“Very nice hotel, swanky, South Beach-ish” 4 of 5 stars
Review of ME Cabo

You added ME Cabo to your Saves list
ME Cabo
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Playa El Medano S/N, Zona Hotelera, Cabo San Lucas 23410, Mexico   |
Special Offer
up to -15% MeliáRewards
Ranked #37 of 68 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Iowa
“Very nice hotel, swanky, South Beach-ish”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2009

We stayed four nights at the Me Cabo. Beautiful hotel, hard working staff, loved laying on the beds by the beach and close to all the action. Drinks were reasonable and 2 for 1 specials everyday. There was a DJ by the pool-which was pretty neat and played good music. Stayed in room 410-right by the nightclub-which was noisy! Had earplugs and still could hear the music/people till after 4 AM. Turned on air, which helped, but stay on other side of resort if poss. Room was fine, exercise room had good equipment. Try the Miami Vice drink-very good. Used Translobo to and from airport-which worked well. Nightclub doesn't get busy till late-which is expected for the club nightlife. Never went to the club-we drank too much during the day to stay awake that long. Lots of pretty people. Never ate at the hotel, except for Easter brunch, but heard the food was good.
Close to town-we always walked during the daytime, cabbed at night. Weather was in the 90s everyday. Good hotel, but will recommend to my nieces, in their 20's and single. The swim up pool bar was not as fun as I expected-water was a funny color-not the typical bright blue that I am used to. Had lots of fun at Mango Deck & loved the breakfast at Medano Beach Club (next to Me Cabo)-get the french toast. I would go back to Cabo-but will find a hotel we can get some sleep at.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
Dear Guest:

I greatly appreciate the time you have taken to share your experience with Trip Advisor.

I am glad you hear you enjoyed our pool vibe & our DJ.
Your nice comments encourage us to continue working on providing high quality accommodations and services. I will definitively share them with my staff.

Me by Melia Cabo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2009

The hotel is in a great location within walking distance to the marina, restuarants, nightlife, and Medano Beach. Food at their restaurants/poolside service was great; staff was very attentive. We had to usually head down early, though, to grab a cabana with shade. I stayed with family in January 2008 and with friends in March 2008. Although the hotel is beautiful, I probably won't stay here again because of the noisiness. We could feel the bass through the walls and even in the bed! If you decide to stay here, bring your earplugs!

• Stayed March 2008, traveled with friends
Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for your nice comments about our service, staff hospitality and location. I will definitively share them with my staff.

I am very sorry we could not fulfill your expectation about the music. I would like to let you know that we would have been very pleased to assist you, moving you to another room, if we had been aware of your needs.

If you would be so kind to give us the opportunity to host you in the future, I can assure you that we will work diligently to ensure your satisfaction, and provide you with a prompt service.

San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2009

... Lots of action, hip, good looking people, beautiful grounds, wonderful restaurants to choose from, spacious rooms with superb views and an amazing location! Can't ask for anything more! My husband and I typically stay at 5* resorts (Four Seasons, O&O, etc., etc.,) but I'd have to say -- this place is a superb value for overall quality and service. The music can be heard from certain rooms, which never bothered us (and you can request for the quieter rooms), but it's a happening resort, and not meant for people who are looking for 100% quietness. It's not that type of an ambiance. You can easily tell what this place is all about when you look at their website, so it shouldn't come as a surprise to any savvy traveler. It's geared towards 18-40 year old people who are looking for a FUN, and relaxation.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest:

I am glad to hear you enjoyed our hotel, specially our vibe, energy and glamour. It was a pleasure to have you as a guest. We can’t wait to have you back!!!

la
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2009

Horrible! would never stay here again. We chose ME because we has such an excellent experience at their property in Madrid. The last night we had a romantic dinner, and got in around midnight. Sadly, our stay was poisoned by the punishing and ceaseless techo garbage music pouring from the hotel's nightclub UNTIL 4AM. No joke. After multiple pleas for the front desk to do ANYTHING they simply kept saying "sorry" and that they would move us to a different room the next day. Useless solution as we were to leave the next day. I am not exaggerating when I say our room was physically thumping from the base. Disappointed b/c I paid extra to have an oceanview room on the "level" floor. The very least they could have done was to refund that night's stay. I've asked multiple times from someone in management to contact me, and SURPRISE! No one has

Rogam, Manager at ME Cabo, responded to this review, April 8, 2009
Dear Guest:

Your valuable comments represent a useful feedback to help us identify the preferences of our customers, as well as areas of needed improvement.

