Just returned from a 4 night stay at the Me Cabo on Dec. 1st. Our group of 8 (4 rooms) all got The Level rooms, Petite Suites. We all were able to check in right away when we arrived at the hotel around 4:30pm. Kimmi showed all 8 to our rooms and explained everything, she is wonderful!!!
Room: Our room was 6011 with a beautiful view, actaully the view was my favorite part of this hotel (the picture I will attach will be the view from our room). Our room smelled horrible like cigar and cigarette smoke, after the first couple of days and a bottle of air freshner it got better. I could have switched rooms but decided to make the best of it since we weren't in our room much. The bed was comfy but have to agree with other posters that the rooms are small and the lighting is bad. My biggest complaint about the room is there isn't anywhere to put two large luggages, we just kept our luggage out at the foot of the bed and walked around it.
Pool: Each morning we were able to get beds by the swim up bar which was fun. The music was fine, we would prefer to have a variety of music and not just techno but it was fine. After the first day of trecking all the way to the bathrooms by the Passion nightclub we figured out their is a closer one but the swim up bar.
Restaurants: We ate at the restaurant by the swim up bar twice, both times it was good food. The second time we got the sushi and it was really good but very expensive! We had a peanut allergy in the group and it was quite hard to communicate this to the waiters but he didn't risk it and just ate a hamburger instead of the sushi.
Bars: We used the swim up bar each day, always had great friendly service. Went to the Passion club one night around 1am and were not welcomed. We finally left because they didn't want us around the firepits.
Towels: At check-in they give you a room style key to turn in to get towels, you are told that if you loose the card it will cost you $30? each card. I understand they have to have someway to keep track because the pool is open to the public but it was a huge pain in the butt for hotel guests. People would take our towels and in turn, we would have to take others towels that were left. Seems there could be a better way??
Staff: We never saw housekeeping but did a fantastic job, she organized my bathroom area and always cleaned our room in a timely manner. As I said before the staff at the swim-up bar was wonderful and wanted us to be there.
A couple of fun things we did near the hotel was parasail, hit the Mango bar and The office for a Bloody Mary. One of our favorites was the Baja Cantina bar, which has swings at the beach bar and oddly enough had the best Fajita's in Cabo. We also caught the water taxi over to Land's End twice. The people selling stuff gets really old, fast. No fun to sit down to eat and drink and having to say NO THANK YOU the entire time.
Overall: I love the location and the view from this hotel. We usually stay at an Adults Only in the Riveria Maya so this was quite different. The weather was very hot in Cabo compared to Cancun which can be hit and miss but the hotel itself isn't very friendly. It will be a while before I return to The ME.
- Also Known As:
- Me Cabo Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Melia San Lucas
- Melia Cabo San Lucas
- Me Cabo Hotel
- Me Cabo San Lucas
- Cabo San Lucas Hotel Melia San Lucas
- ME Cabo Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the finest stretch of beach, as one of the premiere Cabo San Lucas resorts, ME Cabo resort steps down to the sea, its 155 rooms and suites arranged in a terraced embrace of free-form pools and gardens, Bali beds and sunshine. Well known for being a midweek Lounge hotel & a hip-sexy-cosmopolitan weekend Party Hotel Me Cabo holds a cool hypnotic groove. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Splendia, Cheap Tickets, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Melia, Tingo, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your ME Cabo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.