“Whales from Your Balcony” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar

Save Saved
You added Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar to your Saves list
Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Carretera Transpeninsular Km 4.5 Cabo Bello, Cabo San Lucas 23410, Mexico   |
Offers & Announcements
55 to 58% off villas rate
Ranked #7 of 65 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Newport, Oregon
“Whales from Your Balcony”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

This beautiful property is next to Punta Ballena and whales were leaping, splashing and fin slapping nearly every day of the 7 days we were there. Every morning began with coffee and whale watching on our deck. There were 6 of us-4 adults and 2 boys ages 4 and 6 so we had one of the 2 bedroom penthouses on the 5th floor.The view in all directions was magnificent. The staff and the spotless and beautiful grounds make this a very comfortable and relaxing place. The staff from Francisco to Carlos and Manny as well as the staff behind the desk, in the kitchen and restaurant are all very kind and efficient with smiles for all of the cold weather refugees who were there. Our room didn't have a frying pan, but one was delivered quickly after one call to the front desk. We ate at the restaurant and ate many meals in our rooms. We used the pre-order list for food to be delivered and it was there half an hour after we arrived. The pools and grounds were never over crowded and it was very peaceful. All of our physical needs were met so we spent the time playing and snorkeling on the beautiful little beach, swimming in the pools, playing games, going on a kayak trip to Chileno Bay, a whale watch for humpbacks out of Cabo as well as a day trip to Magdalena Bay to see the baby grays, We went by air as it is 5 hours each way to drive. Thank you to the Sirena del Mar team for a wonderful vacation.

Room Tip: The higher the room the better the view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (323)
Saint James, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We arrived in january after a week at the Hacienda Encantada. Driving to the resort you need to get on the service road. The entrance is opposite the Home Depo shopping center. There is a Hotel sign but you can pass it quickly. This resort is on the Ocean side of the corridor highway about 3 miles outside of Cabo.We enjoyed the Hacienda but we Loved the Sirena Del Mar. This resort just fit us so nicely.
We stayed in a small suite. Plenty big for the two of us. It had an entry to the small nice living room with a tv and dining room table. The snazzy kitchen and lovely counter with stove top and full size fridge and microwave with complete pots pans toaster and all the utensils and dishes you could want. Everything is new and in excellent condition. The bathroom was on the left and had a full size hair dryer (My wife was impressed) Everything seemed new in this resort. The best part was the bedroom. The units all have a great water view with nice balconies. The Glass door was a 3 piece that opened a full 8 feet. Amazing !!! I had never seen one like it. The bed was very comfortable...But that view..WoW !!
The resort is on a point so you have this fantastic view of the Ocean and the Lands end Arch. The palms and tropical plants really give this resort a wonderful exotic feel. They have two infinity pools of different depths and heated to diferent temps. The loungers are on diferent levels, its a great terraced setup. They have a telescope to watch the boats, whales and porpose leap and you see plenty of them during Dec,Jan, Feb, March and perhaps April when the whales are still migrating.
They have a firepit on a lower level above the Large hot tub pool. About 8 chairs around it. Nice place to chat with other guests.
They have a nice gym with plent of equipment. It was empty during our stay. There is even a swimmable beach at the base of the resort where it is shallow and safe for kids to swim . It is a good place to snorkle too. You can see fish on the side where the rocks are if you stand still. There are a couple of palapas for shade on this small crescent beach. The stairs to get down there are an adventure. Its a winding staircase about 100 steps and you are dizzy by the time you get down there. So its not for the handicapped. But it is an option.
I love it that you dont need a towel card here. The waiters are active and quick to get you a drink. The restaurant and pool area is very quiet. It was (95% full and the place seemed empty.) Great if you dont like crowds. Manny iwas the activity guy and did his best to get people involved in all sorts of games and activities.
We do love this resort and would come back in a minute. Its upscale the waiters and front end people are friendly. Franscisco is at the front as you drive up, He has such a nice personality with great service and wondeful greetings as we drove up. Always a smile. He valet parked our rental car Free every day. This is a small but Perfect resort. We will come back. We have stayed at a lot of resorts here in Cabo. This is the BEST!!!

Room Tip: Get a room toward the center of the resort on the highest floor you can.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Mexico City, Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

i'm not usually so vocally opposed to an organization, especially in a public forum. but we're a gay couple, and this resort treated us like second-class citizens.

they said because we aren't registered under the same address (even though we are - they wouldn't allow us to show proof of where we live) that we didn't qualify for any of their specialties for couples or visitors. their consolation prize: though we promised you all sorts of bonuses at the outset, wooed you into visit, and have spent an hour waiting for us to deliberate on how to offer you nothing, we're going to give you nothing still be happy to show you the properties so you WRITE A GOOD REVIEW ON TRIPADVISOR.

the management company shifted the blame constantly: when we were told that we wouldn't be offered the same amenities as every other guest, we asked to speak to a manager. the manager said the decision was made in the US. we got that person's name and made sure - did this person deny us the right to benefits? well, no, this person just made the company policy so they can listen to complaints. so we asked blankly: who made the decision here in cabo to not allow us the same rights as anyone else? the management finally decided the best course was to blame the person who filled out our entry forms.

this company refuses to take responsibility for their choices, and refuses to stand up for their backwards and terrible principles. they've alienated this client, and future clients should certainly take notice. welk resorts not only wasted my time, and ruined part of my vacation, but made me feel ashamed that they come from the states.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We saw all of the great reviews and decided to give this place a try. The Welk Resort was everythng that we had hoped. Great private beach, beautiful pool, sweet hosts. It's hard to say anything negative about the place. It's really stunning and every room has a view of the sea. We were on the ground floor and were happy not to have to climb stairs with the kids. So, ff you are looking for a super easy week (but not an adventure) then I'd check this place out. One other thing to add. I accidently left a ton (over $2,000) of cash out for 24 hours and headed up to Todos Santos for a night with my family. When I got back there was a nice note next to the cash I had forgotten to put in the safe reminding me to do so the next time I left my room. How nice is that? Super honest people. Don't forget to tip the staff and maids. There are a lot of people working hard behind the scenes trying their best to make your vacation a great one. Cheers, Matthew B.

