“Couples weekend after Hurricane Sandy” 4 of 5 stars
Review of ME Cabo

Save Saved
You added ME Cabo to your Saves list
ME Cabo
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Playa El Medano S/N, Zona Hotelera, Cabo San Lucas 23410, Mexico   |
Ranked #35 of 66 hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Colts Neck, New Jersey
“Couples weekend after Hurricane Sandy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We got out of New Jersey after two weeks without power, water or toilets to arrive in beautiful Mexico. This hotel is absolutely beautiful ! Very upscale and modern. The rooms are gorgeous. The problem is NOISE. OUR ROOM WAS 3 floors over the all night disco. Now we like to party like animals, but this place goes all night and day. We had to move our room because after the first night because of the noise. Our floor was vibrating! The hotel was vey accommodating and moved us around the corner. Much better. The hotel is geared for 30 something's. The DJ plays all day and you cannot catch a nap without earplugs. Most of the woman had on G-strings so the men were going crazy. Otherwise the hotel was nice with a swim up bar. This was my first time in Mexico and the thing that really surprised me was that the beach wasn't that nice. There are people selling jewelry, hats dresses, etc and you don't get a minute of peace. The sand was gravelly and much coarser than the beautiful Jersey shore. Also clean , crowded and very
narrow. The water was beautiful and clean.

Room Tip: Don't go over the disco! Go oceanfront for sleep
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
mecabo, Guest Relations Manager at ME Cabo, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear coltsneckgirl

Thank you very much for your great comments regarding ME Cabo, we are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

As you certainly noticed Nikki Beach Club hosts the best parties in town, starting From Thursday to Saturday, from 1 to 6 and later at passion Club from 9 to 2 am. I’m glad to know you enjoyed your room new assignment; we take great care to ensure that important matters such as this are properly managed succeeded in meeting your expectations.

Our sincere thoughts and prayers are with you and all the tragedy that occurred during Hurricane Sandy.

Best Regards!

982 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

My Wife & I Just Got Back From Me Cabo We Stayed For 3 Nights. Hotel Is In A Perfect Location. The Rooms & Hotel Are Very Clean. Before Arriving I Emailed The Hotel And Asked For A Room Furthest Away From The Night Club Because Of All The Reviews Of The Noise Levels Being Too High. Our Concierge Kimmi Responded To My Email Within 15 Minutes & Was Very Accomadating To Our Request. Plus With The AC Running In The Room You Can Barley Hear Any Noise Coming From Outside.

She Also Recommended 3 Resteraunts Within Walking Distance & Every Resteraunt
She Gave Us Were 5 Star. The Pool Area Was Playing Techno Music But You Can To Lounge Near The Beach Area Instead Of By The Pools. So Basically You Can Still Relax While
Staying At Me Cabo But If You Want To Party They Will Not Stop You. The Spa Is Very Nice Too. I Would Say The Only Drawback Is Weak Wifi Signal In The Hotel & 100% Techno Music
It Would Be Cool If They Mixed It Up A Little Bit.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
mecabo, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at ME Cabo, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear doleh23

Thank you very much for your comments, we are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and delighted with your praise of our staff especially with Kimmi she was more than happy for your great review and certainly she has a wonderful memory of you.

We really appreciate your valuable comments and suggestions for Wifi and music, we make sure to improve these opportunity areas.

It will be an honor to host you again in not distant future!

Best Regards,

Plymouth, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

I knew that there would be a techno disco in the evening, what I didn't realize was that there are huge speakers that blare the music so loud at the pool Thurs-Sun that you can't even talk, then a couple of hours of quiet then the club starts up and it is both inside and outside until 3 am. Even some of the younger crowd said they stay elsewhere to have a little quiet and just come here to party.

Also, they are water blasting the outside walls getting them ready to paint, so I have been listening to that all day. Couldn't sit on the balcony due to major water spray. It was suppose to stop at 6pm, but so far still going on the wall right outside our room. 2 more weeks before they are finished.

On the plus side, love the location on the beach! Everything is very clean and well taken care of. Halls are very dimly lit.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear DetroitGuru,

Thank you very much for your comments; I am truly sorry that your experience was negatively impacted by the remodeling, we really appreciate our guest and we make this with no other objective in mind than to provide the best possible facilities and services in Cabo San Lucas.

Our resort have the perfect match for different type of guest ,As you certainly noticed Nikki Beach Club hosts the best parties in town, starting From Thursday to Saturday, from 1 to 6 and later at passion Club from 9 to 2 am. From Sunday to Wednesday ME Cabo becomes in a place to relax with a sophisticated atmosphere.

I hope that you could give us an opportunity to prove ourselves again, in the not too distant future.

Vancouver, BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Just got back from 5 days in Cabo. Did a golf trip with my friends over the American Thanksgiving weekend. The hotel was great. I rented a Nikki Suite facing the pool and did not find it noisy at all -- even on Saturday. The airconditioner in the room drowns out most noise and even with it off -- the sounds from outside are muted -- so I disagree with the other reviews here in terms of noise. The pool was amazing -- great hot weather and very good food and beverage service. The quality of the food was above average.

One of my friends booked the presidential suite which I got to see. It has an amazing huge deck and whirlpool that overlooks the entire bay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
mecabo, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at ME Cabo, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Dear Vancouverbraces

Thank you very much for celebrating thanksgiving weekend with us, this such special date with your special friends, we are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and delighted with your praise of our staff, pool services and restaurant services,

We are glad to know your friend book our ME Cabo's exquisite Presidential suite newly remodeled, with Privileged location facing the famous Land’s End.

It will be an honor to host you again in not distant future!

Best Regards,

Duvall, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

We stayed at ME Cabo a few years ago, before they changed the style of the resort. It was a quieter resort before. Now it caters more to part types. If you're looking for business gatherings or relaxation, this may not be the resort for you. If you are looking for non stop partying, welcome.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Dear Jonny L

Thank you very much for your comments; it is great to know this was the second visit to ME Cabo, Thank you very much for your preference.

Mr. Jonny L, I hope that you could give us the honor to host you again, in the not too distant future.

Best Regards!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I was so excited to stay at ME Cabo bc I had been to ME Cancun and LOVED it!

Maybe it was bc I was a little queasy after the long flight, or maybe it was bc my expectations were too high but when we drove up to our "home for a week", I was kind of disappointed. ME Cabo's facade isn't that extravagant ... but hey, its just the front of the building.

After getting settled and having been there for 8 days, my overall impression of ME Cabo is that it was probably one of the most chic hotels when it was designed but could now use a little ... something.

For someone who hasn't traveled too much, I think it would be a VERY impressive hotel but compared to ME Cancun, which is what I had in mind ... it doesn't match up. Don't get me wrong, its a VERY NICE hotel and its location CAN NOT BE BEAT!
But, the little things, like, the outdoor spa space being so small, the beach being so narrow (which isn't really the hotel's fault), the lack of options for on-site restaurants, the music without words being played unnecessarily loud poolside by day and at Passions by night, the ridiculously dark elevators, the time share people ... those are the kind of things that I wasn't that fond of.

The Rundown ...

Rooms: Nice rooms. Comfortable beds. Nice balcony with chairs and a table.Room was clean, spacious. It seemed like the hotel was a "U"-shape with all room facing the interior, so depending on where your room is you'll have a view of something. Our room was in a PERFECT location in the middle of the "U" so we had an awesome view! We did notice that every now and again there was a weird smell in the bathroom area (not bc of us) that was almost like sulfur ... Idk if that's a water thing in Cabo or a plumbing thing. Overall the rooms were very nice!

Environment: Music is generally "electronica/dance" without words. Thursday - Saturday night it's pretty loud poolside. Part of Passion club is outdoors and when they have a party, the music can be heard throughout the hotel. Sometimes the party is even in the lobby of the hotel. It didn't bother us, but if you're a light sleeper, bring earplugs. I know they hype up Nikki Beach and I was really looking forward to seeing what it was all about but I'm still not sure if it was the restaurant or the poolside DJ area ... it didn't get really crowded or crazy party-like while we were there. That's what I was expecting but it was more just loud music with a few people dancing by the DJ.

Pools: There are 2. Usually on the cold side until the afternoon, then nicely refreshing. Bar in the middle of the pool closest to the beach. When there is a "pool party", the beds for the pool closest to the beach are reservation (and payment) only so if you don't want to pay for a bed poolside, make sure to grab one by the other pool early. There aren't many, so make sure you claim one before they're taken. I think you can also grab one of the few beds on the beach without paying also.

Restaurants: We only ate at the poolside grill. Food was good. Normal hotel restaurant prices. Someone had told us they have a buffet at the other restaurant for breakfast, $20, but we always chose to go out and about for breakfast. OH, and they have a 2for1 special on drinks poolside, I think from 11-1. No one told us this until we asked, so ASK, and take advantage of it!

Spa: Nice, Looked clean. I didn't use it. It was kind of small and the outdoor part with the hydrotherapy was very small. They also have the rooms for massages outdoors. They seems nice, but again, I didn't use any of the spa services.

Location LOCATION LOCATION: Can not get a better spot!!! You can walk everywhere and feel safe. On the beach, if you turn right, you will walk by all the great spots like The Office and Mango Deck. No questions about it, the hotel is in a GREAT SPOT!

Staff: Hmm ... i don't know ... Our housekeeper was very nice and did a good job.There was one concierge woman that was VERY helpful. The front desk wasn't so impressive until the second to last day. The man that helped us and the man who took us to see other rooms were VERY nice and VERY helpful. To me, at ME Cancun it seemed like the staff were falling all over themselves to help you in any way they could (maybe it was bc I was staying in a room on The Level?) but in ME Cabo it felt more like hit or miss with the staff.

OVERALL, good hotel, clean, nice design, comfortable beds, great location. If I went to Cabo again I don't know that I would stay here again but I'm glad I chose it for this vacation! Brought home some awesome pictures and great memories!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
mecabo, Guest Relations Manager at ME Cabo, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
"Dear MichelleMS4
We thank you for selecting ME Cabo for your recent Cabo vacation! We really appreciate for your continued preference and for the wonderful comments in general of ME Cancun and ME Cabo.
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed and abundant review! We are very pleased to know that most aspects of your stay were to your satisfaction and that the room’s size and appointment, Comfortable beds. Nice balcony, the services and facilities at the YHI Spa, quality of food & beverage and OUR Privileged location at Medano Beach the best beach in Cabo, met or exceeded your expectations. Great!

Ms. MichelleMS4, I certainly hope that you give us the opportunity to host you in the near future, at su casa in Los Cabos.

"
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We we treated with one of the most picturesque views from the lobby that we have ever seen. However, the techno music was the loudest that we had ever heard all day and into the night. Saturday is definitely a full tilt techno pool party. However, we survived and Sunday was still an ongoing pool party but the music volume was more tolerable. However, we survived the weekend and during the week there was no ongoing pool party. The beach and location of the hotel are great for easy walking everywhere. Lots of good to great restaurants within an easy walk on the beach or nearby. We liked everything about this place as far as rooms and service. The only negative for us was the all day and late night party by the pool on Saturday.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear mrhackerott

Mr. Mrhackerott, I certainly hope that you give us the opportunity to host you in the near future, at su casa in Los Cabos.

Experience Manager.

Been to ME Cabo? Share your experiences!