“Equal to Villa del Palmar...outdated!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of ME Cabo

You added ME Cabo to your Saves list
ME Cabo
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Playa El Medano S/N, Zona Hotelera, Cabo San Lucas 23410, Mexico   |
Special Offer
up to -15% MeliáRewards
Ranked #39 of 70 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
“Equal to Villa del Palmar...outdated!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I booked this hotel on a special they were having and also because I had gone to Passions on my visits to Cabo. We were there for 9 days and I really expected more from this hotel. The hotel needs major remodeling it is so outdated! Our room had no working tv for a few days they told us the satelite was down. The bathtub drain did not work and would get clogged up. They also gave me and my husband two queens even though I asked for a king. I actually had to move the two beds together to make them one bed. We had a Gecko lizard living in our bathroom. The food is gross and over priced and the staff is just average nothing special. I've stayed at Villa del Palmar which in my opinon was the worst but after staying here I would say this is worse at least over at Palmar our room was way nicer and everything worked. I also chose to stay here because me and my husband are huge house music fans and we wanted to stay at a fun live hotel but this place was dead!!!! I was excited to be part of Nikki Beach but it was dead I never saw or heard it. My husband was beyond disappointed we traveled with a large group who were staying elsewhere and we ended going to their hotel to hang out thats how bad this place was. The other review was accurate about all the noise of painting, fixing and sandblasting. The onlygood thing was the free wifi and how close it is to downtown other than that even at $150 a night its to much their rooms should be $75 a night for what you get. Also they tried to sell me timeshare by offering a free breakfast which required a refundable deposit I tried to get my $20 bucks back and they had me running around to try to get that back only to end up going to an office which was closed so I gave up. I am in the market for a timeshare but after this I refuse to buy with them or Casa Dorada. Horrible.

• Stayed December 2012
mecabo, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at ME Cabo, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Cindyguzman

We want to thank you for your open feedback, Nevertheless, I am sorry to read that not all aspects of your stay meet your expectations. Rest assured that we continually monitor our guests’ perceptions and satisfaction. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. The accountable Department Heads have received copy of your comments and are personally involved in implementing root cause solutions.

Guest Service Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

All of the rooms are old and need to be updated. You can see that the hotel previous to Me Cabo was really old and needed work. The walls in the hotel look like a clay house and one of the two elevators never worked our whole trip. Don't stay in room 411. The room was extremely dirty. There were spiders in the room and what looked to be champagne or water leakage on the walls. Some outlets didn't work. The shower head was so forceful, you couldn't even take a relaxing shower. Due to the water pressure the whole bathroom was a flood. The toilet seat was broken and they gave my boyfriend and I one hand towel. The tv didn't even work. It had to be programmed for us in two different rooms. The food was nothing to brag about and everything is way to expensive. The whole entire 6 nights they were doing construction throughout the hotel. Starting in the lobby area they had plastic all over the floor and were painting the walls. The smell of this mess gave me a bad headache. Every morning when I would get my daybed and you would have to listen to the sound of drills, hammers and heavy machinery like you were on a contruction site. Trying to relax in the sun listening to that aweful noise would make anyone want to scream. The smell of the fumes plus the noise gave my boyfriend and I headaches for the whole day. Because of this nonsense we had to leave the resort and lay closer to the beach where the locals would try and sell you stuff all day. My idea of a vacation isn't having to say "No thank you", every second. They would stand next to you and just wait for a response. Literally every 10 seconds this would happen. This went on everyday. The water in the pool was so cold it was almost unbearable to get in. I work in a 5 Star 5 Diamond hotel and to give this hotel 4 stars and 4 diamonds is just pathetic. We were also overcharged on our bill before checking out. Overall I would never come back to this hotel. We were very dissapointed. This is the worst hotel I've ever stayed at.

Room Tip: Don't stay in room 411. All of the rooms are standard and is a waste to even think of upgrading...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear JenniferLV85

Thank you for you valuable feedback. We want to apologize for disappointed in a numbers of ways; we take great care to ensure that important matters such as this are properly managed, although on this occasion we have clearly not succeeded in meeting your expectations.
I certainly hope that you give us the opportunity to host you in the near future, so you can have a more accurate perception of our services and attention.

Victoria, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Several years my, now ex, husband purchased a time share at what used to be the Melia Beach and Tennis Club. We loved it. The building was a terracotta colour and almost totally covered with a lovely climbing plant, it was very Mexican looking. The location was good and the whole place was quiet and very friendly. Now it has apparently changed hands, and name. I visited it in October 2012 just to have a walk around and see what the new place looked like. I had heard some disappointing things about it. Well, it sure has changed, the outside colour is different, the plant is all gone and it seems to be catering to a very different clientele. The whole outside area around the pool has also changed a lot and I agree wholeheartedly about the horrible, loud techno music all the time. Not relaxing at all. Liven things up night by all means but during the day when enjoying the sun and lounging on the beach it just does not suit. I would never ever go back to that Hotel again, they have not changed it for the better at all.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Omajdee

Thank you very much for your comments; I am truly sorry that your experience was negatively impacted by the remodeling, we really appreciate our guest and we make this with no other objective in mind than to provide the best possible facilities and services in Los Cabos.

Our resort have the perfect match for different type of guest ,As you certainly noticed Nikki Beach Club hosts the best parties in town, starting From Thursday to Saturday, from 1 to 6 and later at passion Club from 9 to 2 am. From Sunday to Wednesday ME Cabo becomes in a place to relax with a sophisticated atmosphere.

I hope that you could give us an opportunity to prove ourselves again, in the not too distant future.

Ucluelet, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

We found the resort to be on the perfect beach and within walking distance of downtown Cabo. Nice relaxing loungers overlooking the beach. Breakfast was basic and average and quite expensive - service at breakfast was also just average. Room was fairly dated. Tried to hook us for a time share presentation on the evening we arrived - gentleman was quite rude.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
mecabo, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at ME Cabo, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Dear retiredjune2008

We want to thank you very much for your comments, It is glad to know that you enjoyed your stay at ME Cabo, being at the heart of San Lucas puts us in the center of the activity, just steps away of Cabo’s most renowned beach.
As per your comments on your breakfast experience and room, rest assured that we continually monitor our guests’ perceptions and satisfaction. We constantly strive to excel and improve our services, so I have gladly shared your comments to our Chef, and Managements in order to improve any opportunity areas.

Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

We just returned from the ME Cabo. We were there for a 40th Birthday Celebration. We were in a Petite Suite which was nice with beautiful views of the Sea of Cortez. I will add pics of the view from my balcony. It was breathtaking. Our concierge Kimmi was phenomenal. She kept us well informed on the resort happenings as well as all the local hot spots and eats. She is awesome!!! We were treated like VIP's. The entire staff was friendly and the concierge even assisted me with my welcome bag for my party. I can't say enough about the resort it's definitely lively here and if you are looking for quiet this may not be the place. Nikki Beach is live on Saturday and Sunday during the day!! For those looking for a South Beach look and vibe this is the place to be. They pay attention to every detail to ensure your stay is relaxing, invigorating. From the spa treatments to the Aromotherapy on the elevator, no detail is overlooked.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear martini78

We want to thank you very much for your comments, Congratulations!! For your 40th birthday we are more than happy to know you enjoyed your special day in our resort pamper yourself with our beautiful view from you balcony at ME Cabo and we are very pleased that you were delighted with your praise of our staff ,Resort facilities and specially our YHI Spa.

It will be an honor to host you again in the not too distant future, at su casa in Los Cabos.

Best Regards!
Miami, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Spent 5 days and enjoyed my time. Room was described as a 'petite suite' but pretty standard. Hotel is very good. Views are amazing. Music is techno, techno and more techno - a variety would be nice. Location is perfect-close to marina. Food was disappointing. After our first meal we ate elsewhere the entire time (bread we were served was moldy). In fairness, we had a private catered dinner on the beach at ME which was outstanding - food was fresh, plating was divine and service was impeccable, all the meals here should be like that. Concierge was extremely helpful.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear TatiSasa
We want to thank you very much for your positive comments and great feedback! As other reviewers have mentioned, our great the location in the heart of Cabo San Lucas and the best beach in Cabo, the service and attention of our Concierge made ME Cabo one of Cabo’s favorite vacation spots.

Also we want to thank you for your feedback regarding variety of music and food & Beverage comments will help us to further improve our service.

Best Regards!
WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Just returned from a 4 night stay at the Me Cabo on Dec. 1st. Our group of 8 (4 rooms) all got The Level rooms, Petite Suites. We all were able to check in right away when we arrived at the hotel around 4:30pm. Kimmi showed all 8 to our rooms and explained everything, she is wonderful!!!
Room: Our room was 6011 with a beautiful view, actaully the view was my favorite part of this hotel (the picture I will attach will be the view from our room). Our room smelled horrible like cigar and cigarette smoke, after the first couple of days and a bottle of air freshner it got better. I could have switched rooms but decided to make the best of it since we weren't in our room much. The bed was comfy but have to agree with other posters that the rooms are small and the lighting is bad. My biggest complaint about the room is there isn't anywhere to put two large luggages, we just kept our luggage out at the foot of the bed and walked around it.

Pool: Each morning we were able to get beds by the swim up bar which was fun. The music was fine, we would prefer to have a variety of music and not just techno but it was fine. After the first day of trecking all the way to the bathrooms by the Passion nightclub we figured out their is a closer one but the swim up bar.

Restaurants: We ate at the restaurant by the swim up bar twice, both times it was good food. The second time we got the sushi and it was really good but very expensive! We had a peanut allergy in the group and it was quite hard to communicate this to the waiters but he didn't risk it and just ate a hamburger instead of the sushi.

Bars: We used the swim up bar each day, always had great friendly service. Went to the Passion club one night around 1am and were not welcomed. We finally left because they didn't want us around the firepits.

Towels: At check-in they give you a room style key to turn in to get towels, you are told that if you loose the card it will cost you $30? each card. I understand they have to have someway to keep track because the pool is open to the public but it was a huge pain in the butt for hotel guests. People would take our towels and in turn, we would have to take others towels that were left. Seems there could be a better way??

Staff: We never saw housekeeping but did a fantastic job, she organized my bathroom area and always cleaned our room in a timely manner. As I said before the staff at the swim-up bar was wonderful and wanted us to be there.

A couple of fun things we did near the hotel was parasail, hit the Mango bar and The office for a Bloody Mary. One of our favorites was the Baja Cantina bar, which has swings at the beach bar and oddly enough had the best Fajita's in Cabo. We also caught the water taxi over to Land's End twice. The people selling stuff gets really old, fast. No fun to sit down to eat and drink and having to say NO THANK YOU the entire time.

Overall: I love the location and the view from this hotel. We usually stay at an Adults Only in the Riveria Maya so this was quite different. The weather was very hot in Cabo compared to Cancun which can be hit and miss but the hotel itself isn't very friendly. It will be a while before I return to The ME.

Room Tip: The Level is worth the upgrade for the view
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear fopcookbook
Thank you very much for you valuable feedback, As other reviewers have mentioned, our property location in the heart of Cabo San Lucas & the best beach in Cabo, made ME Cabo one of Cabo’s favorite vacation spots.

Nevertheless, I am sorry to read that not all aspects of your stay meet your expectations, please accept my most sincerely apologize for the shortcomings.