“Excellent Beachfront Resort. Azael @ Concierge Azael Phenomenal. Excellent Customer Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of ME Cabo

You added ME Cabo to your Saves list
ME Cabo
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Playa El Medano S/N, Zona Hotelera, Cabo San Lucas 23410, Mexico   |
Special Offer
up to -15% MeliáRewards
Ranked #37 of 68 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

My best friend and I planned a trip to Cabos and I personally had to stay at Me Cabo. The photos and website had me sold but did not prepare us for the wonderful experience we had during our stay. Upon arriving we were greeted warmly but an array of hotel staff. There is a 500 dollar incidental hold placed on your card during check in, however we opted out with no problem. Once checked in the concierge representative walked us to our room and gave us a tour of the hotel. He also was very informative on local attractions and restaurants. Once we reached our room, we realized they did not place us in a beach front (which we paid for) and we were moved immediately with no trouble. Rooms: are amazing, modern, clean and well kept. Room service: food was delicious and service prompt. Every time we asked for towels, or anything from the front desk it was brought immediately. Nikki Beach is amazing. The service @ Nikki beach and the hotels restaurant were too amazing. The staff is just overall amazing. Beach was never overcrowded.

We wanted to do events after events. Ziplining. Dolphins. Etc The hotel staff made sure we were taken care of and transportation was provided. Azael the concierge was absolutely amazing. He did everything to make sure our stay and excursions were nothing short of perfect.

Our second day we came back to our room to find a note from the hotel manager with a free bottle of champagne!

I also requested on the last night that a cheesecake with a candle be brought to our room to sing happy birthday to my best friend in Espanol. This was done with again another bottle of free champagne.

Loved our stay here! Didn't want to leave!

FYI do not exchange your USD at the airport! They ripped us off. Nonetheless Me Cabo was amazing! Can't wait to come back!

Room Tip: Beach view
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
MECabo, Guest Relations Manager at ME Cabo, responded to this review, April 19, 2014
Dear Guest,

I appreciate you taking a moment to share your thoughts, and I’m pleased to hear that you were able to take advantage of so many of the unique aspects that makes our resort, a must when in Cabo. I am happy to read that we could find the perfect room for you to enjoy. I’ll be thrilled to share your kindly words and compliments to Azael, who is a living prove of the top notch service you can find at ME Cabo.

I look forward to welcome you back on your next escape to Los Cabos.

Aura Experience Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
Beverly Hills, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Arrived happy and ready to vacation.
1- suite for $500 a night is just a large room with BAD Furnitures.
2-BREAKFIRST included but drinkable water is an extra $10 per bottle. ( and the weakest buffet ever seen).
3- general manager of the restaurant. Extremely unprofessional and rude. His name ROBERTO ABBAGNALE. HE TRYED TO SHOW OFF mafia style that "he makes the rules". NO WATER AT BREAKFIRST.
4- bad bad service. Noisy personal. Every delivery comes with "do not forget tip"
5- the pool in middle of hotel CLOSED. and the small pool next freezing cold.
And please do not fall for the answers coming from their tripadvisor manager me solis Beethoven . He refused to accommodate anything to make up for these problems.
Please no one to come to this hotel and make sure all ur friends to know. Also me Beethoven promissed me 2 nights free if I am "nice" in my reviews!!!! Still waiting.

Stayed January 2014
Dear Guest,

Please accept my sincerest apologies for an unfortunate, uncharacteristic experience at our resort. The closure that you have mentioned refers to a partial closure at the lower pool which was conducted in order to repair the filtering system, which suddenly has failed. This kind of inconvenient may happen any time and unfortunately it happened when you were here.

I am very concerned by the shortcomings on service and management attitudes that you encountered. We know how your valuable vacation time is, and how important an exceptional service is when you stay at a resort like ME Cabo.

On the other hand, I am surprised that all efforts we have made, in order to accommodate your complaints were not appreciated by you, even when we helped you to 1) find another property to continue your vacation, with no penalty charge for an early departure, 2) we've removed two night's fee of each one of your two rooms from your final bill. 3) we've offered you a two night complementary certificate for your upcoming vacation to Los Cabos, with no strings attached, like you said. The e-mail address you left in our system, is not accurate, due so, we were not able to send the certificate. We believe that our reputation, both via word of mouth and here on TripAdvisor, speaks to our track record and commitment to excellence.

I encourage you to contact me directly at your earliest convenience so that we can discuss everything in greater detail. There’s nothing more important to us at this point than figuring out how we can make things right and avoid similar issues in the future.

Albuquerque
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

But what can you expect when you go to a hotel known for it's parties. Down side is you get woken up by drunk people fighting on their balconies and in the hallways throughout the night. Lots of pretty people here. Otherwise it's a very pleasant place.
I absoloutley loved the spa! The Temazcal was tops, I highly recommend it!
Stay on hotel grounds to avoid vendors, don't go horseback riding because you'll have to go through extra security going back into the states depending on which airport and no one will tell you. Don't buy any vanilla because they will confiscate it since no one tells you how its supposed to be put in a special bag to get back into the states. If you have a flight transfer with a long delay inbetween, expect to go through drug searches every airport, I don't get it. Don't make arrangements with vendors, book it through your hotel to be safe with your money! Not really a good place to rest overall.

• Stayed April 2014
MECabo, Guest Relations Manager at ME Cabo, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at ME cabo. It sounds like you had an enjoyable stay, especially at YHI Spa with The Temazcal experience which is amazing! I regret to hear that the journey back home was not as pleasant as you’d hoped.

If there is anything else I can do at this time to complete your recent experience or to plan a future getaway, please do not hesitate to let me know. I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Redwood City, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Luis Borja made the bachelor party weekend perfect, providing all accommodations and making sure everything we needed was right at hand. Superb service Luis - superb! Looking forward to my next trip to Cabo and it will be at the Me!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank your for choosing ME Cabo to celebrate your bachelor party. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time here, and look forward to welcoming you back soon. Luis is the perfect example when talking about service and personal attention. There truly is no place at Los Cabos like our hotel. If there is anything I can do to help make your next stay even better, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly.

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I visited this hotel, I personally had my doubts since there are so many contrasting comments about it but I wanted to have fun and we did! I wasnt so sure about our shared bathtub but our neighbors and us just clicked, the overall service was great, Jeisa's recommendation for dinner and attention was nice, she gave us access to the green concert wich was good but we enjoyed the pool better at other days!

• Stayed March 2014
MECabo, Guest Relations Manager at ME Cabo, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear Valued Guests,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. It was a pleasure to read about your experience, and we can only hope that the future holds many more opportunities for memories to be made.

I am so happy to read that we were able to clarify all doubts you’ve had before staying with us and you have enjoyed all the special features that you can only find at ME Cabo. It will be a pleasure to share your kindly words with Jeisa; she really is a gem in our team!

I hope to hear from you very soon!

Cabo San Lucas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

Great place to hang out and watch the beautiful people around the lower pool. Can get pricey with bottle service, drinks, and eats. Loud on the weekend, as they warn you. Doors are practically transparent, as you hear everyone coming and going. Great staff. Dog friendly.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

MECabo, Guest Relations Manager at ME Cabo, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Dear Guest,

I appreciate you taking a moment to share your thoughts, and I’m pleased to hear that you were able to take advantage of so many of the wonderful spaces, amenities, and offerings around our resort.

Price and value are primary considerations for us, which is why we strive to give our guests access to the very best of everything, from unique spa treatments to spectacularly fresh, local cuisine and off course, our staff’s personal attention. At ME Cabo, we are delighted to receive the special little members of the family, your pets, and we have exclusive areas, furniture and amenities, specially designed to treat them like royalty.

I look forward to welcome you very soon.

San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

My husband and I were definitely pleased with our stay at the ME. It is in a prime location (if you like to party and be apart of the action) and we were just a few minutes away from the local food places downtown. The staff was very friendly, the maids cleaned our room twice daily, and the view from our room was absolutely amazing. Breakfast was average at best but like I said if you are looking for great food you have plenty of options near by.
The music at night is VERY loud but was expected since there is a club downstairs.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 6th floor for best view.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at ME Cabo. It sounds like you and your husband had a very relaxing visit and you were able to take advantage of our location, which is second to none. We’re delighted to know that your stay was filled with so many highlights, like the amazing view from your room and the attention to detail of the maid service. It also sounds as though there are a few opportunities for improvement at the breakfast. We appreciate your honest feedback about the music being that loud and will certainly look into making the appropriate adjustments. I look forward to have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next getaway to Los Cabos.

Aura Experience Manager

Been to ME Cabo? Share your experiences!