“A+ hotel, Great Service and Great Location in Cabo” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa

You added Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   Blvd. La Marina Lotes, | 37 y 38, Colonia Centro, Cabo San Lucas 23410, Mexico   |
Ranked #33 of 66 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Pittsburgh, PA
“A+ hotel, Great Service and Great Location in Cabo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

We recently returned from the Marina Fiesta Resort on June 2 and had a wonderful time. I would recommend the hotel highly and cannot honestly think of one negative thing to say. We two couples had adjoining rooms that were both remodeled and overlooked the pool. We had requested a marina view but none were available when we checked in. The buffet breakfast at the hotel was wonderful with a good assortment of breakfast foods and the service was excellent. We really enjoyed the pool bar everyday and ordered various items from the menu that were served poolside. Lucio was our favorite waiter and he was the best. He kept coming to us and asking us what he could get us before we even asked! We ate at the various restaurants included in the all inclusive and each was located right on the marina - the perfect location! We enjoyed Jacks and the Baja Lobster the best and ate there a few times during the week. No need for a cab - everything was right there (bars, restaurants, shopping) as soon as you walked out of the gated hotel. The location is the best!!!! Had a short walk to the beach which we visited only once - just to say we had been to the beach - we enjoyed the relaxation and amenities at the pool bar.
El Squid Roe was our favorite bar - so much fun - and every night of the week! We visited 4 times in our week at Cabo and had such fun each time we went! I have read some of the bad reviews people wrote about the hotel and I just have to shake my head. The suites were beautiful with a stocked refrigerator each day. The beds were sooo comfortable. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone that wants to be in the center of everything. Loved leaving the gated grounds each day/night and walking right on the the Marina. We always felt safe. We will definitely be staying at the Marina Fiesta our next trip to Cabo!

Room Tip: Try to get a renovated suite higher up with a marina view. Rooms that had two double beds were quit...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
Long Beach, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

I have had a few days to cool off before writing this review. During my recent (May 27 - June 3) stay at the MF Resort I was humiliated, frustrated and angered by the staff:
I attempted to bring two registered guests up to my room and had a bell boy stop me by putting his foot in the elevator. I insisted several times that the people were registered but he still would not allow us to go up to the room. I was so mad that I almost punched him. I am considering taking legal action against the resort.
When I checked in I asked for an upgraded room if one was available because when I stayed there in 2011 there was so much construction that I was unable to rest the entire trip. I was informed that possibly on Tuesday I would be able to get a remodeled room. On Monday I met two guests at the pool that bragged that with out a reservation they were able to get an ungraded room. When I asked the manager why I (20 yr. Resort Member) was not given an upgraded room I was informed that the people checked in before me. I found them and verified that they did not check in before me. I went back to the manager and after several heated confrontations I was given an upgraded room at no charge. What a hassle. I would have gladly paid for an upgrade if they had made it available. I was so mad!
My first trip to the bar out by the pool did not go well either. The bartender completely ignored me for several minutes, actually looking at me twice and then looking away, before I finally yelled at him an asked for a beer. Argh!!! A few minutes later I layed out by the pool and ordered a Miami Vice from one of the waiters. He forgot my order and 15 minutes later when he was close enough that I could yell at him I was able to get his attention and ask what what happened to my drink. He immediately brought over a drink but it was not what I ordered. I took the drink to the front desk person and made myself very clear that if the pool bar bartender did not get it together quickly that there was going to be a big problem. Immediately two sets of the right drink came on the house. Argh!!! I would have gladly paid for my drinks an tipped the server nicely if they just would have brought me the right drink in a timely manner.

