I stayed in unit 202 on 12/15/2012. Here are the annoyances:
* The faucet in the bathroom sink was tiny - it did not extend far enough over the sink. This made it difficult to use the water, for example hand washing was inconvenient.
* There are only two parking places for the property. They were both taken when I arrived so I had to double park behind one of the cars and leave my keys at the front desk in case the blocked car needed to leave. At most four cars can be accommodated (two double parked). Staff did not have any suggestions for alternate parking arrangements.
* My room had a sliding glass door which had a flimsy latch. Operation was with a key (not an electronic card). Not the most secure.
* The front desk was not consistently staffed at times you would expect it to be staffed. I had to wait for a staff person to walk by - often it was a teenage kid.
* When I tried to used the screen on the sliding door it fell out of its track and crashed to the walkway railing. Luckily no one was walking by.
* Streets around the motel are very narrow.
* The couch was wide and flat - it seemed more suited to be used as bed.
* The restaurant in the courtyard generated a lot of noise on the Saturday night I was there. Later in the night there was noise from a band at nearby bar. So this is not a quiet place.
* Location is ideal for walking access to the bars, restaurants and marina
* Room was clean
* Furniture was in good condition.
A good value for the price, but don't expect a high-class room.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
December 20, 2012
Thank you for staying with us at Siesta Suites.
Report response as inappropriate
First, we are sorry that your stay was less than desirable.
We have never had anyone complain about the sinks. Yes, the doors to the rooms are opened by a key, but they also have chains on the inside for use when you go to bed- AAA approved. We have 4 off-street parking spaces and three on the street in front of the hotel. Downtown Cabo has a major parking issue and yes, the streets can be narrow. This is Mexico and it has lots of character. Most people who stay with us do not rent cars, as you can walk anywhere. We are a Mom and Pop hotel, family owned and operated for 20 years. We are proud to encourage young people to work for us, including our own kids, and we find them to be good employees. As far as the noise, we are located downtown, where the action is. People in our restaurant have fun and you may hear a little music and laughter from your room until 11pm when they close. Unfortunately, you stayed with us during the Christmas season and there was a large Christmas party going on in the town square a couple of blocks away. We appologize for the music. Many people come to Cabo to let loose and enjoy life. Again, thank you for your stay and for your suggestions. For $60u.s. per night, we do our very best to make Siesta Suites a great place to stay. It seems to us that maybe you were expecting the services of a $200 u.s. per night resort.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.