New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2009

My partner and I stayed at Me Cabo for two nights and I arranged to move to another hotel. The hotel is beautiful, the pool, and beach fabulous. It was on the beach, and very close to all amenities. My only complaint was the acoustics in the place were horrible. We stayed in a room that was located directly above the nightclub, which you can imagine was "hoppin" with spring breakers getting drunk and rowdy. I am not old by any means, but was not into that kind of vacation, been there done that. I wanted serenity, maybe a bar scene, by my choice, not forced due to the location..It is recommended for those who like to party.

Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for your nice comments about our hotel.
On the other hand, I am very sorry we could not fulfill your expectation about the room location. I would like to let you know that we would have been very pleased to assist you, moving you to another room if we had been aware of your needs.

Los Angeles
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2009

My wife and I stayed at Me Cabo this past week and we had a great time. The staff was friendly, the food was great and the music at Nikki Beach (when the DJ spinned) was excellent. However, DO NOT book a room at The Level. We did and it was a complete waste of money. The concierge service, or Level Managers as they call them, were never around. I ended up using the front desk for all my needs. The "complimentary breakfast" is a joke. You have four options and each portion is smaller than the other. You'll be hungry in less than an hour, I guarantee! Other "Level" benefits, such as access to Passion, are worthless as the club/lounge is only open Thu-Sat and it's never packed (unless u go on a Holiday Wknd). The hotel's proximity to the marina and the city center and other local hangouts (such as The Office) makes Me Cabo a great spot. So, book but won't waste your money on "The Level". Before I forget, one last thing, the garden view rooms are located on the second floor facing the ocean (as all room are) and in my option those are the best deals. I hope u find this review helpful!!!!

Inside tip: stay away from room 616 @ The Level. It's right next to the elevator and some king of power generator which goes on throughout the night. It's noisy, to say the least!

Rogam, manager at ME Cabo, responded to this review, April 5, 2009

SF Bay Area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2009

ME Cabo is really for all ages. I went for my 50th birthday and took my senior daughter and her friend and my girlfriend and my brother came as well. ME Cabo was very helpful in finding an additional hotel for my brother since he did not want to pay as much. Roxana Gam our Exper. Manager was amazing (and very beautiful). Everyone at the hotel knew our name, followed us around. So close to town. 15 minute walk. The Office, a great restaurant was just a 2 minute walk down the beach toward town. Going to downtown we ended up taking a cab most of the time. Not exactly a scenic walk to downtown Cabo.You have to walk down a busy road. Rooms amazing. Outdoor bar and club very fun. Not too loud really. Just get a room a distance away if you are worried. Just close your balcony door at night. They really take care of you. Rooms very clean and not a bad view in the place. Really a boutique hotel which makes it special. They really GET IT at ME Cabo. You will not be dissappointed. For top end dinners, go out to the high high end resorts Las Ventanas for dinner or at The One and Only. One bad experience is that ME Cabo recommended a restaurant downtown the first night and it was not good. Too busy of a street and not a great atmosphere. I made sure they knew it wasn't that great of a place. But ME Cabo is the best. Great music is played during the day. You can go to a quieter pool just adjacent or go stay on the beach and layout on accomodations that they provide. The outdoor grill on the beach has VERY GOOD food. The daily complimentary breakfast is also very good. Actually saves a lot of money over 5 days.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Rogam, Manager at ME Cabo, responded to this review, April 5, 2009

Me by Melia Cabo

Been to ME Cabo? Share your experiences!