“Good experience overall” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   Blvd. La Marina Lotes, | 37 y 38, Colonia Centro, Cabo San Lucas 23410, Mexico   |
Ranked #31 of 66 hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Blaine, Washington
“Good experience overall”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2010

Since my review is about the Marina Fiesta, rather than Cabo San Lucas itself, I will stick to comments about the hotel itself. Many of the reviews that I have read have focused more on Cabo (and its eager vendors/sales people), rather than the hotel, which doesn't help other travelers when deciding about a hotel.

The hotel lobby and pool area are very nice. We spent many hours by the pool and its very relaxing. Sometimes the wind makes it cold, but the hot tubs are good to go in for warmth. We wandered around the hotel itself and that was cool. Room service was alright, but we had the rib dinner one night on the patio and it was very good.

The location of the hotel is good. It is located right on the Marina which is close to the beach, the mall, and great restaurants. All are in walking distance.

Our room was nice, nothing extraordinary but it served our purposes. We had two patios to enjoy and the view was very nice. We didn't the beds and pillows very comfortable, but they weren't the worst.

Overall, we would go back to the Marina Fiesta one day, but we would like to experience other destinations and hotels in Mexico first.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

892 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
Orange, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2010

I've stayed at Marina Fiesta several times over more than 10 years. Just went down for a few days June 2010 with my wife, who's Mexican - I'm American. Returned to the hotel in a taxi late after dancing at one of the local places. The gate guard immediately told my wife in Spanish that she can't enter the hotel - totally ignoring me and essentially treating my wife like one of the (many) prostitutes and bar hookers to be found around Cabo San Lucas - along with the drug sellers who are everywhere and bold to the point of yelling across the street to offer what they sell. Anyway, what a great way for the hotel staff to ruin what otherwise was for us was a nice day enjoying the sun and beach and nightlife (when not being accosted by vendors). We were escorted to the registration desk where my wife was again spoken to directly, in Spanish, in a challenging tone until we had them look at our registration. I'm surprised we didn't have to give fingerprints.
Apologies from these people? None. Any return communications from the management to whom I addressed a written note upon checking out? None. Nada. Zip.
Well - Cabo San Lucas isn't doing well in the way of tourism....it's overbuilt, overcrowded in the public places (even though their economy is obviously hurting), oversold, too darned expensive, and too loud and pushy in most every way. Is the nice weather enough to get us to come back? Not on your life. Too many other places to visit that are easily as nice without the downsides.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Sunnyside, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

The location of Marina Fiesta is exceptional. It is not on the beach, It's on the Marina. There is a strip of shops, restaurant and bars behind the resort. For $6 UDS you can take a 5 minute water taxi ride to medano beach. The area is well monitored and extremely safe. The resort was far from glamorous. My room had an old school TV and the decor to go with it. The room was always clean and the staff was responsive when I informed them my balcony did not have a screen door. They installed one on the same day. I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Vancouver, BC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2010

The Hotel is actually very nice if you want a week of sitting around the pool or if you like to party until 4am .They have a second pool that no one uses and was one of the best we have been to..,.Just stay in the Hotel, take the bus ( 8 pesos) to the WalMart to shop and never leave as you will be harrassed in Cabo by vendors and Timeshare salespeople....or as we resolved , why ever bother going to Mexico again, for reasons such as:
-When we checked in we were immediately hit up with the hidden $7us/day "Staff Tip Charge" that you MUST prepay, regardless of service,If you want the room you must pay or no room.
-there was the timeshare pitch from 3 to 4 lobby staff most times you went by the front desk! They stop you in Lobby and ask if you are going to another Timeshare sales pitch.You cannot leave this Hotel without being harrassed!
-Cabo bars right across from the Marina Fiesta blast out Music /Bar DJ's yell into 120 decibel Loudspeakers for people to drink more shooters at 4am. Don't think earplugs will help,you will not be able to sleep.
-The coackroach we found in our Room was of Olympic proportions.
-There is an Marina to Airport Shuttle 4 person charge/ripoff of $72 minimum.They will not allow any but "their" shuttles into the Marina and you cannot prebook a return shuttle as Marina only allows one way in order to overcharge their guests.
-Cabo is extremely expensive for what you get.....more than Canada or USA.

The main problem is NOISE from the Cabo bars, which the Marina Fiesta can do nothing about...Cabo San Lucas City allows unlimited Noise//Drinking 24 hours per day.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2010

I have been staying at Marina Fiesta with my family since 1999. The location is amazing! The perfect balance for a Cabo vacation. It is right on the marina with beautiful sunset views. A few minutes walk from shopping, nightly activities, and the beach.

There is always construction. Always. Every year they have been building some building nearby. Mexican construction is slow. You need to be aware that if you want to stay at a resort that is "in the middle of it all" there may be some construction noise. This is not the resort's fault. Cabo is in a growth spurt so I doubt this construction will stop anytime soon!

The food is wonderful and they will usually make something for you that is not on the menu if you ask nicely. The spa is great! Definitely take advantage of using the jacuzzi before or after your treatments! Both pools are great though the larger one with the rocks is usually more crowded. The back pool has more chairs available and good sun in the afternoon. The bar is rarely open.

I will say the most annoying part is the constant nagging to sit through a presentation. But I would recommend that anyone sit in on the Hacienda Encantada presentation. You can usually get a day pass and after the presentation, stay out there at their pools and eat at their restaurant. It is very nice!

The rooms are not as nice as they were 10 years ago but the resort does try to update things rather frequently. I've always found the staff to be very nice and accommodating if you just communicate what you need.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Huntington Beach, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2010

This was arguably the worst property we have ever stayed in. The front desk tried to up-sell us before we even checked in. The room was fine with a great view and the location is fantastic. Then it goes downhill fast, there were giant cockroaches, the music from the nightclub next door rattled the windows until 5AM and when I went to the front desk the front desk manager looked at me like I was crazy and no one has ever complained before? The best part she told me it was just tough I asked to be moved she said no, then I tried to cancel the rest of of the three nights we had and she said they would charge me anyway.
Then there was the timeshare pitch every time you went by the front desk!
Are you kidding NO means NO! I have traveled a great deal and never experienced something this bad! "ever"

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Everywhere!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2010

All around, enjoyed this more then some of the all inclusives as it gives you a choise as to what you would like. Very safe, minutes away from the beach, and minutes away from any type of restaurant you would like. Good free internet connection also.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Been to Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!