“Much too loud!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of ME Cabo

Save Saved
You added ME Cabo to your Saves list
ME Cabo
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Playa El Medano S/N, Zona Hotelera, Cabo San Lucas 23410, Mexico   |
Ranked #33 of 66 hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Plymouth, Michigan
“Much too loud!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

I knew that there would be a techno disco in the evening, what I didn't realize was that there are huge speakers that blare the music so loud at the pool Thurs-Sun that you can't even talk, then a couple of hours of quiet then the club starts up and it is both inside and outside until 3 am. Even some of the younger crowd said they stay elsewhere to have a little quiet and just come here to party.

Also, they are water blasting the outside walls getting them ready to paint, so I have been listening to that all day. Couldn't sit on the balcony due to major water spray. It was suppose to stop at 6pm, but so far still going on the wall right outside our room. 2 more weeks before they are finished.

On the plus side, love the location on the beach! Everything is very clean and well taken care of. Halls are very dimly lit.

• Stayed November 2012
mecabo, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at ME Cabo, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear DetroitGuru,

Thank you very much for your comments; I am truly sorry that your experience was negatively impacted by the remodeling, we really appreciate our guest and we make this with no other objective in mind than to provide the best possible facilities and services in Cabo San Lucas.

Our resort have the perfect match for different type of guest ,As you certainly noticed Nikki Beach Club hosts the best parties in town, starting From Thursday to Saturday, from 1 to 6 and later at passion Club from 9 to 2 am. From Sunday to Wednesday ME Cabo becomes in a place to relax with a sophisticated atmosphere.

I hope that you could give us an opportunity to prove ourselves again, in the not too distant future.

925 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
Vancouver, BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Just got back from 5 days in Cabo. Did a golf trip with my friends over the American Thanksgiving weekend. The hotel was great. I rented a Nikki Suite facing the pool and did not find it noisy at all -- even on Saturday. The airconditioner in the room drowns out most noise and even with it off -- the sounds from outside are muted -- so I disagree with the other reviews here in terms of noise. The pool was amazing -- great hot weather and very good food and beverage service. The quality of the food was above average.

One of my friends booked the presidential suite which I got to see. It has an amazing huge deck and whirlpool that overlooks the entire bay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
mecabo, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at ME Cabo, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Dear Vancouverbraces

Thank you very much for celebrating thanksgiving weekend with us, this such special date with your special friends, we are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and delighted with your praise of our staff, pool services and restaurant services,

We are glad to know your friend book our ME Cabo's exquisite Presidential suite newly remodeled, with Privileged location facing the famous Land’s End.

It will be an honor to host you again in not distant future!

Best Regards,

Duvall, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

We stayed at ME Cabo a few years ago, before they changed the style of the resort. It was a quieter resort before. Now it caters more to part types. If you're looking for business gatherings or relaxation, this may not be the resort for you. If you are looking for non stop partying, welcome.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Dear Jonny L

Thank you very much for your comments; it is great to know this was the second visit to ME Cabo, Thank you very much for your preference.

Mr. Jonny L, I hope that you could give us the honor to host you again, in the not too distant future.

Best Regards!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I was so excited to stay at ME Cabo bc I had been to ME Cancun and LOVED it!

Maybe it was bc I was a little queasy after the long flight, or maybe it was bc my expectations were too high but when we drove up to our "home for a week", I was kind of disappointed. ME Cabo's facade isn't that extravagant ... but hey, its just the front of the building.

After getting settled and having been there for 8 days, my overall impression of ME Cabo is that it was probably one of the most chic hotels when it was designed but could now use a little ... something.

For someone who hasn't traveled too much, I think it would be a VERY impressive hotel but compared to ME Cancun, which is what I had in mind ... it doesn't match up. Don't get me wrong, its a VERY NICE hotel and its location CAN NOT BE BEAT!
But, the little things, like, the outdoor spa space being so small, the beach being so narrow (which isn't really the hotel's fault), the lack of options for on-site restaurants, the music without words being played unnecessarily loud poolside by day and at Passions by night, the ridiculously dark elevators, the time share people ... those are the kind of things that I wasn't that fond of.

The Rundown ...

Rooms: Nice rooms. Comfortable beds. Nice balcony with chairs and a table.Room was clean, spacious. It seemed like the hotel was a "U"-shape with all room facing the interior, so depending on where your room is you'll have a view of something. Our room was in a PERFECT location in the middle of the "U" so we had an awesome view! We did notice that every now and again there was a weird smell in the bathroom area (not bc of us) that was almost like sulfur ... Idk if that's a water thing in Cabo or a plumbing thing. Overall the rooms were very nice!

Environment: Music is generally "electronica/dance" without words. Thursday - Saturday night it's pretty loud poolside. Part of Passion club is outdoors and when they have a party, the music can be heard throughout the hotel. Sometimes the party is even in the lobby of the hotel. It didn't bother us, but if you're a light sleeper, bring earplugs. I know they hype up Nikki Beach and I was really looking forward to seeing what it was all about but I'm still not sure if it was the restaurant or the poolside DJ area ... it didn't get really crowded or crazy party-like while we were there. That's what I was expecting but it was more just loud music with a few people dancing by the DJ.

Pools: There are 2. Usually on the cold side until the afternoon, then nicely refreshing. Bar in the middle of the pool closest to the beach. When there is a "pool party", the beds for the pool closest to the beach are reservation (and payment) only so if you don't want to pay for a bed poolside, make sure to grab one by the other pool early. There aren't many, so make sure you claim one before they're taken. I think you can also grab one of the few beds on the beach without paying also.

Restaurants: We only ate at the poolside grill. Food was good. Normal hotel restaurant prices. Someone had told us they have a buffet at the other restaurant for breakfast, $20, but we always chose to go out and about for breakfast. OH, and they have a 2for1 special on drinks poolside, I think from 11-1. No one told us this until we asked, so ASK, and take advantage of it!

Spa: Nice, Looked clean. I didn't use it. It was kind of small and the outdoor part with the hydrotherapy was very small. They also have the rooms for massages outdoors. They seems nice, but again, I didn't use any of the spa services.

Location LOCATION LOCATION: Can not get a better spot!!! You can walk everywhere and feel safe. On the beach, if you turn right, you will walk by all the great spots like The Office and Mango Deck. No questions about it, the hotel is in a GREAT SPOT!

Staff: Hmm ... i don't know ... Our housekeeper was very nice and did a good job.There was one concierge woman that was VERY helpful. The front desk wasn't so impressive until the second to last day. The man that helped us and the man who took us to see other rooms were VERY nice and VERY helpful. To me, at ME Cancun it seemed like the staff were falling all over themselves to help you in any way they could (maybe it was bc I was staying in a room on The Level?) but in ME Cabo it felt more like hit or miss with the staff.

OVERALL, good hotel, clean, nice design, comfortable beds, great location. If I went to Cabo again I don't know that I would stay here again but I'm glad I chose it for this vacation! Brought home some awesome pictures and great memories!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
mecabo, Guest Relations Manager at ME Cabo, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
"Dear MichelleMS4
We thank you for selecting ME Cabo for your recent Cabo vacation! We really appreciate for your continued preference and for the wonderful comments in general of ME Cancun and ME Cabo.
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed and abundant review! We are very pleased to know that most aspects of your stay were to your satisfaction and that the room’s size and appointment, Comfortable beds. Nice balcony, the services and facilities at the YHI Spa, quality of food & beverage and OUR Privileged location at Medano Beach the best beach in Cabo, met or exceeded your expectations. Great!

Ms. MichelleMS4, I certainly hope that you give us the opportunity to host you in the near future, at su casa in Los Cabos.

"
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We we treated with one of the most picturesque views from the lobby that we have ever seen. However, the techno music was the loudest that we had ever heard all day and into the night. Saturday is definitely a full tilt techno pool party. However, we survived and Sunday was still an ongoing pool party but the music volume was more tolerable. However, we survived the weekend and during the week there was no ongoing pool party. The beach and location of the hotel are great for easy walking everywhere. Lots of good to great restaurants within an easy walk on the beach or nearby. We liked everything about this place as far as rooms and service. The only negative for us was the all day and late night party by the pool on Saturday.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear mrhackerott

Mr. Mrhackerott, I certainly hope that you give us the opportunity to host you in the near future, at su casa in Los Cabos.

Experience Manager.
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

"Me" Cabo is a very nice hotel which is ideally located. You need to take shuttle or taxi from the airport (40 minutes) to get there. Beware of the "timeshare" the moment you get off the plane you will be nailed from everyone about seeing "the timeshare". The hotel is clean as you would expect for a finer hotel. The food is good, the prices are fair. You can see the "Arches" from the hotel and the marina is a quick 4 block walk, the nighlife is the same distance.

The downside to the "ME" hotel is the pounding music, unless you like Techno.

"WE" travel 2 times a year to different locations and i travel every other week for business, so I know it is hard to value people's opinions that dont travel very often and dont have the same taste & preferences.....so it is hard for me to read reviews of people that i dont know........I would stay at the "ME" hotel again if there wasn't techno music( pounding) or at least it changed from night to night for variety....I hope this helps!

Room Tip: we stayed in a upgraded room which gave you views of the pools and the ocean-good choice.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
mecabo, Guest Relations Manager at ME Cabo, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear TrailD

Thank you very much for you valuable feedback, we are very pleased to read your great comments in general for our property,

Nevertheless, we are very sorry to read that you were disappointed with the music; your comments will help us to further improve our service.
I hope that the rest of your stay was enjoyable and you found our staff to be helpful and courteous, and let me express yet again our apology for the shortcomings you encountered.

Sincerely
Guest Experience Manager
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel. Thursday through Sunday. Very nice and helpful staff... Great location and the beach is great as well. If you are into techno music, all the time and loud, this is your place. They have a huge speaker and DJ stage right next to the bar and the pool. Loud techno music is played from about 10am till 7pm. Seems like the music is so loud no one can talk or enjoy the pool. Unless no talking, loud music and poolside dancing is your thing you. Will love the scene. Most of the beds around the main pool seem to be reserved for bottle service. Beach seems to have plenty of beds and seats with bar service.. At 10pm the techno music starts up again near the outdoor bar just under the check in area and lasts till around 2 or after. It's so loud it literally shakes the glasses and TV in the room. The one night I was actually in downtown till 3am I slept fine. Other than that don't plan on sleeping before 2 or 3 am. EVER....

Young crowd, not really kid friendly......

Room Tip: Request a room as close to the beach as possible. That way the techno music played till 3am. Won...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
mecabo, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at ME Cabo, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Dear 20Mika2012,

Thank you for your Comments, We take all comments in consideration and we take them very seriously. Nikki Beach Club hosts the best parties in town, Starting From Thursday to saturday, from 1 to 6 and later at passion Club from 9 to 2 am. From Sunday to wednesday ME Cabo becomes in a place to relax with a sophisticated atmosphere.

Our Staff is always looking to serve all our guests and leave great impressions. We are sorry this was not accomplished. We will look into this in order to improve our standards.

Thank you!

Sincerly,

Me Cabo Experience Manager
emanager@mebymeliacabo.com

Been to ME Cabo? Share your experiences!