Room Tip: Take the local bus to town. It's only $1 each way.
Cypress, Orange County, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

In September/October 2012 my wife and I had the privilege to be lodged in this magnificent resort. I don't remember to have stayed in a better facility. Modern building with all ocean view suites with everything so well designed and functional, dreamy bedding, a jacuzzi in the bedroom that my wife enjoy so much, a kitchen with everything you can think of, a terrific ocean view, a balcony with a hammock and a patio set, a very well-furnished gym, a very good outdoor restaurant and a warmed water couple of pools, one with an inside bar. Everything, absolutely, was flawless. Sirena del Mar is located at about 10 minutes of Cabo. Of course it's worth visiting and strolling around the Marina with a great mall and lively night life, which I consider a must see, but actually you don't need to leave the facilities to have a great time. Restaurants like La Puerta Vieja, which is at a 2 minute cab drive, has a gorgeous setting, outstanding food and a superb wine cellar. There is also another restaurant own by the Puerta Vieja owner at the beginning of the road that leads you to the resort that has a great lobster dinner for $19,95; outstanding value.
But without underestimating the beauty and the efficiency of the resort facilities, I'd like to point out what I consider the best of the best; its bilingual, friendliest, nicest, accommodating staff you can imagine. These guys go out of their way to make you happy, to satisfy your needs, to help you if any trouble arises with a smile. I went through an incident with the car rental company and they diligently and promptly help me fight back. I won, but only due to their cooperation. In Mexico, the bodyguards are named "guaruras", and that's exactly the way you feel with the service and help you get rom these guys. I didn't just feel pampered, I felt protected. Probably you gentlemen Edgar, Mario, Antonio, Abraham and other members whose names unfortunately I can't recall, remember that couple from California with an Argentine-born gray hair dud and a good-looking chic from Jalisco. But if you don't remember us, I do remember all of you and we always will. Thank you for your kindness and your remarkable job. We shall return.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
beds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I chose this hotel based on previous trip advisor reviews and I was not disappointed. In fact My 8 night stay exceeded expectations.
As a regular business travel I was looking for something more personal whilst delivering quality and location, I received this and more.
The location is stunning with excellent views of the ocean and the incredible sight of whales on an hourly basis (take binoculars). It,s a reasonable walk into Cabo so recommend a car which works out cheaper than taxi's.
The staff are excellent, Mario and the rest of the team were attentive and gave a really personal service.
We had the basic room in the new block which was superb and more than enough for two people. When we return we will go for the better room due to balcony size not room size.
Facilities were all great with a good fitness room open 24hrs, great pools and no shortage of sun loungers.
Food was good and of reasonable value.
Beach is accessed via a spiral stairway and does not have facilities however for those who have criticised this in previous reviews I would point out that this is a shared beach and not owned by the hotel. It's really pretty and a great place to spend a few hours - just take your food and drinks.
I highly recommend this hotel, no real negatives based on value and a whole load of benefits which will make you want to return.

seattle, wa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Honestly, when I read the great reviews here again (as I did many times before booking), there isn't much to add. We had a fantastic 4-night stay here last week with our two teenagers and I only have two regrets: one, that we should have stayed longer, and two, that we had booked the larger one-bedroom suite, or maybe even the 2-bedroom penthouse (none were available at time of booking). The next time we come, I will make sure to rectify both of those! The deluxe one-bedroom is fine, just a little crowded with four of us, and we would have preferred to have the living room area open to the balcony, rather than the bedroom.

As stated, the views are just stunning from every resort location - rooms, pools, restaurant, hot tub, fire pit - and we enjoyed all of these. My husband snorkled at the private beach (the water was a little too cold for me and the kids!), we used the fitness center which was excellent, and enjoyed some of the resort activities (Friday Fiesta was fun, water aerobics in the pool, ping pong).

We drove to Cerritos beach - about 45 minutes drive up the Pacific Ocean side - for a nice sandy beach and to watch the surfers. We also drove to Chileno Bay, which is just a short drive from the hotel, on the way to San Jose, and enjoyed that beautiful beach, too. The hotel has beach chairs and umbrellas to borrow (free!), so it makes it very easy to go out and explore other places. We went into Cabo two nights for dinner and people watching, which the kids loved.

As everyone else has mentioned, the staff was truly TOP NOTCH - we loved the friendliness and helpfulness of the bell staff (especially Gabriel and Francisco) and all of the servers/bartenders were great. Manny really does make an effort to meet and remember everyone there - he added a lot of fun to our stay. Also, there was no pressure to attend the timeshare presentation after the initial invitation, which we really appreciated.

Although the resort was sold out for the long weekend we were there, it never felt crowded at the pool, restaurant, bar - always plenty of loungers, all in prime locations. We had a few meals at the restaurant and the food was very good (great fish and carne asada tacos).

Probably the highlight of the trip was the amazing views of the whales - most mornings they put on an incredible show right in front of the hotel.

We loved this place and will surely return, hopefully SOON!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar? Share your experiences!