My experience at the Wyndham was both good and bad, and the overall rating probably deserves 3.5 stars. First, the bad. I was in contact with the hotel manager, Leonel Gonzalez, well in advance of my arrival to state my desire of being as far away from the pool and on as high of a floor as possible. He assured me he had personally taken care of it and we would have no worries upon check-in. Unfortunately, we were put in a 2nd floor room directly in front of the pool. To make matters worse, the 2nd floor is where the pool is located, so you could walk out of our patio directly to the pool - no privacy or security. It was literally the exact opposite of what I had asked to receive. We called the front desk and the only room we were given the option to change to had two double beds and was even more directly over the pool. The next day we did change to this room mainly because of the lack of privacy on our patio that connected directly to the pool area, but my wife and I were cramped in the double bed for the remainder of our stay.
Both rooms we stayed in were clean and nicely appointed. The bathrooms and living areas were spacious and upgraded, and the marina view from the 5th floor was amazing. The water pressure in the showers was very weak, however we thought the temperature of the water was more than adequate (many reviewers noted a lack of hot water). The music coming from the pool was not overly loud or obnoxious, but it could definitely be heard through closed doors throughout the day. More annoying was the constant construction being conducted around the property. I heard jackhammers from sunrise to sunset from inside my room each of my five days there.
The location of the hotel is nice. There are plenty of restaurants and bars around and Medano Beach is about a 20 minute walk along the marina. Besides the construction areas, the property was kept very clean and well maintained. I was only asked to attend the timeshare presentation three times and had to firmly tell them no thank you each time. The timeshare pitches really were not a negative factor for me, although for someone not used to the need to be firm, it could be a challenge. You do have to wear a bracelet for your entire stay, which became very annoying for me.
In summary, it was a nice enough hotel that I wouldn't be upset to stay there again. Its biggest advantage is the marina view that many of its rooms offer. But because of my experience and not being able to choose more precisely the type of room I wanted, I will not be going back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cabo San Lucas offers the perfect location for the active traveler, with panoramic views of our beautiful marina and the Sea of Cortez, the city center and a beautiful desert landscape in one of the world's most beautiful and exclusive tourist destinations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, BookIt.com and getaroom.com so you can book your Tesoro Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Cabo San Lucas Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Costa Real Cabo San Lucas
- Tesoro Cabo San Lucas
- Tesoro Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas