Just returned from a week at Sirena Del Mar and could not hve enjoyed it more. Beautiful! Every room with an ocean view & lovely patio space with chairs, table & sofa; rooms are very well-appointed, the A units (large one-bedroom) have a FULL kitchen with granite countertops, stainless appliances, fully equipped pots & pans, margarita & wine glasses, etc. (I would bring a decent knife next time, that can often be a missing item in these kitchens) Bathroom & shower - very nice. Bed - very comfy. View- not to be beat. Probably the only less desirable rooms would be those closer to or overlooking the pool closely. Pools - two, both "infinity" type, hot tub/spa - really nice, gorgeous, swim-up bar, GYM - has everything you'd want.
The beach that is just below the hotel - down a very impressive (100 steps!) spiral staircase - you CAN swim there, though it is slightly rocky. Hotel has beach chairs with built-in coolers in them, snorkel equipmt to borrow (no fins though) and we were told that that very beach has some of the best snorkeling in the area. The day we tried to snorkel there was poor visibility because of the previous day's storm. Almost no one at the beach...
The STAFF were wonderful! Fully fluent in English, very willing to help with everything - And I must mention Francisco! The (head) bellman - a great guy, friendly & helpful. Also the concierge ladies - both Cynthia and Fedra - were really nice & helpful. Cynthia even called us the day before we were leaving home to check in & offer any help needed etc.
We loved Cabo! Had never been there. This was a time-share exchange through Interval Internat'l. The people are so friendly, and most are fluent in English. All the spanish you have comes in very handy, though. Someone's advice to make your own deal with the people in town for charters, sunset cruises, etc - good tip - we did that & saved some $ from the ones the hotel rec'd - although they do know some very good fishing charter boat captains. The time share folks are on every corner and it is rather obnoxious so be prepared for a lot of no gracias - the hotel folks do NOT push it too much at all, though, but if you want you can go to their presentation & get deals, discounts etc. That is not for us.
I would recommend renting a car!!! It is a great idea, we could not have done without it - yes we shopped at Walmart, too, and did a lot of our own cooking. But it's handy to go in & out of town, try the other areas, etc. (we played golf twice - once at Cabo Real, and once at Campestre - both were great)
Sirena del Mar is a few miles outside of town - maybe 4 or 5 ? - and taking buses & taxis would be a pain. It is great that Sirena Del Mar is a little ways outside of town - much quieter - not a ton of partying & loud obnoxious tourists. We were not there for the night life. This is a mid-sized place - about 80 rooms, I think. It is fabulous! Could not be lovelier.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxurious secluded 7-acre resort is perched on the cliffs of Cabo San Lucas corridor peninsula, with amazing views of El Arco. Every villa is ocean front. Whale watching Dec 15 - March 15. Sunbathing and swimming at private protected cove beach (no vendors permitted). Resort is ten minute drive to heart of Cabo San Lucas shopping and night life. Guest amenities: two infinity-edge pools and spa, swim-up bar, al fresca body massages, al fresca Las Palapas restaurant and bar, ocean view fitness center, multiple planned activities for all age groups, game room, fire pit and mini-market. 2011 Tripadvisor #2 Romantic hotel/resort in Los Cabos and 2012 Tripadvisor #1 2012 Cabo San Lucas hotel and resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos