We stayed here for our anniversary and very much enjoyed this resort. We were given a room in the new section and it was spectacular: modern, spotlessly clean, and well appointed… all with an adjacent small private beach (beach shoes recommended since the sand is coarse and there is a picturesque area of rocks to explore). Our room had a balcony and we left the sliding glass doors open so we could hear the ocean waves all night long. The pool area, grounds, and ocean view were wonderful – plus, it was a nice surprise to see whales in the distance. The staff here are very professional with everything from the service we received to restaurant recommendations and excursion advice (we rented a car and did a lot of exploration on our own). Antonio, the front desk person who greeted us, was just great and made us feel warmly welcomed.
If you want to completely relax with family or someone special (or even a good book) this is the place to go.
A few tips:
We are healthy eaters and enjoy cooking so the well equipped kitchen was great for leisurely preparing and enjoying a few small meals “at home” (Costco and WalMart are good for purchasing veggies, fruit, tortillas, and roasted chicken). Healthy food is not easy to find in Cabo but we did very much enjoy The Healthy Restaurant (see our review).
If you plan on renting a car, be forewarned that the low advertised internet price is not always what you end up having to pay, and the car you receive might be ‘well traveled’. Try to confirm a final daily rate beforehand with all mandatory insurance included otherwise your rate could increase significantly once there.
If you are able to visit the town of Los Cabos, do so. It is a very walkable town with neat stores, a good grocery store, an elaborately adorned cemetery, restaurants, resorts, beaches, and other sites.
Bypass the folks at the airport who are trying to aggressively sell timeshares (unless, of course, you are interested in buying into one). Some will even go so far as to say that they are there from your hotel or car rental place to pick you up (or simply help you out) just to get your information or persuade you into a timeshare presentation. We politely declined and kept on about our business.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxurious secluded 7-acre resort is perched on the cliffs of Cabo San Lucas corridor peninsula, with amazing views of El Arco. Every villa is ocean front. Whale watching Dec 15 - March 15. Sunbathing and swimming at private protected cove beach (no vendors permitted). Resort is ten minute drive to heart of Cabo San Lucas shopping and night life. Guest amenities: two infinity-edge pools and spa, swim-up bar, al fresca body massages, al fresca Las Palapas restaurant and bar, ocean view fitness center, multiple planned activities for all age groups, game room, fire pit and mini-market. 2011 Tripadvisor #2 Romantic hotel/resort in Los Cabos and 2012 Tripadvisor #1 2012 Cabo San Lucas hotel and resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos