and in 2013), and both times we booked one of the penthouse suites. We had an amazing experience (which is why we went back.)
The Penthouse Suite in the new building is better, with artisan built-ins in the den, a dazzling master bath, and a rather large Jacuzzi on the balcony. The Penthouse in the older building is very nice too, just does not have these amenities, and the master bath is less spectacular.
The staff is really warm and accommodating (bell-boy Francisco Gabriel is very helpful), and everybody speaks great English (if that is important to you).
Food is... eh... average, and pricey given that this is Mexico. We just went to Costco and Walmart, loaded up our fridge with food and drinks which gave us better flexibility. Access is easy via taxis everywhere, but the location is not really in walking distance to much given that you are right on the beach. FYI, a taxi to downtown Cabo is 20 US dollars (and there isn't much there except shopping and the boats).
The views CAN'T be beat. You just can't. It is probably the most spectacular suite we've been, hands down, throughout Mexico. Very well done and you can see the Arch from every room I think. In Feb 2013, we had whales parading in front of our balcony, for hours. Same with dolphins, pelicans and so on. Really beautiful.
We traveled with our parents and our infant daughter, and the staff arranged for a crib, a high chair and everything we needed. it was a perfect set-up and we could have had 6 adults and 2 kids in the suite if we needed.
Bring your own pillow if you are picky. Their pillows are HUGE.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxurious secluded 7-acre resort is perched on the cliffs of Cabo San Lucas corridor peninsula, with amazing views of El Arco. Every villa is ocean front. Whale watching Dec 15 - March 15. Sunbathing and swimming at private protected cove beach (no vendors permitted). Resort is ten minute drive to heart of Cabo San Lucas shopping and night life. Guest amenities: two infinity-edge pools and spa, swim-up bar, al fresca body massages, al fresca Las Palapas restaurant and bar, ocean view fitness center, multiple planned activities for all age groups, game room, fire pit and mini-market. 2011 Tripadvisor #2 Romantic hotel/resort in Los Cabos and 2012 Tripadvisor #1 2012 Cabo San Lucas hotel and resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos