We just returned from 3 quick days in Cabo celebrating our anniversary. We had often walked by the ME on previous trips so we decided to give it a shot.
The website shows very vague photos of the rooms/suites. We chose a petite suite on The Level, in hopes of having an upgraded room and better service. I feel we overpaid for the room we stayed in. The view was spectacular but the chairs on the balcony were cheap plastic and old. The bed was comfortable. An attempt to update the bathroom had been made but the lack of lighting and electrical outlets in the entire room made it difficult to see as soon as the sun set. A screen or something on the patio doors would have been helpful. As soon as it got dark we had to make sure the door was always shut or tons of HUGE black butterfly-sized moth like creatures would fill our room.
Very comfortable and relaxing. We did not encounter any of the loud partying we had expected. It was actually very quiet and a little boring at the pool and the music was awful so we usually ventured down the beach to the more "happening" spots and then came back to the ME for a poolside nap.
We did not encounter the housekeeping staff but our room was very clean and stocked with towels every day. The pool bar staff was very attentive and friendly. Kimmi our Level concierge was very helpful and knowledgeable. The front desk staff is where they seem to miss the boat. The hotel was obviously very slow and empty when we were there. When we checked in we asked if there were any upgraded rooms available. We were already spending extra to stay in a Level suite but we were interested in a nicer room. We would have paid a little extra but the price he was asking for the next higher upgrade was nearly twice as much. Ridiculous. This was for a suite which shares an outdoor jacuzzi with the room next to it. You can see these rooms as you go by the pool and they are NO different on the inside from our petite suite. The free wifi worked great out by the pool and on the balcony. The level lounge was dark and smelled horrible. We tried to use the computer to print our boarding passes but nothing was operating correctly. When we checked out our bill was so confusing and the clerk could not understand our questions. Finally we had to just assume it was correct and get to the airport.
Overall I think the property does have some upsides. You cannot get a better location. We walked to the marina in under 10 minutes. The Office and Mango Bar are right next to the property.
I don't think that we will ever stay here again. I guess having walked by it and looking at the website I had too high of expectations. There are other resorts that offer a higher level of service and understand what it means to cater to their guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the finest stretch of beach, as one of the premiere Cabo San Lucas resorts, ME Cabo resort steps down to the sea, its 155 rooms and suites arranged in a terraced embrace of free-form pools and gardens, Bali beds and sunshine. Well known for being a midweek Lounge hotel & a hip-sexy-cosmopolitan weekend Party Hotel Me Cabo holds a cool hypnotic groove. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Melia, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your ME Cabo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Me Cabo Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Melia San Lucas
- Melia Cabo San Lucas
- Me Cabo San Lucas
- Cabo San Lucas Hotel Melia San Lucas
- ME Cabo Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos