“Perfect Location” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa

You added Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   Blvd. La Marina Lotes, | 37 y 38, Colonia Centro, Cabo San Lucas 23410, Mexico   |
Ranked #33 of 68 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
New Jersey
“Perfect Location”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2006

We arrived and everyone was very friendly and courteous. We entered our room and I was highly disappointed with the room, our view out on the balcony was the side of the one of the buildings and the floor was covered with dust from all the construction that was going on at the pool. Yes, the Main pool was closed due to construction. , that was the biggest upset to me. As far as the room, that afternoon I headed to the Front Desk to complain and they were very helpful and courteous and was able to place us in another room the next morning. That new room and room was very nice.
Overall, I was very pleased with Marina Fiesta and I would stay here again. I would just make sure that the pool is up and running. This hotel is in a perfect location and there are Many restaraunts to choose from on the marina. Afterall, I would definately stay here again.

• Liked — Location, Location, Location
  • Disliked — No Safes in the Rooms
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (355)
San Diego
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2006

I stayed at the Marina Fiesta for 3 nights with 2 friends. We are all professionals in our 30's. We had a great time initially - it's a very convenient location by the marina and downtown, and our marina-view room was very nice. The pool area is a little small compared to others in Cabo, but it's deep and there is a rock island in the middle that you can jump off, and a swim-up bar - perfect for low-key relaxation. The staff are all friendly and helpful. An important note is, unlike many other hotels, they do not have in-room safes. They have a safe at the front desk which is inconvenient, but you should use it.

Everything went downhill on the 3rd day, when we had some property taken from our room while we were out on a fishing trip. They took US$240 cash, but more importantly, a digital camera which had a lot of pictures of our vacation up until that point. We complained to the night manager, who refused to call the police because he said they were not allowed to come onto private property to conduct an investigation. He said their internal security would handle it. We felt like we were getting the run-around, but decided to calm down and wait to talk to the real manager in the morning.

We met him around noon the next day, after he had sent 2 security people to find us at the pool. There were no pleasantries or apologies about the theft; the first thing they asked us was, 'are you drunk'. We were not. We then talked to the manager, who showed us the alleged security log showing key-card access into our room. There were several inconsistencies on this log, which showed that my key card, which I had in my pocket on the fishing boat when the theft occurred, was used to enter the room several times while we were on the boat - a clear impossibility. So we complained that this seemed like an inside job; my friend became angry (since it was his money that was stolen), and the manager responded by threatening to call the police ON US, and then throwing us out of the hotel. There was never at any point, the previous night or that day, an apology from anyone of authority on the staff; the manager just sent us back to get our belongings from our room, escorted by 3 security personnel who watched us as we quickly packed up all of our clothes, and walked us out to the front gate and threw us (not literally) onto the street. We wandered around in the 100-degree heat for an hour, dragging 50 pounds of luggage, trying to find another place to stay that night.

I would hope that this was an isolated incident, but travel smart. Always use the in-room safe and be wary of any hotel that doesn't have them. I expected and got no recourse from the hotel, but I was able to get a refund for the last night from Expedia. The cash and camera and pictures are gone forever.

• Stayed September 2006, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
seattle
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2006

We just returned from a week stay at the Marina Fiesta in Cabo. The hotel was very neat and clean and the staff was wonderful. The big disappointment was the main pool. The second day we were there, they sent us a notice the pool would be closed for maintenence. Well, it was closed the whole time we were there. They started with the jackhammer on the tile around the pool about the 4th day we were there. It went on all day, everyday, and was very noisy.
They had another very small pool that we could use, but is was very loud and crowded.
Also, my daughter had a toll-free phone card she was trying to get to work and everytime she picked up the hotel phone they charged us $3, which added up to $27. When I checked out they wouldn't budge on $27 and they didn't have much to say about the pool being closed all week.
I loved the location of the hotel. It was close to everything, but I don't think I would stay there again.

• Liked — Very friendly staff
  • Disliked — Couldn't use the main pool because it was under maintenence
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't use the telephone in the room
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Medford Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2006

We have just returned from a week at the MARINA FIESTA RESORT 7/26/06. The hotel is in a great location to all activities in Cabo. The pools are pretty well kept and if you want some privacy head to the pool out back. We had it to our selves most of the time. My daughter 16 and her friend 18 really enjoyed hanging out at the pools and I was happy to find them very safe. The pool attendants were pretty accommodating and polite. Any beverage was fairly expensive, at the pool or from the room refrigerator though, so hit the local market if you want to save a few bucks. Have the in room refrigerator emptied when you get there as well to make room for your own stuff.
There are a lot of restaurants near by and plenty to do. I booked the 3 person vacation through CheapTickets and 20% cheaper than any other sight. $147.00 total per night for one master suit and we were up graded to two luxury suits so the girls could have their own room (with a adjoining door) to mine. Went from two queen beds and a sofa couch to two very nice suits complete with kitchenettes. The rooms were in very good condition with only a couple small flaws. My king feather bed was not the most comfortable as it was supported by a box spring mounted on a concrete foundation, but hey I wasn’t there to sleep the vacation away anyhow. The bath tub water was a little rusty in color for a few seconds after turning it on but again not a big deal.
Overall I would say this is probably the best hotel for the money I have ever stayed in while in Cabo, this was my 3 visit. I stayed at the Fiesta Americana $$$$ and the Hotel Finisterra $$ over the last two visits. If possible I will stay here again on my next trip to Cabo.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — No business center
  • Tips/Secrets — Convert your money to Pesos so you get the best exchange rate!
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Antonio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2006

We own a timeshare in the US and traded our week thru RCI.

Transportation to Marina Fiesta:
We’d made transportation plans with the concierge of Marina Fiesta prior to arriving so we did not need a taxi. This is the way I suggest you do it also because the timeshare people will hound you upon arrival to San Lucas. Upon arrival there are booths set up with people attempting to get you to sign up with their hotel or resort for a timeshare tour. They will offer you all kinds of goodies if you schedule with them but if you don’t plan to spend your vacation visiting timeshares, I suggest arrange transportation with your concierge beforehand. He was waiting outside of the airport holding a sign with our names on it. He was very courteous and helped us get our bags in the van and offered us all water (there were five of us). Once we arrived at the hotel, the concierge I’d emailed about the transportation (Carlos) greeted us by name. I was impressed from that moment forward. Check in was painless and fairly quick. The bellhop (or whatever they are called in Mexico) helped us get the bags upstairs to our room. The A/C was on already so we were met with a nice cool room.

The Room.

The room was a one bedroom unit (slept 5 people easily) that actually locked out the living room incase you wanted privacy from the kids. There were two bathrooms with showers; a kitchenette with a two burner stove, refrigerator, microwave and a sink. There was a dining room, a living room with a king size pull out bed. There were two balconies; one I called the sun deck with two beach type lounge chairs and a hot tub and another in the front of the unit facing the marina. We had a larger unit because there were five in our party. The room was nicely decorated (I hate floral furniture and the couch was floral but the furniture was in great condition and the room was very nicely decorated…very classy). The kitchenette over all was nice. The kitchen counter needs to be replaced but overall it was a very nice unit and I would visit again if the opportunity presents itself. The beds were extremely comfortable…which was a surprise, as I expected it to be hard, which is usually the case.

Service:
We did ask the hotel staff to remove the items from the refrigerator, and they actually asked me a couple of times if this had been done, unfortunately they didn’t remove the items until it was time to restock and the restocker noticed all of the items on the counter. However, one day we asked not to be disturbed in the bedroom by the housekeeping staff and they closed the door to the bedroom and did not disturb us at all. We realized all of the towels were on the floor in the bedroom bath and asked they come and replace them (later that night). They were at the door in less than 10 minutes, closer to five. This resort knows how to serve a customer and they are very good at it. They have a resturant type grill by the pool area and you can order any type of food on the menu and they’ll bring it right there to the pool to you. Same with the waiters on the beach in front of the hotels. You can order just about anything out there. Be sure to tip them well because they only work for tips. I was also told that you don’t tip the taxi drivers…I always gave them a little something. I tipped just about everyone because I didn’t want to offend anyone. One waiter at Ole Ole, a restaurant on the marina, made the mistake of saying “is that all” to my husband (he was slow, rude, and returned the wrong credit card to us when we were ready to leave…and it took him forever to bring our card to us. I spoke to the manager about him). I made sure to tip the maid but I wish I had tipped her more…of all of the people I tipped, it was the maid who I wanted to give the most too. She kept our room sparkling and she washed our dishes every day we while we were out…a pleasant surprise to some of the other resorts.

Timeshare Warning:
This is the timeshare capitol of the world (I think). They are going to hit you up as soon as you arrive in the airport. I suggest skipping those at the airport. There will be a few representatives in the lobby of the resort who are much nicer, and not as pushy as those in the airport. One of them is for the sister resort (the name escapes me) and another is for the Grand Mayan Resort. We did both of them. They had great offers and we were trying to save money. We were offered half off of all of our activities while there if we only tour their resort and for the Mayan we were offered $200 cash and $100 restaurant coupon. The first was pretty easy going and actually accepted our No when we said no (of course we had no plans to buy a timeshare because we already have what we want, we just wanted the perks). The Mayan was another story. Unless you are firm like I am and can handle the pressure, I don’t suggest going on this tour. They are outright rude if you don’t buy with them. We also did another while we were on the beach (the first hotel/resort you run into when you go to the beach) and received $150 for their tour and it only lasted 1 hour which was by far the shortest of the three. After the Mayan, I retired from touring timeshares…it was exhausting. If you want to make a little money and can stand up to the pressure, you can get all kinds of things. Another couple got a free $450 fishing trip. You just need to know what you want to do up front and make them list everything on your invitation otherwise you will be paying full price for any activity not listed.

