This resort far exceeded my expectations. The reviews and pictures are spot on. I was originally nervous about its small size because I like to keep busy at all times, but there was plenty to do and the size contributed to my relaxation during this trip. The resort is a ten minute car ride from downtown. We rented a car after doing a ton of research and reading forum posts. Best way to go, in my opinion. They have quick valet and having a car allowed us to get at least one meal a day downtown. It's a straight shot downtown and parking at the centrally located mall was cheap and easy.
We tried a few meals at the resort. I highly recommend the Sunday pool party and taco Tuesday. Their fish tacos were the best I had my whole trip. We had dinner at the restaurant one evening and I'd say it was okay, but not worth the cost. The Mexican Fiesta was fun, but because of the cost ($35/pp) and all-you-can-eat/drink status, I think we all over ate and drank cuz we wanted to get our money's worth. Because we had access to a car and a full kitchen, we stocked up at Walmart the first day. We had no problems bringing our own drinks down to the pool in plastic cups we brought from home. We even made lunches and brought them down. The little market by the front desk had a tub of fresh guacamole for $5...it was awesome! Our favorite off site restaurant by far was Hacienda Cocina y Cantina. We loved it so much that we went back a few days later for a second dinner.
Fedra at the concierge desk was super helpful. She helped with reservations, gave good recommendations and always a smile on her face. Check in was smooth. We were traveling with another couple and were offered to trade our two premier rooms for a penthouse suite, but after looking at it decided against it because one couple would have a far superior room and bathroom. Plus we liked our privacy. Manny, the activities director was fun and engaging. We tried salsa lessons, water aerobics (even got the husbands to have fun with it), and of course bartending class. All in all, very attentive staff. We liked the beach as well and exploring the rocky shore underneath the resort. Bring aqua socks for the beach- the sand is coarse.
We loved our premier suite! Fantastic balconies with amazing views. The older of the two buildings had superb views of el arco. I'd sit out there every morning with coffee and watch the whales off in the distance. The bed was comfortable...not the best I've slept in but also not the worst. The shower was awesome! My husband called it a car-wash. The kitchen was fully stocked and we even did a load of laundry.
Bring an insulated cup to make your own drinks for the pool (they even have blenders in the rooms).
Ask for a room on at least the second floor
The freezers has an ice maker. Even though the water is filtered, we were nervous. Bring an ice tray and use bottled water if you think it would make you feel better.
If you decide to do the timeshare presentation, beware that it can take longer than expected. I'm not sure why, but ours took almost 3 hours. I will admit that I asked questions and it was fun to see decked out suites, but my husband was complaining the rest of the trip about the wasted hours. We did get 2 massages and an extremely discounted snorkel tour out of it though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxurious secluded 7-acre resort is perched on the cliffs of Cabo San Lucas corridor peninsula, with amazing views of El Arco. Every villa is ocean front. Whale watching Dec 15 - March 15. Sunbathing and swimming at private protected cove beach (no vendors permitted). Resort is ten minute drive to heart of Cabo San Lucas shopping and night life. Guest amenities: two infinity-edge pools and spa, swim-up bar, al fresca body massages, al fresca Las Palapas restaurant and bar, ocean view fitness center, multiple planned activities for all age groups, game room, fire pit and mini-market. 2011 Tripadvisor #2 Romantic hotel/resort in Los Cabos and 2012 Tripadvisor #1 2012 Cabo San Lucas hotel and resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos