We arrived in january after a week at the Hacienda Encantada. Driving to the resort you need to get on the service road. The entrance is opposite the Home Depo shopping center. There is a Hotel sign but you can pass it quickly. This resort is on the Ocean side of the corridor highway about 3 miles outside of Cabo.We enjoyed the Hacienda but we Loved the Sirena Del Mar. This resort just fit us so nicely.
We stayed in a small suite. Plenty big for the two of us. It had an entry to the small nice living room with a tv and dining room table. The snazzy kitchen and lovely counter with stove top and full size fridge and microwave with complete pots pans toaster and all the utensils and dishes you could want. Everything is new and in excellent condition. The bathroom was on the left and had a full size hair dryer (My wife was impressed) Everything seemed new in this resort. The best part was the bedroom. The units all have a great water view with nice balconies. The Glass door was a 3 piece that opened a full 8 feet. Amazing !!! I had never seen one like it. The bed was very comfortable...But that view..WoW !!
The resort is on a point so you have this fantastic view of the Ocean and the Lands end Arch. The palms and tropical plants really give this resort a wonderful exotic feel. They have two infinity pools of different depths and heated to diferent temps. The loungers are on diferent levels, its a great terraced setup. They have a telescope to watch the boats, whales and porpose leap and you see plenty of them during Dec,Jan, Feb, March and perhaps April when the whales are still migrating.
They have a firepit on a lower level above the Large hot tub pool. About 8 chairs around it. Nice place to chat with other guests.
They have a nice gym with plent of equipment. It was empty during our stay. There is even a swimmable beach at the base of the resort where it is shallow and safe for kids to swim . It is a good place to snorkle too. You can see fish on the side where the rocks are if you stand still. There are a couple of palapas for shade on this small crescent beach. The stairs to get down there are an adventure. Its a winding staircase about 100 steps and you are dizzy by the time you get down there. So its not for the handicapped. But it is an option.
I love it that you dont need a towel card here. The waiters are active and quick to get you a drink. The restaurant and pool area is very quiet. It was (95% full and the place seemed empty.) Great if you dont like crowds. Manny iwas the activity guy and did his best to get people involved in all sorts of games and activities.
We do love this resort and would come back in a minute. Its upscale the waiters and front end people are friendly. Franscisco is at the front as you drive up, He has such a nice personality with great service and wondeful greetings as we drove up. Always a smile. He valet parked our rental car Free every day. This is a small but Perfect resort. We will come back. We have stayed at a lot of resorts here in Cabo. This is the BEST!!!
- Also Known As:
- Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar Hotel
- Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxurious secluded 7-acre resort is perched on the cliffs of Cabo San Lucas corridor peninsula, with amazing views of El Arco. Every villa is ocean front. Whale watching Dec 15 - March 15. Sunbathing and swimming at private protected cove beach (no vendors permitted). Resort is ten minute drive to heart of Cabo San Lucas shopping and night life. Guest amenities: two infinity-edge pools and spa, swim-up bar, al fresca body massages, al fresca Las Palapas restaurant and bar, ocean view fitness center, multiple planned activities for all age groups, game room, fire pit and mini-market. 2011 Tripadvisor #2 Romantic hotel/resort in Los Cabos and 2012 Tripadvisor #1 2012 Cabo San Lucas hotel and resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.