“Great Value In The Heart Of Cabo San Lucas” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Siesta Suites

Save Saved
You added Siesta Suites to your Saves list
Siesta Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle Emiliano Zapata | Between Guerrero & Hidalgo, Cabo San Lucas 23410, Mexico   |
Ranked #15 of 66 hotels in Cabo San Lucas
La Paz, Mexico
“Great Value In The Heart Of Cabo San Lucas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

This small economy hotel in the heart of Cabo San Lucas is a great value! Suites have the bedrooms located towards the rear of the suite and the beds are very comfortable. As a result, you can expect a very comfortable nights sleep. There is an excellent restaurant on site. In addition, the hotel is located within easy walking distance of the marina, night clubs, and many shops and restaurants. Parking was a bit limited, but the owners went the extra mile to make sure that a night watchman was available to watch over my big pickup truck all night long. If you have a limited budget this hotel is a great value. I will definitely return here again and again.

Room Tip: Two room suites with kitchenette are ideal for a couple stretching their travel budget. Coffe shop...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

265 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We needed a reasonably priced place to stay for fishing & for easy access to the marina and local restaurants & shops. Siesta Suites suited us perfectly for that. This was strictly a fishing excursion, so I didn't need to feel as pampered and this hotel was at a great location. Having a mini-kitchen meant we could keep snacks & drinks in our room to take on the boat with us and we fixed our own breakfasts before more restaurants opened. We could also keep a few leftover dishes from nearby restaurants who always seems to serve double portions. We easily walked to local shops and restaurants. The room was not luxurious, even by Mexican standards, but it was very clean and comfortable. We were in a 2-room suite, which meant that the bedroom was very small (the bed took up almost ALL the room), but the "living" area was large enough. The bathroom was also very small, but functional. The bed was VERY comfortable and we had no problems at all sleeping. Something I have not seen mentioned on here is that they give a suggested tipping rate for housekeeping. I really appreciated that because I am always so unsure how much to leave, especially in a foreign country. If you need a no-frills room at a budget price in a safe, quiet location then Siesta Suites is for you!

Room Tip: I don't think there are elevators, so keep that in mind if you are on the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dauin, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

The location is good for those who want access to the marina and the nightlife. The rooms are run down a bit but well-cleaned each day. This is not a beach resort (more like a motel) but good for a convenient, affordable place to sleep. The staff was friendly. The internet was fast but was down for one day during my six night stay. The affiliated restaurant is pricey but good Italian food. No breakfast is available but there are many options within a very short walk.

I stayed here primarily to dive and was gone all day every day. The Siesta Suites was very close to the dive shop and boats. For those who want to lounge around the hotel, pick another option.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Have been staying here for many years. This most recent trip we had a free condo at Portofino for a week, then moved to Siesta Suites for the 2nd week. The condo was big and spacious, but nothing felt right until we got to Siesta Suites. It is so nice to stay at a place where all the staff is the same year after year!

Room Tip: All the rooms on the first 3 floors are suites with kitchenette and private bedroom. 4th floor rooms...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
British Columbia Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We stayed in the penthouse suite from October 6th to 13th. I had done a lot of research before we booked at Siesta Suites and I am so happy we picked this hotel for our stay. This hotel is always very clean. The staff are so friendly and helpful. I had an issue with my bank and Juan was so helpful with directing me to the right bank. We were in a perfect location accross from the marine and walking distance to many local bars and restuarants. The penthouse is beautiful...there is a full kitchen and the deck was lovely and huge and our friends that stayed at other resorts would meet us there everynight before we set out to the many bars. I enjoyed watching some fireworks from my balcony on two seperate nights. And yes... Salvatore's is right downstairs. Best Clams I have ever had!! The food is amazing! No cabs needed!!! Perfect!!!

Room Tip: Penthouse is beautiful but it is 68 stairs up... and by the end of the week it is definately a good...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

Fifth time is a charm. We use to stay in the big fancy resorts each time that we came to Cabo. Talked to some friends and they recommended checking out Siesta Suites and I'm glad I did. We checked it out and booked our stay for Sammy Hagar's birthday bash. The rooms were perfect for two guests. The staff was super friendly and best of all we saved about $100 on taxis (it's $6 minimum each time). The rooms are around $70 compared to an average of $200 at the big resorts. Our room had a/c a full size fridge and a kitchenette with a microwave. Also had cable tv and ceiling fans in the front room and bedroom. It has been American owned for the last 25 years.

• Stayed October 2012
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Siesta Suites is a quaint, very reasonable little hotel, right in the heart of the Party Zone! The Suites all have a sitting area, a breakfast table, full size refrigerator, microwave, dishes, glasses, flatware and a full size sink to wash them in! I just stayed there for ten nights, ending 10/05/12, and I haven't a single complaint! One of the best restaurants in Cabo, Salvatore's, is right in the courtyard! The aromas wafting up also makes Siesta Suites the best smelling hotel in Cabo, hands down! I have friends living down there, and just needed a place to sleep and shower that was reasonable. Siesta Suites filled the bill! There is also a Penthouse Suite on the top floor. There is a Suite on one end, and the rest of the entire roof is your balcony overlooking the Marina end of Cabo! I'll be back, and I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to Siesta Suites? Share your experiences!