“Excellence” 5 of 5 stars
Review of ME Cabo

You added ME Cabo to your Saves list
ME Cabo
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Playa El Medano S/N, Zona Hotelera, Cabo San Lucas 23410, Mexico   |
Ranked #37 of 66 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Toronto, Canada
“Excellence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Amazing hotel have a fabulous week,great staff,great location walking distance from the marina, staff friendly and courteous ,definitely would stay here again, highly raccomend it if you love party atmosphere see you soon.

Room Tip: All rooms have ocean view , higher floor better view
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
MECabo, Guest Relations Manager at ME Cabo, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear Guest:

I truly appreciate your kindest words and it is a pleasure to read that your experience at ME Cabo was fabulous. All your comments will be shared with all the staff. Thanks for let us know that you will recommend our party atmosphere.

I look forward to have the opportunity to greet you on your next trip to Los Cabos.

Experience Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
Cabo San Lucas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Lovely hotel, the staff and service is excelent. Looking forward to my next visit!! I LOVE ME CABO! If you are looking for not just another vacation but an experience with pappering like no other this is definetly the place for you!!

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

Dear Guest:

Thank you for share your experience with us. It is nice to read that you have really enjoyed your stay at ME Cabo. Using your words, our staff and service are definitely our best assets.

I look forward to have the opportunity to welcome you on your next escape to Los Cabos.

Laguna Hills, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Casa Dorado, Melia Hotel, Medano Beach Cabo San Lucas . Miss leading name title and representation by Interval International Exchange. Book reservation through Exchange company and it was represented as Casa Dorado.at ME , I was expecting to check in only at the ME with my room at Casa Dorado .NOT, I was checked into the ME Melia Hotel, as it is part of Casa Dorado Chain. This was a Hotel not a timeshare owner vacation rental. Over 20 years old and known for "Spring Break type of crowd, noisy and rowdy. Was not rowdy this time of year, but definitely noisy. Saturday night a private party was held pool side at the Nikki Bar for over 900 guest and the Blasting music started at 11 pm and went on until 4 am, and guest leaving by 5 am..with ..my room vibrating to the base music,lazier and flood lights illuminating the walls it lead to a sleepless first night in Cabo. There was NO marketing or signage material saying it was Casa Dorado ME. The Music at the Nikki Pool area started to Blast every day at noon until dusk and then the Disco Thurs-Sat 11pm-3 Am. and then the cleaning staff for the Disco blasted music at 7 am....so if you like to sleep this is not the resort for you.

Sunday morning I decided to start fresh and wanted to spend my first full day sitting by the ocean front pool sipping Pina Colatas.To my ultimate surprise I was greeted by large signs that said "Experience Taken" When I inquired about sign I was told that Friday-Sunday. Lounge Chair- Cabana cost $56.00 PLUS a BOTTLE of Booze! I was told i could use the Kiddy Pool or beach lounge chairs free The area remained virtually empty for the week, even the beach front lounge chairs and bar Sparsely occupied , could be the extreme prices!,
I never wasted one more minute around the pools, bars or restaurants that were far too costly, I was welcomed at the Pueblo Bonito Resorts next door where friendly, courteous staff greeted me and menu prices were affordable.

I was expecting a Studio and received a hotel room. I did not mind, fabulous view, comfortable bed, excellent cleaning staff. Only disadvantage was the limited kitchen supplies was on the floor level shelf (literally, one inch from floor) and I did not consider that sanitary. Bed was excellent, dresser lower quality, TV- few Channels and no DVR as advertised. Received free WiFi because I came in as timeshare owner through exchange program. There was no marketing material in the room regarding Resort amenities, restaurants, or bars. I did not know about Ladies night at the Disco where ladies get free drinks from 9 pm-12 midnight. The Breakfast room service menu did not have prices and I do not order from a menu with no prices especially seeing the pool food menu prices.

The Front Desk Staff was friendly and helpful and the overall appearance of the resort very nice. Would not recommend for Families, Over 30 crowd or anyone wishing a Quiet vacation. As I was reminded several times by the Front Desk Staff "This is a Party Hotel, for the Spring Break Type of Crowd!" Hum.....Perhaps The Marketing Staff should reconsider their target guest!

Room Tip: All room fgace the ocean and Nikki Bar...so sound will come into your room.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest:

I greatly appreciate you have taken the time to share your experience with us. I have personally reviewed the records of your stay.

Please accept my apologies for the situations you have experienced with the special event that we have hosted during your recent stay. It was never our intention to inconvenience you in any way.

If you would be so kind to give us another opportunity to host you in the future, I can assure you that we will work diligently to ensure your satisfaction and you will be pleased with our service. Please feel free to contact me directly at the following e-mail address, emanager@mebymeliacabo.com for make VIP arrangements on your next stay, as a courtesy we will offer a special rate or an upgrade to a better accommodation.

Roswell, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

We are members of Globe Quest as an owner @ Casa Dorado next door, great place. We decided to try ME Cabo as a member of our timeshare for Thanksgiving week. We could only get the studio which was fine because we were there with several friends who had a much larger place @ Estancia and also a very larger fishing boat, so we knew we would not be in the room that much at ME. OMG - they only thing they offer Globe Quest Members when selecting a studio is directly over this horribly loud, late bar thumping and grinding music, Thurs - Sat. It is a miserable experience and when we learned of this we asked either to move or for an upgrade and they said they could not offer. I will never ever stay at this place again, why in the world would any reputable place put a room over such a loud and obnoxious joint and the front desk just said "Oh this is what we are known for"., Well OK, but folks still do not want to hear that until 2-3 o'clock in the morning even if you do come there to party. Come to find out the place was not sold out, they could have moved us easily. Aside from the noise level 3 out of 7 nights, the room was very nice and clean, bed was hard, definitely not Casa Dorado (love that place).

Dear Guest:

Thank you for share your experience with us although this was not as pleasant as you have expected. Please accept a sincere apology. It was never our intention to bother you in any possible way. As you mentioned our hotel is well known for its concept and great ambiance “lounge on midweek” and “party on weekend” but I can see that this time we did not match with your idea for a relaxed vacation.

I look forward to have the opportunity to welcome you back again and try to change the image you already have.

McAllen, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

It is hard to put in words how fun and great our trip was! Let's start by saying that ME Cabo it's "the place" if you are looking for party, young yet mature people and awesome service.

Our room: great view and always clean.

The pool: the best! DJ performing everyday. Tony was so nice!! Eduardo is your "go to" man if you want to have the smoothest vacation!

The food: just ok, nothing out of this world, good service. Sushi is the best option there.

Overall: great location, excellent view, awesome ambiance and great service.

To highlight: Beethoven's personal attention. He was everywhere around us making sure everything was ok. His attitude and service rocks! From the very first time we step in, Beethoven approached to us and made us feel like we were at home!!!!!

Thanks for this awesome trip Me Cabo, for your staff and your manager Beethoven. We will definitely comeback for spring break.

• Stayed October 2013
MECabo, Guest Relations Manager at ME Cabo, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you so much for renew our service spirit with your review and your kindest comments about our service and staff. Tony’s music and attitude are always the best. Eduardo is so helpful and definitely your “go to” man. It really was a pleasure for me to make you feel like you were at home and I look forward to welcome you back on your next trip to Los Cabos.

Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

My husband, adult children, and I have been guests at the ME eight times. We love the location, the service, and the quality of the hotel. We can walk into town in ten minutes. The guest services were phenomenal, especially the manager, Eduardo. He helped us with everything from confirming our flight information, restaurant recommendations, and a complementary bottle of champagne when we were there one year for my husband's birthday!

The ME definitely has a "dance club" vibe on the weekend nights. But we were never disturbed in our room when we needed to sleep.

The pool and pool area are kept clean and the food/beverage service is phenomenal. The swim up bar is our favorite place to hang out!

I highly recommend the ME to anyone visiting Cabo for an adult vacation. It is our home away from home!

Room Tip: Top floor is best for privacy and view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest:

I truly appreciate the time you have taken to share your experience with us. It is nice to read that after eight times, we continue surpassing your expectations and you still planning to return for a ninth time. Our location, our service and the quality are definitely the reasons why most of our guests return even three times per year. I will share your kindest words with Eduardo, our front desk manager, who is a perfect example of ME Cabo’s top notch service.

I look forward to meet you in person on your next escape to your home away home!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

We stayed here at the ME only because we had received a discount from a transaction at Casa Dorada. We were skeptical about how our week was going to go but all things considered, it
was quite pleasant. We were in room 422 which is in the center of the building and it had a
great view of the arches, the water and ships in port. The music can be loud on the weekend
but when we closed our slider we couldn't hear it. We are used to having a kitchenette in our
room and this is mostly a hotel room. We did have a cabinet with a small frig, a microwave and
a service for four and a kitchen towel. It also had a coffee pot but the cord was so short we had to plug it in by the bathroom sink.The TV only had 8 channels, not all in english and no DVD player. They charge for WiFi but because we were considered an owner, it was free. The room was right across from the ice machine and the elevator. The pool area had lots of beds and they also have beds on the beach. We did have the breakfast buffet at Tequila Fusion which was very good but expensive. They did have a party the night of Day of the Dead. The service here was very good, everyone was friendly and helpful. If it wasn't for no place to cook, we would consider staying here again.

Room Tip: The higher rooms have the best view and are quieter but our room 422 was just fine.
Dear Guest:

Thank you for share your experience at ME Cabo. It is very satisfactory to read that we have surpassed your expectations at all senses. Your remarks will be taken into consideration for an early improvement.

I look forward to welcome you once again here at ME Cabo, your home away home!

Experience Manager

Been to ME Cabo? Share your experiences!