“Decent, not great.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Cabo Inn Hotel

You added Cabo Inn Hotel to your Saves list
Cabo Inn Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   20 de Noviembre | entre L. Vicario y N. Mendoza, Cabo San Lucas 23410, Mexico   |
Ranked #27 of 66 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
California
“Decent, not great.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I just wanted to share my own personal experience and opinions here so people know what to expect.

The good

- delightfully decorated common area
- common area has full kitchen for guests to use
- shower (at least in our room) GREAT!
- owners helpful
- Beds nice
- After we checked out, we were allowed to remain in the common area to eat and wait for our taxi to the airport.
- Rooms clean

The not-good (imho)

- Background music in the "library" area (I could not read)
- Wifi a bit spotty (not a big deal)
- Pillows very flat
- My request for a quiet room: I had specifically asked about a quiet room, even obtained the "quietest" room # in advance via email and requested that very room. When we arrived, that room had been rented, they put us in a room facing the street which was VERY VERY loud, even my heavy-sleeping husband was awakened. I felt lousy all the next day, from not sleeping. They moved us to another room the next night, unfortunately it was next to where we could hear a newborn baby screaming all evening long, both evenings. Maybe most people don't spend the evenings in their room but we did, and it was hard to drown out the screaming, even with the a/c on.
- Our rental car was parked right outside the hotel in its designated area for one night and was vandalized. There are several (I'm assuming) neighborhood teenagers who hang around outside in the evenings, they can get loud. Not the hotel's fault, but the location. We can only assume one of them was responsible for placing a magic marker line across one side of our car (and a neighbor lady's truck as well). Of course we do not know who did it, that's just our guess. Anyway, the rental car company has not charged us for this but it was upsetting. We didn't call the police or anything, and the staff assured me that this was not a common occurrence. I did feel compelled to write about it.

I really wavered between 3 and 4 stars, it was difficult to decide. But with the problems we had, I had to go with 3.

Room Tip: There was even street noise in the "quiet" room. Ask for rooms NOT facing the street for...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Moab, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Great little find. Cute place, great common area, clean rooms. Was traveling alone and met good people to hangout with. Rooms are tidy and basic. This pushes you out into common space. Close to everything. Don't expect a resort experience for "Mexico" prices. Expect a cool hostel atmosphere with a private room and bath. Kitchen are that you can cook in is great. I would stay here again in a second.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Ada, Mi.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I stayed for one night late in Jan 2013. Great location and great price. Very laid back, best for budget traveler solo or couple.

The gate key is attached to the door key ring, not sure how one would lose just one of two keys...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
General Escobedo, Nuevo Leon, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I liked it very much, but some rooms do not have TV. In order to get a room with TV we were changed to another room easily and super fast. The beach is very close to the hotel and there are many convenients economical restaurants

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dawson City, Yukon Territory, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

good, very cute rooms, and in the middle of everything. This place is literally 2 blocks from anything you want to do in Cabo San Lucas! Had a blast! Great staff too, extremely helpful. Not to mention the price is right.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Laguna Beach, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I'm a 20 years old and stayed there with my college roommate. When they gave us our keys they gave us one set with the gate key and room key and one just with the room key. Later they accused me of losing, selling, or giving the gate key that was supposed to be on the second set. While lecturing me for 30 minutes about why this was bad I was even called a "punk". It is a cool place but the lack of respect the owner showed to me completely ruined my stay. I was not given a second gate key, but he insisted it was my fault and they do not make mistakes. I believe he treated me like this because I am a young man and he feels he can treat me like a child. I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Palo Alto, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Great location, great service, great value and great city!

All in all we had an amazing time in Cabo, and this was down to our stay in Cabo Inn Hotel. You don't need a car rental when you stay here... the beaches, restaurants and shops are all in walking distance... A+++++++++++

Would highly recommend it to people visiting Cabo...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Cabo Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!