We are Starwood members...use to two kind of rooms...1 bedroom and efficiency.
We booked our 1 bedroom through Interval at the Welks.
When we got there we found that we had a 1 bedroom...but was really an efficiency with a door at the 1? bedroom.Small bathroom...small LD/DR...gally kitchen.
When I asked at the desk they said they have 2 different 1 bedrooms...a 1 bedroom delux? and a 1 bedroom premire.
If you expect a true 1 bedroom ask Interval.I have not called Interval yet to see if they even know this.
We are an middle age couple and really didn't mind but my wife was upset that we had sent my daughter there for her honeymoon and they got the smaller room.We wanted it to be special for her and no one ever told me(at Interval) that there was a difference(both times I booked).
Had we exchanged from a "cheap " resort...maybe it would have been OK...but Starwood?
In any case...now for my 5 Star Rating.
The place is beautiful! VERY clean...staff is fantastic...treated us as special guest.
I have read other reviews and we felt the same way about the pools and deck areas.They kept telling us the place was full...were was everyone?
I estimated that if there were 2 people in every room there would be a total of about 150 people.Toco Tuesday(which was GREAT) I counted 75 people at the height.Every other time around the pool...maybe 25-30...maybe? We loved this...sit anywhere you wanted.
View from balcony is FANTASTIC! You see the arch and sea...whales everywhere(although we never saw one breach...really spent time watching).
We love(and use) the kitchen/BBQ for breakfast and sometimes lunch or dinner.We like having the washer dryer(every year I bring less cloths and still end up wearing the same things).
We had a car and did visit two other beaches up the road...one a Welks is OK but small for walking and because so rocky we felt uncomfortable trying to snorkle there.Santa Maria was great for that.By the way Sirena Del Mar has masks for loan(no charge,no fins though).We found we did not need fins..and the beautiful fish are everywhere.We went down to Sirena beach,stood in 2 foot of water...dropped in some bread and there they were...beautiful fish.
The staff is great...Gabriel/Antonio and Mario at the front desk...Domingo and Francisco outside(got our car and welcome people) and Angel at the bar.I mention them all because they were all so helpful and friendly.
I would recommend this place to anyone(unless you have children),better for couples.
Happy hour at the pool is not lively...maybe because of lack of people.
We went to relax,get some sun,read books and see the Cabo area.PERFECT location for everything(15 min.from downtown...$15 cab ride.
Go to Sirena Del Mar and enjoy the wonderful place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxurious secluded 7-acre resort is perched on the cliffs of Cabo San Lucas corridor peninsula, with amazing views of El Arco. Every villa is ocean front. Whale watching Dec 15 - March 15. Sunbathing and swimming at private protected cove beach (no vendors permitted). Resort is ten minute drive to heart of Cabo San Lucas shopping and night life. Guest amenities: two infinity-edge pools and spa, swim-up bar, al fresca body massages, al fresca Las Palapas restaurant and bar, ocean view fitness center, multiple planned activities for all age groups, game room, fire pit and mini-market. 2011 Tripadvisor #2 Romantic hotel/resort in Los Cabos and 2012 Tripadvisor #1 2012 Cabo San Lucas hotel and resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos