“There were ants in the kitchen which destroyed any food...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Tesoro Los Cabos

You added Tesoro Los Cabos to your Saves list
Tesoro Los Cabos
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Blvd. Marina Lotes 9 y 10 | Col. Centro, Cabo San Lucas 23410, Mexico   |
Ranked #45 of 68 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (430)
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

My experience at the Wyndham was both good and bad, and the overall rating probably deserves 3.5 stars. First, the bad. I was in contact with the hotel manager, Leonel Gonzalez, well in advance of my arrival to state my desire of being as far away from the pool and on as high of a floor as possible. He assured me he had personally taken care of it and we would have no worries upon check-in. Unfortunately, we were put in a 2nd floor room directly in front of the pool. To make matters worse, the 2nd floor is where the pool is located, so you could walk out of our patio directly to the pool - no privacy or security. It was literally the exact opposite of what I had asked to receive. We called the front desk and the only room we were given the option to change to had two double beds and was even more directly over the pool. The next day we did change to this room mainly because of the lack of privacy on our patio that connected directly to the pool area, but my wife and I were cramped in the double bed for the remainder of our stay.

Both rooms we stayed in were clean and nicely appointed. The bathrooms and living areas were spacious and upgraded, and the marina view from the 5th floor was amazing. The water pressure in the showers was very weak, however we thought the temperature of the water was more than adequate (many reviewers noted a lack of hot water). The music coming from the pool was not overly loud or obnoxious, but it could definitely be heard through closed doors throughout the day. More annoying was the constant construction being conducted around the property. I heard jackhammers from sunrise to sunset from inside my room each of my five days there.

The location of the hotel is nice. There are plenty of restaurants and bars around and Medano Beach is about a 20 minute walk along the marina. Besides the construction areas, the property was kept very clean and well maintained. I was only asked to attend the timeshare presentation three times and had to firmly tell them no thank you each time. The timeshare pitches really were not a negative factor for me, although for someone not used to the need to be firm, it could be a challenge. You do have to wear a bracelet for your entire stay, which became very annoying for me.

In summary, it was a nice enough hotel that I wouldn't be upset to stay there again. Its biggest advantage is the marina view that many of its rooms offer. But because of my experience and not being able to choose more precisely the type of room I wanted, I will not be going back.

Room Tip: Far away from pool, high floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

we booked the 4night/5day Travelzoo deal for $310. I had read the reviews prior and was a bit concerned, but i can say w/o hesitation that this was a fantastic deal and we had a great stay. The hotel staff (mac) was great about leaving us alone with the timeshare pressure once we announced at check-in that we were not interested. The room was large, bed comfortable and view of the marina great. Food service and pool area were very good as well and convenience of location cannot be beat. Free dinner cruise was what it is, some OK food and drink but a fantastic view of the arch and sunset and a great crew to serve. This is not the newest place, but for the value was a really great stay for us. Hope this helps someone on the fence about it.

Room Tip: higher floors in building with the pool are best
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Tesoro Los Cabos? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Tesoro Los Cabos

Address: Blvd. Marina Lotes 9 y 10 | Col. Centro, Cabo San Lucas 23410, Mexico
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free Parking Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#17 Spa Hotel in Cabo San Lucas
Hotel Class:3 star — Tesoro Los Cabos 3*
Cabo San Lucas offers the perfect location for the active traveler, with panoramic views of our beautiful marina and the Sea of Cortez, the city center and a beautiful desert landscape in one of the world's most beautiful and exclusive tourist destinations. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, BookIt.com and getaroom.com so you can book your Tesoro Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Wyndham Cabo San Lucas Hotel Cabo San Lucas
Costa Real Cabo San Lucas
Tesoro Cabo San Lucas
Tesoro Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas

If you own or manage Tesoro Los Cabos, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.