“In the heart of all you want to see and do” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Cabo San Lucas Resort

You added Wyndham Cabo San Lucas Resort to your Saves list
Wyndham Cabo San Lucas Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Blvd. Marina Lotes 9 y 10 | Col. Centro, Cabo San Lucas 23410, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #46 of 66 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
San Diego, California, United States
“In the heart of all you want to see and do”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

When we first arrived, I was annoyed by all the people selling this timeshare crap, which we got caught up in, so, when I arrived at the Hotel, I was REALLY upset. I was greeted by Ismael and he was very nice and courteous, I appreciate him for putting up with me, but I just wanted to get to my room and relax. We followed up with Claudia, who was extremely helpful. We got stuck with the timeshare "thing" but at least she arranged for us to stay there at the hotel for the presentation vs. going somewhere else AND we got to still do the activities we were promised. DO NOT FALL FOR ANY OF THE TIMESHARE STUFF!! YOU WILL DO FINE WITHOUT IT!! The rooms are nice. The service was great. Location is perfect. I would go back. THANX AGAIN ISMAEL AND CLAUDIA!!! Come to San Diego and see me!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (387)
Lawrence, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Advise people to avoid this place - Scamming money out of you and the security there is like a prison camp, they wouldnt even let my parents up to see our room and they are the ones with RCI, luckily they own down at grand solmar. And they wouldnt let up girls that we knew and met, what a disappointment.Pay the extra buck and stay where people are chill and not low class like this place. Big mistake on my part, can't beat location but this place needs an overhaul and needs to meet the guest requests and if we want to have a girl up to our room, we can. The vibe i felt when I walked around is I felt like we were being watched non-stop even at the pool they asked us what was in our coke bottle and water bottles? Come on , we were on spring break but I will never consider this place again. Outdated, security is really locked down i mean san quentin style ask questions about who you are with where you been etc. We were on spring break but come on , be cool and be chill.

Room Tip: Top floor and away from pool
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

First off, this is from a college student on spring break March 26-30 2013. (2.5-3 stars)

We Booked two separate rooms under two different names and credit cards. Upon check in it took roughly 30-40 minutes for both of us to be checked in even with three staff working the front desk. They were EXTREMELY INEFFICIENT it seemed as if they walked back and forth looking for things; pens, papers, receipts, etc. while simultaneously checking us in, meanwhile a line was forming and they didn't seem to care enough to move any faster. They also seamed to forget that they had already charged us for our first night and were going to charge the entire stay again until I had to tell the lady that I already paid. Also, she said nothing of where anything was located, nothing about how to get to the pool, gym, restaurants and just let us carry on our merry way. This bothered me considering the hotel is pretty confusing and I had to ask multiple people how to get to the gym ( which consisted of 3 treadmills and 2 stationary bikes)

The room was clean enough- some stains on some of the chairs and the kitchen was small and awkward, but other than that it was big enough for 4 girls to share. We got lucky and had a view on the same floor as the pool and our other room was two doors down and opened up to the pool (231)... pretty convenient for us. However, the maids seemed to keep forgetting to refill the toilet paper and I had to make a few calls to the front desk to get more which seamed weird for a hotel. The maids cleaned and moped our room daily and didn't even seam to mind when we were in there.

The breakfast was good, one of the girls on our trip is vegetarian so it was a little difficult for her to eat bread and pancakes every morning but she was a trooper and didn't complain. We found that if you sat outside the service was outstanding, but if you sat inside you could be ignored for 20 minutes at a time.

The pool was gorgeous with a swim up bar, however they told us that you couldn't bring outside water by the pool which is absolutely ridiculous if you as me.

Checkout was frustrating for me because they said one of our rooms was missing the back to to a hairdryer and they want to charge 60 dollars for it. Even though we filled out a form saying we never saw/had a hair dryer to begin with so how can a part be missing to something we never saw. Then they emailed me multiple times in Spanish about it even though I told them to send it in English they never returned my email.

Location was good right on the marina! Enjoyed the room and pools, but their weird rules-- you have to "pay 20 dollars for an extra room key", sign a bill for the free breakfast, can't bring bottled water by the pool, combined with the service was a deal breaker.

biggest problems, was that someone got into the pool speakers- or some sort of bass speakers at 6 AM and decided that they wanted to have a party. We called the front desk and they handled the situation quickly, but they should have apologized at check-out.

Overall, I won't go back - on college vacation or ever. I would rather spend more money for the ME or an all inclusive like the RIU.

Room Tip: Rooms 230, 231, 232 walk right out to the pool (not the best view, but awesome convenience if you do...
Stanford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Location of the hotel was perfect. Very close to downtown, felt very safe and had a great view of the marina, and had very easy access to other beaches, either walking distance or a 5 dollar taxi drive. Also, didn't feel like we were in a very touristy area, meaning it wasn't extremely "Americanized" and the streets and area were incredibly clean. Was also able to explore a bit and find some good hole-in-the-wall Mexican food. While I understand that area on the other side of the Marina are in very commercialized areas. Captain Tony's was also a great place to eat!!! Overall I loved the hotel. Clean and had such a gerat experience there!

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Carlos is a Great manager and a person. I am recommending this hotel because of his hospitality. He is very friendly and will take care of all your guests. It would be better if he was there during the day because the staff is not as friendly when he doesn't work.

• Stayed March 2013
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Upon showing up and waiting 45 minutes to check in, we were booked into a room that had one King bed instead of two queens like we reserved. When trying to exchange the room out we were told that the rooms were given out first come first serve not as booked. So thankfully I booked with my brother and shared the room. Once we got on the room change list we recieved no notice, phone call, or message stating they had changed our room while out on a fishing trip. So upon arriving back to the to the Wyndom some random person walks into our room and quickly shouts profanity. Im sure this is because the front desk gave him our room thinking we had already changed rooms. So back to the desk again, which was no help but to say that we were not registered to the room again and re register our room so we could swip our keys for access. The All inclusive is a sucker bet, your only allowed certain drinks, foods and still have to pay for wifi service. Back to Marina Fiesta us and all our group staying here. Love Cabo San Lucas and the outdoor activities, but wouldnt recomend the stay at the Wyndham. Surely this place is only flying the name. Room 282.

Room Tip: Dont go ALL INCLUSIVE it doesnt help. Plus if you book a two bed dont be supprised when they show up...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Wyndham Cabo San Lucas Resort? Share your experiences!