On a good note, the hotel is in a great location along the marina next to the mall and very close to Medano Beach, it is a very safe/secure hotel with guards that do not miss anything/anyone that are suspect, all the pool staff and especially the manager, most all the bell boys (Pedro, Carlos, Isidro & Cesar), maids, gardners, and maintenance folks were super nice and helpful.
But the two people that really made a difference were the Concierge, Pablo, and the assistant manager whose name I do not know. But both of them were very patient with me, they listened to my issues and they were genuinely concerned and I really appreciate their sincerity. I would also like to thank the girl that runs the side gate/office for always being so helpful when I was driving in and out of the private parking lot and for keeping my vehicle safe. She is so nice! Gracias Amiga!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Seattle, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

Once again the Marina Fiesta went above and beyond, we had reservations for 3 different rooms and they did a great job of getting us rooms next to each other, they are all very friendly and helpful many thanks to Javier, Alfredo, Anibal, Jalid/Lupita, Pedro, Isrrael, Maribel and everyone else there for making our stay wonderful. The Marina Fiesta is centrally located, it is clean, has a great view of the marina and I would recommend it to all. We have stayed at the Marina Fiesta many times and already have plans to return in November.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

An excellent hotel with excellent staff. The people are so helpful and happy to help in any way they can. From the pool bar you have Carlos and Carlos making sure you never run dry. Carlos "one" was there when we were there a year and a half ago, and he is still his same happy self and mixes the best Margaritas!!! Then you have Lucio, Miguel, William, Enrique, and a host of others who I am sorry that I don't remember all their names but all I can say is they are the greatest!!!

Thanks also to Bellmen Carlos, Pedro, and Joaquin, you were always happy to see us and always helpful!!

The Reception staff was always very helpful for any needs we had.

Restaurants have really great food and whether it's breakfast, lunch, or dinner the fare is good and plentiful.

I guess it goes without saying I love this place!! In fact we are already planning our next visit.

On the negative side the only issue I had was with the time share people....VERY ANNOYING!!! But aren't they always??!!

Room Tip: Higher floors are better in my opinion. Some rooms are at the back and views from those balconies ma...
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

We stayed at the Marina Fiesta on vacation from May 29-June 5 2012. We had an overall wonderful experience. the staff was very helpful and readily available to help with activities, cabs, local favorites etc... The bell boys were always greeting us with a smile, especially Carlos, Pedro and Hibacu. They went the extra mile to make sure we had what we needed within a timely manner. We were also very happy with the service Lucio gave us poolside. He was very friendly, conversational and was a great server.
The hotel was very clean and well kept. The master suite was more than accomodating!!!! The security staff always made sure they knew our room number and that we were legitimate guests before we entered the premises, We felt very secure during our stay.
LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION! This hotel is in the middle of all the action. Minutes from the beach, minutes from clubs and night life, minutes from shopping and right in the middle of the marina!
OVERALL WE WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL! WE WILL BE BACK!

Room Tip: If there is just two of you or you dont mind sharing the room, the master suite is ridiculous.. Two...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
O'Fallon, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

We had a destination wedding and booked our entire party at this resort. The location was perfect. We were in walking distance of Beaches, Restaurants and Shopping. If you stay at this resort make sure to look up Carlos the Bell Boy. He didn't just carry our luggage but took care of all our needs during this trip (setting up reservations for dinner, car rental and Water Activities). We had problems with a street vendor, we attempted to use in an attempt to save money. I spoke to Carlos and his recommendations not only save us money but the places he sent us were outstanding and resulted in an excellent experience every time. Our only bad experience with the hotel was the bed in the room was so hard we were unable to sleep the first night. The resort made up for this by moving us to an upgraded room (no charge) which not only had a comfortable bed but was on the 6th floor with and incredible view of the Marina and Cabo Skyline.

Room Tip: The hotel is located in the north east corner of the Marina, so rooms on the upper floors have the b...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
San Jose, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

My husband and I traveled and stayed here, Initially we were put off by the lack luster greeting followed by the interrogation about who we spoke to any if we were going to any timeshare presentations. Our room did not resemble the pictures online, TV was out dated and remote control didn't work however our balcony view of the pool area was great and they did stock the fridge daily with 4 beers, 4 sodas, & 4 waters. Pool bartender Carlos, was AWESOME and was always attentive. On the private side of the resort their Poolside TV's do not have cable. We recommend Jacks Bar & Grill for breakfast. We spent the majority of our time on the beach. (Go to Billigan's for the most comfortable lounge chairs, entertaining staff and 2 for 1 beers... sit in JC or Ricky's sections)

Room Tip: Ask for a newer room
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!