“Ole Ole... My least favorite part of my Cabo vacation.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Ole Ole Tapas Restaurant & Bar

Ole Ole Tapas Restaurant & Bar
Plaza Bonita at the Marina | Marina Restaurant Row, Cabo San Lucas 23450, Mexico
624) 143-0633
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #165 of 378 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Cuisines: Mexican, Steakhouse, Seafood, Sushi, Tapas, Pasta
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
San Diego, California
“Ole Ole... My least favorite part of my Cabo vacation.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

This is a place you can skip. My boyfriend and I came here to grab some lunch, we ended up sitting in the heat for about 20 minutes until the server acknowledged us. After he took our order we waited another 20-30 minutes for our food. I guess felt bad so he sent over some stale bread and a room temperature corona, (thank you?) Our food finally arrived and was pretty inedible. My boyfriend got a quesadilla, perhaps I should call it a "greaseadilla" because that's all it was. I ordered steak kabobs, but what arrived was more like shoe leather. I told our waiter, (very politely might I add,) that I could not eat my food, and he suddenly stopped understanding english. We were starving so we sort of picked at the greaseadilla and left. Post meal, we both got sick, thank you greaseadilla.

Also, our friendly waiter charged us for my untouched kabobs and the warm corona he sent over.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

San Diego, California
“Great restaurant on the marina”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Ole Ole Tapas is a good Spanish restaurant located on the marina. They serve very good tapas at a reasonable price. Wine list is rather short but quality of wine is fine. I have been to this restaurant three times. The service is good and it is a good location to people watch. Next time I return to Cabo I will definitely return to this restaurant. Provecho!

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lincoln, NE
“Great people watching, decent food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I were strolling by when the host sold us on trying the restaurant. We had a great table with a great view of the boats and all the people. We were given 2 free drinks and paid $60 total for lobster, filet mignon, shrimp, white fish, potato, vegetables, and salads. The food was above average, not incredible but given the price and quantity it was well worth it. I'd go back for sure.

Sunnyvale, California
“Nice location, but VERY average.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

The location is nice, and place seems lively - but everything is very average. You can do better in Cabo!

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Lexington, VA
“Avoid”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

Ole Ole promises discounts, cheap drinks, and even free beer, but none of this will justify the incredibly steep prices for mediocre meals. For the price of a meal at Ole Ole, you could get two meals at Arts and Sushi (next door) or one incredible meal at Bar Esquina. The food isn't terrible, but it sure isn't worth the price.

Steer clear.