“Wonderful Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar

Save Saved
You added Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar to your Saves list
Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Carretera Transpeninsular Km 4.5 Cabo Bello, Cabo San Lucas 23410, Mexico   |
Offers & Announcements
50% off villas rate
Ranked #5 of 66 hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Milford, MI
“Wonderful Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We stayed here for our anniversary and very much enjoyed this resort. We were given a room in the new section and it was spectacular: modern, spotlessly clean, and well appointed… all with an adjacent small private beach (beach shoes recommended since the sand is coarse and there is a picturesque area of rocks to explore). Our room had a balcony and we left the sliding glass doors open so we could hear the ocean waves all night long. The pool area, grounds, and ocean view were wonderful – plus, it was a nice surprise to see whales in the distance. The staff here are very professional with everything from the service we received to restaurant recommendations and excursion advice (we rented a car and did a lot of exploration on our own). Antonio, the front desk person who greeted us, was just great and made us feel warmly welcomed.

If you want to completely relax with family or someone special (or even a good book) this is the place to go.

A few tips:
We are healthy eaters and enjoy cooking so the well equipped kitchen was great for leisurely preparing and enjoying a few small meals “at home” (Costco and WalMart are good for purchasing veggies, fruit, tortillas, and roasted chicken). Healthy food is not easy to find in Cabo but we did very much enjoy The Healthy Restaurant (see our review).

If you plan on renting a car, be forewarned that the low advertised internet price is not always what you end up having to pay, and the car you receive might be ‘well traveled’. Try to confirm a final daily rate beforehand with all mandatory insurance included otherwise your rate could increase significantly once there.

If you are able to visit the town of Los Cabos, do so. It is a very walkable town with neat stores, a good grocery store, an elaborately adorned cemetery, restaurants, resorts, beaches, and other sites.

Bypass the folks at the airport who are trying to aggressively sell timeshares (unless, of course, you are interested in buying into one). Some will even go so far as to say that they are there from your hotel or car rental place to pick you up (or simply help you out) just to get your information or persuade you into a timeshare presentation. We politely declined and kept on about our business.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

877 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Upon arrival was greeted by bell staff which always had a great smile. Check in was smooth and fairly quick. Got to room and was more than expected. Ocean view was spectacular and immediately spotted whales surfacing. Plenty of drawer space for clothes and good size closet with digital safe. 2 pool side barbecues for guest use was fantastic. In room washer and dryer (which description is not real clear) we would have packed less knowing it was that available with detergent provided. Tv has plenty of Chanel's and the wifi works great.
Over all excellent condo!
We called staff a couple times for paper towels and ice and they were very quick and polite.
Beach access could be better marked but an awesome semi private well protected beach.
Bad things sofa sleeper a little uncomfortable.

Room Tip: Every room has ocean view can not go wrong pick what type works and you will enjoy this great proper...
Dallas, tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

This was our 3rd trip to Cabo but our first to the Welk Resort which we exchanged through Interval.

Check in was easy and we arrived right at 4 pm which is check in time. Our room was ready and check in was simple. They did send us to the concierge desk where they inquired if we wanted to do a time share presentation, which we declined. Unlike other places who called everyday to see if we wanted a presentation, this was the only time they asked us-so that was very nice.

We were put on the 2nd floor of building A (the older building). There are 2 buildings and 4 floors on each. The new building-B- has a view of the pool, the arch and the ocean. Building A has a view of the ocean and the beach. I actually prefer the older A building as it is away from the main pool area so it probably it a little quieter / secluded (not that it gets loud here). It seems like every room is going to have a fantastic view.

We upgraded to a premier room which had a full kitchen, dining and living area and separate bedroom. The room was comfortable for 2 people, but I could see if being crowded with anymore that 2 people. The full kitchen was very nice as it included a full size fridge, oven, toaster, coffee maker, dishwasher and all the utensils and glasses/dishes (along with a washer/dryer in another room). Coffee is supplied for one night and there is limited detergent for the dishwasher and w/d. We visited Mega Mart on the way in (had our car service stop there on way in from airport) and bought enough food / drink for breakfast and lunch to make in the room. There plenty of storage space in the kitchen and fridge. Please note maid service is only provided one time during the week. In both the living room and bedroom are flat screen TV’s. The patio has a seating area with a hammock. The shower which is rather large has 3 heads, one on each side and a rain faucet. There is Jacuzzi tub in the bedroom as well. The rooms were nicely done and the living area is very comfortable. There are also 2 nice grills for guests to use out by the pool and there is plenty of counter space there to do the cooking.

