“Great experience” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar to your Saves list
Expedia.com Orbitz.com
Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Carretera Transpeninsular Km 4.5 Cabo Bello, Cabo San Lucas 23410, Mexico   |
Ranked #5 of 66 hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Los Angeles, California
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We had a beautiful one bedroom ocean front view. The staff was outstanding. The property is well cared for and the room was spotless. The property is big enough to enjoy some privacy but large enought to have fun.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

842 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
New Westminster, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Did a timeshare exchange and very fortunately was booked into Sirena Del Mar. All the staff are very welcoming and friendly. When I was checking in, I asked if it was possible to be upgrade to a 2 BR, instead of having (2) 1BR units. Now the WOW factor! Upgrade to 2BR penthouse, complete with a jacuzzi on the patio! I was travelling with my Diva freinds who were quite impressed. WE had a magnificant view of Land's end and the arches. There was a private beach we visited daily. We affectionately called the climb back up "the stairmaster". We also enjoyed the infinity pools, swim up bar and hot tub daily too! WE used the owner's lounge to wacth movies in the evening, dressed in our jammies. What could be better than that? We did aquasize, met wonderful other guests, flirted with the very cute servers...not bad fo somewhat senior Divas. All the staff were amazing. Ther job was to cater to our every whim. Well done I must say. Fiesta night a blast with live band and dancing. This resort is my all time favourite. We go again in 2013 with my husband. Then the romance begins...

Room Tip: All rooms face the Sa of Cortez. Fall asleep to rolling waves.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Sirena Del Mar is a unique vacationing experience which is kind of tough to put into words. It’s a small boutique ownership resort with about 60 rooms and the property is laid out so you can have your own privacy. If you want a quiet place to relax, this is the place for you. As other’s have written, you definitely want to get a villa with a room number ending in “A”. These rooms are very spacious with a full kitchen. Although we stayed in the older rooms on the property we did tour the newer ones on the west end. It appears they reserve these for the owners. The staff is awesome! It’s a nice touch in that they remember your name and they go out of their way to help you. It is a timeshare property but they don’t do the typical pressure sales tactics at check in which was nice. If you are going to stay for a week and like to venture out, I would recommend getting a car. It’s $10 to take a cab to Walmart and $15 to Cabo San Lucas one way so it gets expensive in a hurry. Contrary to other reviews regarding Cabo, it’s a pretty safe place to drive. On the property they do serve food which is good. Taco Tuesday ($2 tacos, beef, chicken, pork or fish) by the pool was to die for… very tasty! If you like to snorkel, there is a protective beach which has a lot of marine life. I would highly recommend this resort if you are heading to Cabo. The visiting owners we met really liked this property.

Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

My husband booked a deeply discounted week at the superb Sirena Del Mar to celebrate my big birthday. It was a very memorable week. The sunrises and sunsets from our balcony porch were off the chart spectacular. The staff were very friendly and the quality of food at the on site restaurant was well above average. This resort is located front and center of the gorgeous coastline and has jaw dropping views of El Arco and the lands end area. The infinity pools and super sized jacuzzi were excellent. And the outdoor massage area provided our first ever couple's massage with the ocean waves pounding loudly below. It was an outstanding resort with outstanding services and outstanding physical setting. A resounding YES!

Room Tip: Request to be in the 1st building, which has balcony views of El Arco.
misson hills, ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This was my third year in a row going to Sirena del Mar, and can't wait to go back again in a few months. The staff is largely the same as it was when they opened 3 years ago, which makes going back feel like you're visiting family, not just being on vacation. Upon arrival I was greeted by Domingo, who remembered me by name. Not uncommon here I may add. He took my luggage and proceeded to bring me an ice cold corona and a bottle of water, also common practice. Antonio, another great guy, got me all checked in, and before going to my room Mario, the manager, made an appearance, and greeted me with a warm handshake and asking how I'd been. Like I said, just like visiting family. There is now a "new" wing holding another 18 units. I was given one of these for this trip. The rooms are still great, nicely appointed with a full kitchen, washer and dryer with detergent, and still the most comfortable beds and pillows of any resort or hotel I've ever stayed at. One small issue was that there wasn't a frying pan in with all the pots, which made making my omelettes a bit difficult, lol, but best of all this building is closer to the water. Great relaxation while out on the balcony. The next day I saw Gina and Fedra, who are at the concierge desk. After getting 2 hugs from them, they gave me my 2 free drink coupons, discount card good at many places in town, and gave me a couple of suggestions for new things to do since I was solo this trip. I did take in the bartending class they have, which was fun. Needless to say the resort was rather quiet the rest of that afternoon, lol. A tip, make you've eaten stuff to soak up the alchohol beforehand. They also have a mexican fiesta on Friday evenings with all sorts of great food, and also have a mariachi band and dancers perform a show. Quite fun. Overall, once again it was a fantastic trip at an outstanding property. If you are looking for a place to get away from the business of downtown, but not too far away, a place where customer service is of the utmost quality, a place. One place I'll recommend as a day trip, especially if you surf, is rent a car and head to Cerritos Surf Colony. It's about a 35 minute drive up the Pacific side. Great waves, a very good burger at the restaurant, and although I didn't make up to there, there is a small boutique hotel on the point, advertising a whale watching bar open to the public. It's definitely on my to do list for next trip.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
San Clemente
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We have rated this vacation our #2 favorite place!! The Welk resort was wonderful. The people are awesome. The rooms were perfect. Our view was unbelievable. We were lucky to get into building 3 which is the newest building and closest to the ocean view. Waves crashing at night made us sleep like a baby. Our view was incredible. I felt like we were in the Almafi Coast in Italy.