The Resort:
It looks exactly like the pictures on the internet. The pool look bigger in the pictures but it is a nice pool. It closes at 8pm every night. There is another pool somewhere; my kids found it but we never went to that pool. There’s a nice poolside bar where you can sit in the pool and order drinks or sit outside the pool and order drinks. There is also a bar in the lobby. There is also an area on the roof to sunbath and also a few Jacuzzi tubs available there too. The resort is well kept and clean. They kept the public restrooms immaculate. The beach is about a five minute walk from the resort and there are two ways to enter…one is to go around the marina and the other is to exit the front of the resort and make a left turn then a right at the first corner. This way is quicker and takes you directly to the first hotel on the beach and a pretty nice beach chair area, whereas the other way takes you out of the way and you have to walk about a quarter of a mile to get to the same area. The resort is older and our room needed some small minor repair but it was a nice room. It did not have some of the newer furniture or appliances but everything was in great condition and very clean. No broken tiles on the floor, bathroom was fine in great condition, kitchen counter needed minor repair but we just overlooked most of that because it was a nice room and hotel overall.

Cabo San Lucas:

Wow! I am impressed. I expected it to be dirty…I’m not really sure why. We went to the Zoo twice while there, which is a local club that most party people go to while in Cabo. Very nice. The shopping in the marina area is expensive, but what do you expect. You can pick up some nice trinkets to bring back. There are some nice restaurants also. They have a Ruth Chris (which was waaaaaayyyyy too expensive for me but we went anyway…for four of us to have steak, a side, a bottle of water and one appetizer of onion rings, we paid $209.00). I almost cried…but I remembered all of the timeshare money we’d received and decided it wasn’t worth crying over! We stuck to the smaller less expensive restaurants after that night; 'Ole 'Ole is also on the Marina and they also have great food with a wider variety of choices. Our only negative was the one waiter who asked us is that all we were going to give him for a tip...hopefully, after my conversation with the manager he no longer works there. There are also some great seafood resturants on the. ALSO...very important, Marina Fiesta has purified water from the faucets. Although we bought water from COSTCO, we also drank the faucet water. And yes, there is a COSTCO. It cost my husband and I about $20. round trip in a taxi to go. We bought snacks for the kids, water, soda, bread, cereal, milk, etc...we ate breakfast in the room every morning and made ham or grilled cheese sandwiches some days for some of our excursions and two or three times we made dinner in the room.

OVERALL:
If I were to rate the Marina Fiesta between a scale of 1 to 10 it is definitely a 9. My reasoning for a 9 and not 10 is that darn kitchen counter and the minor repairs that needed to be done but I'd only mark it down one point because everything else was superior! I think they’d make it to a 5 star resort if they’d do a little renovating. It’s a very pleasant place and I would return in a heartbeat! If you do go to Marina Fiesta, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

If you'd like to ask questions about the resort, email me at kbrooks98@yahoo.com and I'll try to write you back.

Stayed July 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2006

Stayed one week at the Marina Fiesta. What a great time we had. The rooms were clean and so were the grounds of the hotel. The hotel pool closes at 8 though, could not figure out why so early. The location is the best part of chosing this hotel. Two blocks to the beach, downstairs to the marina, and about 2-3 blocks for great nightlife. I thought the hotel could have done alittle more to entertain the guest on the hotel grounds. You would think that they want people to spend more money there, rather than out on the town

• Stayed July 2006
Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2006

We (myself and 3 kids ages 24, 21 & 18) just got back from a week stay at the Marina Fiesta Resort in Cabo San Lucas. After booking my trip I read some of the reviews on this sight about the hotel. Yes, it did make me somewhat nervous...however, upon arriving at the Marina Fiesta I was quite surprised! It was a beautiful hotel, everyone was very nice. Brian the bellboy went out of his way to help us. Answered all of our questions very honestly and recommended El Pescador Restaurant which was very good. I do recommend removing the mini bar (drinks in the frig, alcohol on kitchen counter and bottled water in the bathrooms) upon your arrival. We did. Room 614, a master suite, has a beautiful view of both the marina and pool area. Hotel was very clean and we enjoyed everything about it. Very quiet each night. Pool closes at 8 p.m. which helps. Felt very safe. Need room key to leave property and get on hotel property. So don't loose your key!! Would I return to the Marina Fiesta again....absolutely YES. Very disappointed in time-share presentations. Went on 2....are very, very nice to you, but when you decline to purchase, they are instantly not friendly any more. I did not like that. Makes you wonder what they are hiding! Went on the La Princesa catamaran snorkeling to Santa Maria Bay was so much fun!! Enjoyed our many trips by boat to Lovers Beach. Location of this hotel is perfect. You are so close to everything in Cabo. Yet at night once you got back to the hotel it was so quiet. Enjoyed sitting on the balcony each evening before bed and each morning drinking a cup of coffee. Truly had a wonderful time in Cabo and am looking forward to my next trip there sometime in the future......

• Stayed June 2006

Been to Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!