My wife and I wanted to celebrate our 10th anniversary in Cabo and decided on Sirena Del Mar based on reviews we read on Tripadvisor. What an incredibly romantic place for a honeymoon or an anniversary. We stayed in the very spacious and lovely 1 bedroom suite. The huge balcony is a great plus for viewing the waves crash into the rocks below. I would suggest getting a room on the upper floors so that you can keep your windows open and listen to the waves throughout the night. The weather was incredible during our stay so we seldom closed our windows. We rented a car for our stay (please read below for tips on renting). Parking and valet service is free of charge (gratuity is not included). Francisco was an excellent and friendly attendant and is more than willing to help with all your needs.
Frida at the concierge's desk was very helpful. I was worried about a strong push on timeshares for the resort but we were only given an option of a free breakfast and a free activity should we attend the 90 minute presentation on the resort. We declined so I cannot say one way or the other on how the presentation is.
Although we took advantage of the full kitchen in our room and restaurants in town, the times we did eat at the hotel we were treated to great food. The fish tacos and guacamole are excellent. I would not pass on the Mexican Fiesta on Friday nights. The food is amazing and the DJ and dance group put on a fabulous show.
The two infinity pools are kept a bit cool but they are bearable once you get into the water. We were told at the end of our stay the thermostat was reading 75 degrees but everyone was cold in the pool. I would suggest you approach management to turn up the heat if it is cool. That is probably my only complaint and it really is minor as the pool was still bearable.
An incredible, romantic, and relatively quiet place to relax and enjoy Cabo. I could not imagine staying at one of the super resorts ever again. The resort is quaint and charming with 5 star service.
A few tips if you stay at the hotel or Cabo:
-Take advantage of the beach and remember that beach chair and snorkel equipment is available at the hotel.
-Driving from the airport and around Cabo is fairly easy. You'll be minutes away from Costco and one of the best Wal-Mart I've ever been in. What we saved in preparing our own food and drinks, shuttle service and taxi's easily paid for the freedom of the rental car.
***Just make sure to take you reservations with to the rental agent. They charge us 5 times what was quoted by expedia. We refused to budge and eventually got our price. Please note if you are using Dollar they will not honor insurance bought from expedia or other booking agents. You can expect to pay an additional $25 per day for insurance and 10% tax on the total. Closely inspect your car and take pictures before you leave the parking lot. They will charge your credit card if there is damage to the car - regardless if you cause the damage or not.
-Go to restaurants based on reviews here not based off of what a local may tell you. Make sure you check with tripadvisor and Fedra at the front desk is also helpful.
-Go to La Hacienda Beach Club for dinner (the best view and the best meal). -Go to Solomon's (at the marina) for an incredible breakfast.
-Go to Maro's is great for reasonably priced seafood with great service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxurious secluded 7-acre resort is perched on the cliffs of Cabo San Lucas corridor peninsula, with amazing views of El Arco. Every villa is ocean front. Whale watching Dec 15 - March 15. Sunbathing and swimming at private protected cove beach (no vendors permitted). Resort is ten minute drive to heart of Cabo San Lucas shopping and night life. Guest amenities: two infinity-edge pools and spa, swim-up bar, al fresca body massages, al fresca Las Palapas restaurant and bar, ocean view fitness center, multiple planned activities for all age groups, game room, fire pit and mini-market. 2011 Tripadvisor #2 Romantic hotel/resort in Los Cabos and 2012 Tripadvisor #1 2012 Cabo San Lucas hotel and resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos