“Communications - Are they in the hospitality business?” 2 of 5 stars
Review of ME Cabo

Save Saved
You added ME Cabo to your Saves list
ME Cabo
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Playa El Medano S/N, Zona Hotelera, Cabo San Lucas 23410, Mexico   |
Ranked #33 of 66 hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Newport Beach, California
“Communications - Are they in the hospitality business?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I just returned from ME Cabo after a 5 night stay. First, the noise was never an issue, the issue are with management. From day 1 it was disappointment, did not seem that the left hand knew what the right had was doing! The wireless connectivity did not happen in the room, on the balcony, did not try anywhere else. Asked the front desk for help, they were to send someone....did it happen - NO. Asked for a blender? We don't have those? Guess not for a hotel room which is all we had. TV did not work very well, no movies, no adult movies, no music, no Email or Internet TV, all things that are on the menu....yet none of them worked. Spa was down for reservations, no problem they say, go next door to Casa Dorado! Awesome because I've stayed there twice, only problem is that you needed a pass which front desk could not give you, only the spa could. I requested that spa slide under my door so we could go early? Did that happen - NO!!!

Service at upper pool? Non existent. Lower pool and cabana's? Not a problem as they were free during the week and I did not want bottle service as I had my bottle I the room. Good thing my private driver told me about the outside food rule prior to arrival. What I do in my room is my business.

Express checkout on TV? Nope, again not available. Check out at front desk, all smiles, they ask, "How was your stay?" We replied awful and shared some of the above, the guy had no comment whatsoever! Let me tell you, I am the CFO of a resort in the US Virgin Islands and I can stay anywhere I want in the world. If I had a guest respond as I did I would have instantly called a manager to discuss the issues as communications is key here.

My summation, poor management style, the staff does not know what works, what doesnt' work and what's available in the hotel............all very easy to fix.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
mecabo, Guest Relations Manager at ME Cabo, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Guest:

We are truly sorry to read that your experience at ME Cabo did not meet your expectations. Your comments are well received and taken to change the atmosphere and service. We are working to improve the connectivity all over the resort as well as the service menu that you have mentioned. We thank you for the time that you have spent writing your feedback, it really encourage us to be better. Please accept a sincere apology for the staff miscommunications during your stay and we look forward to have another opportunity to welcome you.

Cordially,

Experience Manager

929 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
Fairfield, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I went here for the day because I read great things about it. it is everything these reviews say. It is extremely noisy all day long with loud music. at the end of the day, 3 girls in bikinis were dancing at the dj booth with signs on their bikini bottoms that read 'eat me'. I kid you not. the beds around the lower pool cost $60 each and you have to buy a bottle of liquor. I was the only person at the lower pool in a one piece bathing suit! all bikini clad and wild. smoking too at pool. the upper pool is free but hardly anyone sits there. no kids here. we had a good time. we ate lunch which was delicious by the pool and stayed mostly at the beach for the spectacular view and quiet. we were going to go to Passion club that night but they were having a modeling show which everyone was screaming about! in a good way! NOT for me or my bf as we are older, 50's. we prefer quiet but I knew going into this what to expect. it was still a fun day. I know my kids would love it, as they are in their 20's. also there are loud places right on the beach outside the hotel, drinking galore, 2 for 1 signs. it is btw, a very narrow beach. our beach at san jose where we were staying was expansive but ME has that view of the rocks! only go if u like drinking, smoking, loud music, dancing fun fun... we used the spa afterward, they were SO nice! food is tres expensive for sure! also it is in the heart of cabo san lucas where all the action is.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
mecabo, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at ME Cabo, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Randy549

We want to thank you very much for your feedback, we are glad to know you enjoyed our delicious food, Spa and have a good time with us in our privileged location in the heart of Cabo San Lucas

We certainly hope that you give us the opportunity to host you and your family in the near future.

Best Regards!
bay area, ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

The location really cannot be beat. Right on the water, great pool right off the water, open windows allow you to hear the ocean sounds. The social rooms include a hot tub to be shared between two rooms and are right off the pool. The staff is hospitable, friendly and very helpful. Food was also very good. Pool scene and music was great.

Only downside is that the rooms are on the smallish side and the late night partiers (4-5 am) can get loud and the sound proofing is not great.

Room Tip: If the social rooms are available, being right off the pool and having the semi-private hot tub is p...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear calbearfan
Thank you very much for sharing your great stay with us, it is very nice to read you enjoyed it and delighted with our staff, Restaurant food and beverages, Pool scene and music.

We are glad to know your book our Social Suite, as their name implies, Social Suites are in constant motion in the centre of the action at ME Cabo.

We look forward to welcome you back soon!,

Best Regards,
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I came down here for a bachelor party and our group had a great time. We also knew exactly what to expect as far as the noise level, etc. I do not fault the hotel for any of the negative reviews regarding the noise level because they do not falsely advertise the experience here. Clearly those guests did not do their research. Do not stay here as a family or for a romantic trip, this is simply not the place. This is a place to come to have a good time and party as an individual or with friends.

The day parties were a lot of fun and the annual white party was a great time. There was great entertainment complete with DJ's, costumes, and electric violinists. The awesome views views from the hotel of Land's End are also very impressive.

What I found to be the problem was more on the hotel management end. The checkout took extra long and there was initial confusion about the name under my room. Although, the front desk finally found it in the system after a lot of work. I really just wanted to check-in quickly and enjoy. Additionally, they gave away one of the rooms reserved to member's of our group the next day. This was worked out eventually, but stressful. The prices for food are very high for mediocrity. But, my biggest gripe is the policy on not being allowed to bring some extra bottles of water into the room from outside. The hotel has no problem with its guests spending tons of money for bottles of alcohol and it is plain dangerous to not allow guests to get proper hydration after a long night. One reason I really like the Riu chain is that you don't get bothered by petty things like having extra bottles of water since its included and regularly re-stocked in your room. I would probably not recommend this hotel (unless for a bachelor/bachelorette party or spring break) based on the fact that it really only excels as a day/night club venue and does not provide good service as a hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Mdlnyc
Thank you very much for celebrating your bachelor`s party with us, we are very pleased that know you enjoyed ME Cabo and thank you very much for your great comments about our entertainment.
I also would like to thank you for investing your valued time and letting us know all your comments and suggestions. We strive to constantly improve our quality of services and to do so thank you very much for your feedback.

Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

This hotel was SO much better than I expected it to be. My friend and I (both 24) stayed at this hotel and we were pleasantly surprised. We had a room with a balcony that overlooked the pool which was loud but not an issue if you are young and you are after a sort of party vibe. The music was mostly just lounge music but got a bit more intense in the afternoon. I can't remember what time this music stopped but it was late but not tooooo bad. We could hear the music from the other club at night though but it wasn't too disrupting. Again, this isn't really a hotel for families/older couples.

The staff were really lovely and helpful. We even had our own lady who walked us to our room and told us about everything we could do in Cabo. According to her we were there at a quieter time (early January) as we had just missed the busy crowds over new years eve. The pool was still quite busy and we met lots of nice people our age when we went down to lay out. Cabanas close to the front pool were quite expensive so we just laid at the back pool.

The restaurant was absolutely delicious! We can highly recommend the sushi :) (Such a Mexican food I know).

We walked along the beach around to the marina and had some food and drinks there. We walked around the streets with our margaritas and went shopping. Make sure you go to Squid Roe... so much fun! Pink Kitty was pretty fun too but not as busy. I can also recommend the restaurant Cabo Cantina - lovely owner and absolutely delicious tortilla soup and cheese quesadillas :)

Room Tip: Rooms looking over the pool are noisy but it's a good vibe if you're in Cabo for a good time...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Callyn83
Thank you very much for your feedback, we are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and delighted with your praise of our staff, pool services, Restaurant food and beverage,

It will be an honor to host you again in a not so distant future!

Best Regards,
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

This year like last I spent 5 nights at the ME Cabo over Memorial Day Weekend. For those who are not in the know, ME is the adult party place with themed or sponsored pool parties every weekend. This year was the 8th Anniversary White Party, complete with stilt walkers, ladies on swings, a performance by Saga, an all girl electric violin and cello quartet and vocalist Elise Van Der Horst. The hotel staff is amazing and very detail oriented. I had several activities planned and the concierge staff handled all of my confirmations. When one of my daytrips was scheduled to be cancelled by the tour company (because I was the only person participating) they promptly booked me with another company. The best part was that everyone there remembered me and my preferences from the front desk personnel to Arturo and Antonio behind the bar. I was booked into the same room as last year as I requested.
This is not a place for kids, hell Cabo is not a place for kids...there are no activities for kids to get into, so leave them home or stay at a family themed resort.

Room Tip: Select an Aura room and make sure the room number ends with 36 or above for the best views from the...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Trevorbord
It is great to know this was the second visit to ME Cabo, Thank you very much for your preference; we really appreciate your valuable feedback and your great comments in general of our property,
We hope see you next year to be part of our spectacular White Party 2014 celebration!!

Best Regards!
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

My husband and i would like to go to Me Cabo with my 3 years old son. i am not sure about the fact that i heard that its very loud and noisy around the pool. Me and my husband like to party but i wouldnt enjoy loud music everyday from morning till night. As of my son we take pretty much everywhere to festivals and around he s used to being around a lot of peple and we like to stay by the beach more. Is it still ok to go with children or its just not possible and i wouldnt like it.
Thanks for your help.
Also what is the food like?

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to ME Cabo? Share your experiences!