Only two things that I can say need improvement: the entrance to the hotel is not manicured and could use some lights along the road. The second improvement would be the food. It was pretty average and few times we have to send the food back. The good thing is we all have our own kitchens and were able to make some nice breakfast. There are plenty of restaurants in and out of town that are great!!!
We will definately go back sooner than later. Sheila S

Room Tip: Ask for building #3
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We booked the Welks Resort through orbitz after reading reviews on tripadvisor. The resort lived up to the reviews and definitely exceeded our expectations. It is a small resort, in a good way. We have a tendency to stay at higher end resorts and the Welks felt like a great boutique hotel. Most people visiting seem to be part of a timeshare, but it still feels like a luxury resort with great rooms, a great restaurant and great service. Most notably, the view is truly amazing. The branded hotels closer to town do not have the same view, which is worth it all. The resort also has an attached beach, where you can snorkel or swim. they even have free snorkel gear (no fins) and lounge chairs for the beach. We rented a car, which definitely helped and was easy. Since the resort is setup with full condo-like units, we stocked up on water,soda, beer and snacks at Walmart(5 min. Drive away). Walmart- the bakery items, tamales and fresh tacos were fantastic. (not walmart-like). You are welcome to bring drinks or food down to the pool, but the pool bar is nice with a drink special every day, 2x1 happy hour from2-3pm and a full food menu. The food at the resort is great. We would be considered food snobs, but We were truly surprised and happy with everything we ate at the resort. Everything is fresh and nothing is premade. The Mexican items were great and the fresh calamari was awesome. We even did dinner one night, which was very good. They also provide room service, which we did for breakfast a couple mornings.

The room.
We had a 1 bedroom villa, which was huge with a fully stocked kitchen,,full dining area. large bathroom, large bedroom with whirlpool, large living room and a nice deck overlooking the water. There is everything you need in the kitchen, including all utensils, tupperware and even a coffee maker. The view is one of the best we have seen. The waves crash right in front, so there is no way not to relax. Bonus- full washer/dryer with detergent in every unit.
Housekeeping is only included 1x per week, but you can pay $12 for any additional times.

Car
Get a car. There are taxis waiting at the resort all the time, but unless you are with a group, it can get costly. Downtown Cabo is about 10 minutes away by car. Driving was easy and we got a car from Avis for $12/day. You will still need to pay for the extra Mexican liability insurance of $13/day. It was worth the flexibility. The resort has complimentary valet.

Things to do
We were happy to just stay by the pool or beach each day. Downtown Cabo is a typical Mexican tourist/cruise port. We had booked a sunset cruise online with cabosailing.com, which was fantastic. If going downtown, The other recommendation is to go to LoLo Spa behind Solomon's Landing in the marina and get a great $25 massage. My wife also got a 1 hr pedicure for $15. It is very simple place, but it was worth it. Keep away from downtown when the cruise ships are in.

There is a restaurant up the street from the resort called Villa Serena that we tried on the first night. It has a nice view, but the food was not good at all. We had made a couple reservations at some of the nicer places in town, but we ended up canceling them. We realized that the resort already has the best view in town and has great food too.

Restaurant must!- 2 min from the resort is a small place called Puerta Vieja. The place was amazing. Some of the best Italian food ever and fresh seafood prepared to perfection. It has a great view with seating on the deck, plus live music. We liked it so much that we went back again the next night. I have never done that before, but it was that good.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar? Share your experiences!