The food at the hotel is better than other places we have stayed at in Cabo. The Taco Tuesday lunch was nice for $2 a taco. Loved the pork and steak tacos for lunch. We had lunch the last day there and the steak sandwich was excellent. One day at the pool we ordered calamari and it was surprisingly good for bar food. The first night we got to the resort we had the grill special by the pool of which I had steak and potatoes which were just okay, but my wife had grilled sea bass and although rather simple tasted nice. We also did the Mexican fiesta which was $35 a person on Friday nights which included all you can eat buffet and all you can drink from 6-9. It also included a Mexican show. I wasn’t too impressed with this evening as the food was luke warm and the show was pretty lame. All in all food is okay, but we like going into town for dinner ($15-17 cab ride one way).

The bartenders there are great and friendly. Shout out to Carlos and Jorge! From 2-3 pm at the pool bar and then from 5-6pm at the main bar there is 2x1 drink specials. We definitely took advantage of this. We also bought alcohol/beer/wine at Mega Mart and had no issues taking our own drinks to the pool area. In fact the first night we were there we took our own wine to dinner to save a few dollars.

The do have a decent gym with 3 treadmills, a couple of elliptical machines, a bike, weight machines, and free weights. My only complaint here was it seemed crowded and there wasn’t enough room to do your own workout routines.

Also out by the pool area there is a ping pong table, pool table, fire pit, sizeable hot tub and foosball table.

The beach next to the resort is down the stairs. It’s pretty secluded so it’s never crowded. We spent a half day down there. It was a nice way to do something different.

This resort is not big, but they did tell us they were at 95% capacity, but it never felt like it was crowded at the pool. So a big plus is you were never having to fight for pool chair space. By far the best thing about this place is the views from the pool. What a relaxing and peaceful setting. This area by itself makes it worth the stay here. The pictures on line do not lie-it is that beautiful. We were pretty lucky because at least 2-3x a day we got to see whales breaching out in front of the resort.

I would certainly stay here again. Most everyone here was couples although there were a few families. I would think teenagers might get bored as there weren’t many daytime activities around the pool-which was fine for us-we were there to relax and do nothing.

California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Very friendly, helpful, attentive staff. I wish I could remember everyones name but I'm not great with that. I remember Antonia. He was great. Most staff speak excellent English so it helps with travelers that have limited Spanish skills.

Beautiful resort with gordeous ocean view for every villa. My daughter and I stayed for 4 nights. The minute we walked in she asked me if we could come back next year. I will post some pictures but really, pictures don't do it justice. We got the small 1 bedroom villa. They also have a larger 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom and Penthouse suites. Nice to go to sleep with the sound real (not recorded) crashing waves. The kitchen amenities are nice. We ate out most of the time but next time will take advantage of the Sam's and Walmart nearby. They have 2 pools, swim up pool bar and a jacuzzi. Private beach is available via a winding staircase. The concierge can provide (free) a chair, towel and snorkeling gear for guests that want to snorkel at the private beach, however it is very rocky and it would probably be easier to go to Medano Beach or one of the others for snorkeling. You can relax on the beach under the straw umbrellas but make sure you bring snacks/drinks as its a long walk back to the restaurant. It was whale watching season so if you keep your eye on the ocean you'd be likely to see some spouting up out of the water (November - March I think).

Location is about 15minutes (by taxi) from the Marina area, mall, movie theatre, restaurants, etc.
The resort has activites many days/nights so you really don't have to go to town unless you really want to. Some activies cost money (Mexican fiesta, Ceviche cooking class, All you can eat/drink pool BBQ, Spa, Taco Tuesday, Tequila tasting) and some don't cost (Spanish class, Salsa dancing class, snorkeling, water aerobics, ping pong and foosball tables, smash ball, and for kids: arts and crafts, t-shirt design).

The restaurant food was good, not great but good. Overpriced for the quality but the staff was very nice and accomodating. My daughter doesn't like breakfast but when they weren't busy, they offered to cook her something from the lunch menu, which was very nice. The staff goes out of their way to provide service with a smile.

They have a few movies that you can rent and watch in your room. I hope they get a larger selection because there wasn't much on TV. The resort is still fairly new and there are plans to expand.

Overall, beautiful resort. My daughter and I can't wait to come back.

