My wife and I stayed here for a recent vacation, and we really enjoyed our trip. This resort is primarily a time share, but we booked it as a hotel using an online website (1 bedroom upgraded room). As a usual timeshare, the room we had was a suite with a kitchen, living room, and dining table. This worked out really well--we stopped at Walmart our first day to pick up food and drinks, and we made our own breakfast/snacks each day at the resort. The shower is made for 2 people with 2 spouts and a rain shower head above--a really cool experience. The balcony for our room was also very nice--it had a second dining table, a fan, and a hammock that overlooked the resort's private beach. Other notes about the room: the bed was on the firmer side, the AC works well, and the TVs have some common English channels.
The resort has 2 infinity pools (1 large, 1 small) and a large hot tub. There is a little bit of competition for chairs at the pool, but not too bad. The pool area has a nice view of Land's End, which makes for a great view. We also saw a couple of whales out in the distance, which was pretty cool. There is a swim up bar, which is convenient. However, because this is primarily a time share, you can easily bring drinks from your room instead of using the bar if you choose.
The beach was a short walk below the hotel, and it comes with umbrellas already set out for use. You can rent chairs, etc from the front desk if you choose. The beach is a little rocky--I'd recommend bringing some shows down there. Most of the beach is not swimmable due to coral RIGHT up to the beach, but there is one area for swimming if you choose. There's quite a few fish in that area, so you'll see some interesting stuff only 5-10 feet into the water. We ended up using the beach one day, and the pool for the rest.
There is also a fitness center, which has a full weight set, cardio equipment, and machines. Basically everything you need.
The hotel has activities basically every day for those interested. If you choose to do the bartending class, make sure you SHARE it with someone else--trust me on that. Prime Rib night was tasty, and the Mexican Fiesta was pretty fun.
The staff is very kind and friendly--from the front desk through Manny, the activities manager.
We would definitely come back here if we choose to come back to Cabo. Give this place a shot--you won't regret it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxurious secluded 7-acre resort is perched on the cliffs of Cabo San Lucas corridor peninsula, with amazing views of El Arco. Every villa is ocean front. Whale watching Dec 15 - March 15. Sunbathing and swimming at private protected cove beach (no vendors permitted). Resort is ten minute drive to heart of Cabo San Lucas shopping and night life. Guest amenities: two infinity-edge pools and spa, swim-up bar, al fresca body massages, al fresca Las Palapas restaurant and bar, ocean view fitness center, multiple planned activities for all age groups, game room, fire pit and mini-market. 2011 Tripadvisor #2 Romantic hotel/resort in Los Cabos and 2012 Tripadvisor #1 2012 Cabo San Lucas hotel and resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Priceline, Travelocity, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos