“Overall good experience, but probably would not stay again.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Tesoro Los Cabos

You added Tesoro Los Cabos to your Saves list
Tesoro Los Cabos
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Blvd. Marina Lotes 9 y 10 | Col. Centro, Cabo San Lucas 23410, Mexico   |
Ranked #44 of 65 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
“Overall good experience, but probably would not stay again.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Chose the Tesoro resort for a quick weekend stay in Los Cabos. We heard that it was a decent hotel to stay in near the Marina. From the outside looking in, it does seem like a really nice hotel, but I'd have to say that it wasn't as nice as we'd hope. The pool was great though and the complimentary breakfast was great. The staff was hit or miss, some of them were helpful and others were NOT. Overall, it was a good experience, but I don't think we'll go back.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (419)
Boulder, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Erick at the Skypool was amazing. He remembered what drinks we liked from day to day, our room numbers and took care of us with food and drinks. Great Service!!!!

Due to Spring Break the noise from the kids talking or running in the hall way was very loud within the room. The internet was awful, I tried to work from my room and had all kinds of problems with it. The front desk was not very friendly in helping me resolve the issue.

Minneapolis, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Traveled to Cabo San Lucas and stayed here with my wife and another couple, staying 10 days. We all had a wonderful time. We paid for the breakfast plan which was a daily breakfast buffet. Our only complaints were 1) The wifi (which is not free) was painfully slow, when we could get a signal. For what it's worth, I was told by one of the concierge people the antennas have yet to be repaired from the hurricane damage, although I don't understand why they charge so much for such unreliable service. 2) A coffee maker is provided in the room, but the coffee itself was free only the first night. My wife was a little irritated with that.

The room we had (412) was not the easiest to get to, but it had a balcony overlooking the marina which was a nice feature. The room was pretty small (no chairs to sit on inside the room), but it was clean and the bed was super comfortable. Besides, we're not there to sit in our room.

There were a lot of spring breakers when we were there, which we could have done without, but nothing really bad happened.

Overall, we loved hanging out by the pool and enjoyed our stay. We would go back.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
dallas, tx
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

-Room-
My wife and I went here for a short vacation. We stayed in the taller building overlooking the pool and the marina. We both believed we had the best room in the hotel. The room was nice and the balcony view was pretty breath-taking.

-Food-
We had buffet breakfast included which was nice. Omelet station, plenty of fruits, cereal and others. We stuck to the omelet station and toast. My wife liked the french toast and pancakes. We also ordered room service the very first night. The calamari and fish tacos. Both of these items were pretty good.

-Staff-
Everyone was friendly to us, but then again, we were also friendly to everyone else. Most speak spanish and if you don't understand, they repeat in English. I love this!! I never spoke so much spanish and it really helped my confidence.

-Security-
Security was pretty tight from our observation. We had wrist bands and you are to display them to the guards when you enter/leave the elevators. Security at the pool was also pretty tight and they did not allow me to take a coke bottle. They allowed the water bottle and said it was an exception.

-Safe issue-
I am giving them 3-stars because I found my safe open while the maid was in our room, however it did not have anything missing. Not only was it open, but it was open in the "locked" position. So there is definitely some funny business going on here. Might I add, We asked her about it and she told me to contact security.

After reading previous reviews before I left, I was aware of the safe issues. So I hid my money elsewhere in the room and not in the safe. I had passports and numerous electronic gadgets in the safe.

-Conclusion-
So outside of the safe issue (and again, we did not have anything missing - that I know of), I think the hotel is worthy of the 4-stars. Because of my safe experience and the numerous other reviews as well, I certainly would not stay here again. To have to worry about who is in your room and finding my safe open is not exactly what I want to be thinking about while on vacation.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I am not writing this review to bash the Wyndham hotel, but I think there should be some things that future customers should be aware of. I'll start with the negatives. I stayed at the resort with a group of maybe 25 people and shared a room with 3 other people. Out of the 4 of us 2 people got their phones stolen and 1 got money stolen directly out of the safe. At first we wanted to believe that maybe the items were misplaced, but its hard to believe that 300 dollars walks out of a safe. As for the phones, my one friend cherishes his phone it is his prize possession and knows that it was removed from the last place he stored it which was in the drawer in between the beds. Also, while we were reporting the matter, two other girls were also reporting money stolen right from the safe which doesn't seem to be a coincidence. You cannot sign in other people that are not staying in the resort which is completely understandable for security reasons, but be ready for the security guards to smell your water bottles and hassle you about bringing them back to the room (which i found to be ridiculous considering you need to buy filtered water). The resort is beautiful however, over looks the marina and is more relaxing than the other resorts (not a bunch of spring breakers going crazy in the pool). On a side note, the security guards circle around the pool like its a prison yard. It states that the breakfast is free, but we had inclusive tickets for breakfast and it was an additional 3 dollars so don't be fooled. Once again, I am completely unbiased and just wanted to let potential customers know how my stay went and what they should expect.

New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

To all who read this review,

I have traveled and stayed at plenty of resorts over the past 20 years, but never have I hated my vacation so much than when I stayed at this particular Wyndham Los Cabos Tesoro resort. I went on my spring break vacation with a bunch of my friends this past week, and I would never recommend staying at this resort to anyone. Two days in, my room was broke into, along with multiple other groups of kids staying at this resort. My safe was broken into, and robbed of hundreds of dollars along with cell phones and other items. We filed a report early on in the week and absolutely NOTHING was done. Unfortunately, the beautiful weather of Cabo wasn't strong enough to get us past the fact that our rooms were broken into. We did not feel safe all week, making this vacation the opposite of enjoyable. We were not compensated or even helped in any way in solving this matter. I am trying to do everyone a favor, STAY AWAY FROM THIS RESORT.

Room Tip: Try the Coronas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

If you are looking for a "spring break hotel" like me and my friends were, then don't stay here. We just wanted to relax and drink by the pool without getting our water bottles and bags checked every single day. I felt like I was in jail, not spring break. Also, there were 35 of us and EVERY single room got broken into and things were stolen. Not just off the floor, but out of our safes. Then we notified the hotel about it and they said "they trust their staff". We were constantly being watched over like children. Nothing is included in the hotel, we had to pay for food, drinks, literally everything. Cabo was awesome and beautiful but I would not stay at this hotel ever again.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends

Been to Tesoro Los Cabos? Share your experiences!