Room Tip: higher floors over the pool have better view of El Arco. Large 1 bedroom and small 1 bedroom can be...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I just got back from a nice little getaway four nights at this property. The first thing that I would do different from what I did was arrange transportation from the airport. Renting a car is a breeze there and cheap too. So I would do that and skip the people at the airport who will try to get you to go visit time shares. Avoid that at all cost in my opinion.

Having a car at this property is really pretty great. They don't charge for parking. They valet quickly and usually you just find your car in the circle ready to go with nobody even hanging around waiting for a tip! It's quick drives to the airport and to cabo to go out to other restaurants etc.

Weather was so amazing the entire time. Could not be better.

All the rooms are nice and new and face the ocean. I doubt you will go wrong in that.

I told my girlfriend I would remember to mention that Carlos makes the best mojitos, her favorite drink. If there is any negative, I would say that lounging around the very pretty pools would be even better if there were more people offering drinks. It seems like usually you have to get up and do it yourself.

Food was pretty awesome but there is only one restaurant on property so after a couple of times you will be looking for something new. I prefer that, to get out off property and find new things.
We did go to the hacienda for dinner one night in cabo san lucas and that place deserves it's number one rating.

Other things, we kayaked from cabo to lands end/lover's beach and that was alot of fun. Fortunately, my girlfriend is a trooper. If you are with someone who is not athletic or gets intimidated by other large boats in your comfort zone, I might reconsider this.

We went on the Razor ATV experience with Xtreme adventures Los Cabos and that was AWESOME! They let you drive those things hard and the other outfits we came across were driving (relatively) late off road vehicles.

We also did the Cabo adventures zipline/rapellling/rock climbing and that was fun but pretty far away, over an hour to get there!

Walnut, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Just returned this week from the Sirena Del Mar resort. This was the 4th time I've been to Cabo. After looking at the reviews my wife and I decided to try something new and picked to stay at the Sirena Del Mar Resort. Upon arrival I was greeted by the friendly staff and offered drinks. My bellboy Francisco and conseriege Antonio were excellent, very friendly and always helpful. Our Premier Ocean Front Villa was nice, it has it's own kitchen, living room and king size bed with a beautiful view of the ocean. The pools are nice, service was terrible at the pool, I had to constantly ask the bartender working at the pool bar for more drinks, even though my wife and I were the only ones at the pool. The food at the Palapas restaurant was bland and okay at best not worth the price at all. Room service closes at 9pm which was a real bummer because my wife and I usually like to watch a movie and eat late night. Make sure you buy some groceries to make a late night snack because the resort kitchen closes early. One day during our stay I was awaken to banging, the resort had some type of construction happening and we couldn't relax on our balcony because they were putting some type of laquer/paint that was really strong on the pool patio. One night my wife and I were relaxing in the hammock on our balcony (around 8pm) when we received a call from the front desk asking us to please turn off our balcony light because one of our neighbors liked to sleep with their windows open and the light was bothering them...seriously??? This is an okay hotel but it shouldn't have 5 stars and it shouldn't be rated in the same category as Capella Pedregal or Las Ventanas Pariaso resorts. Those are truly 5 star resorts. If anybody decides to stay here keep in mind the resort food is not really good and you are 15-20 minutes from "el centro". You will constantly be paying $30 + Tip round trip to "el centro" to get some good food. I've stayed at Esperanza which is next door to this resort but didn't have to go eat every day at "el centro" because the resort restaurant is excellent! Overall an okay hotel would have gave it 4 stars if not for the construction, poor service at the pool and the restaurant/room service quality of food.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators, if not you will be awaken to banging and crashing from maids...
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

If you are traveling with kids, this is not the place for you. This resort is definitely adult oriented, very quite during the day and romantic. Every suite has a view to the ocean, and the constant sound of the waves is just amazing: enjoy it while resting on one of the hammocks provided on every balcony, or from the spectacular infinity pool. The suites are gorgeous, very tastefully decorated and modern,offering a Jacuzzi in each bedroom and everything for the kitchen. The activities at night are pleasant, nothing out of the ordinary, but the staff is very helpful and courteous. As for location, the resort is not at walking distance from the town center, however, it is located at only 10 minutes cab drive. Another small downside of the resort is the limited food selection, it only has 1 restaurant with a not-so-extensive menu. In any event, Cabo San Lucas is so full of great restaurants that it would be a shame to stay in the resort to eat.
Overall, this resort is awesome, you can't go wrong if you want a relaxing vacation in paradise and be treated like a king.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar? Share your experiences!