“Perfect Location and Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Cabo San Lucas Resort

Save Saved
You added Wyndham Cabo San Lucas Resort to your Saves list
Wyndham Cabo San Lucas Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Blvd. Marina Lotes 9 y 10 | Col. Centro, Cabo San Lucas 23410, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #44 of 65 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Whispering Pines, North Carolina
“Perfect Location and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Just finished a wonderful 2 weeks at our legacy timeshare at Tesoro/Wyndham. New pool is fabulous.Great furniture and view of Marina. Love being able to walk everywhere we want to go. Every employee (fr maids to security) spoke warmly to us and made us feel welcome. Yunuen Arriola (YuYu) remains the most outstanding employee we have ever worked with anywhere. She has unsurpassed integrity, customer service,and follow through. Helped us set up honeymoon week for daughter. Appreciate her outstanding service and honesty. Look forward to seeing her each year. She is the Tesoro/Wyndham to us! Also, Carmina Rosa at front desk is quick, smart and very helpful.Great attitude. Pamela at the pool is good too.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
WyndhamCSL, RDM; jmeza@wyndham.com at Wyndham Cabo San Lucas Resort, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
We are excited that Carol E is absolutely pleased with her two week stay at the Wyndham Cabo San Lucas. We thank her for her valuable feedback and for having submitted her kind review. We specially appreciate her assessment of the service provided by YuYu at Member Services and Carmina & Pamela at the Front Desk and Pool area. This type of public recognition is truly motivational for staff members. We sincerely hope to welcome Carol E again in the near future as we value greatly his patronage.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
Marathon, WI.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Just got back from Wyndham in Cabos San Lucas. I had a great time. All the staff that I dealt with, worked very hard to make sure I had a good time. I think some of the poor reviews came from people that were there prior to the new owner or they are miserable with themselves. I did TIP, even though the info says the tips are included. I didn't tip a lot of money each time but did leave small dollar amt. every time I was served.They appreciate it very much and deserve much more.
As for the Maid, she must have been waiting for me to leave the room. A few times I was gone for only a couple hours and my room was cleaned when I returned. She was excellent. I did leave a tip for her also along with a thank you note. Another Gal there kept my fridge full of beer soda and water. The employees appreciate complements as mot people do.
I was treated like, I was a friend vs. just another tourist. I got in late at night, I can't remember the night managers name, but he told me to let him know if there was anything I needed. He went the extra step,both late at night upon my arrival and at 4 am, when I was departing. It take a special person to have that type of attitude at those hours.
I wish I had written down the names of waiters, bartenders, cooks, maids and tour agents, as they were all friendly and helped me get to best bang for my buck and make me feel at home. The food was and service was Great.. A huge menu with a lot of special sea food dishes and american food, just in case you miss a good burger and fries. I would have a very hard time to tell you what is the best to eat as everything I had was excellent. I drank a few of Pina Coladas with a small amt. of rum but a little of Baileys Cream. They tasted like a pineapple malt, VERY Very GOOD!!. I even went through their membership presentations. I got some breaks on prices for fishing and whale watching. They were trying to sell, but the ywere very respectable.
It is a lot different than normal time share sales. I didn't buy but might yet, I have to think about things like that for a few days. They treated me the same even after I said no, to there offer I think right now the want word of mouth advertising about their product and the difference between their plan vs. a time share.
The location in my opinion is the best in the area. In Town,on the Marina and very quiet. Most everything you need is right around the hotel, but if you want to party there are clubs(Bars) that are open until 5 am. There must be some distance between the hotel and party area' very quite after 10:30pm
You could easily stay a couple of weeks and do something different each day, that is what I liked. My wife likes to sit around the pool with a book. I like to explore. (works excellent for us)
If you are too cheap to pay a little extra for a excellent service go some place else If you want drunks making noise all hours of the night and bumping into you,and falling down go some place else.
The best part is they don't expect anything extra, but anything extra is genuinely appreciated. as the people working there deserve so much more.
Went fishing caught a lot of fish. The only problem I had was the next day, my right hand and arm were cramping from reeling in the fish. I went by myself with the captain in a boat called Sushi Time. Inexpensive, personal care and a lot of fish caught and lost. I can not wait to go back. I just hope it stays the way is. I know they have been doing a lot of renovation and there is more to be done, which will make the real estate more attractive. As long as the employees and management continue their way way of treating guests as friends, I will continue to go back.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are quiet at night, but the ocean side may have a better view. The ocean side...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
We are truly happy that Allan A is absolutely pleased with the service received at the Wyndham Cabo San Lucas. We thank him for his valuable feedback and for having submitted such a kind review. We appreciate the public recognition of the service provided by all our staff. We sincerely hope to welcome Allan A again in the near future as we value greatly his patronage. Please feel free to contact me for any future reservations as I would like to personally oversee them.
Brooklyn, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I don't usually write reviews, but here are some of the issues we experienced at the Wyndham in Cabo last week:

-bugs in the room
-dingy bathroom with bad products
-dirty hallways and common areas
-terrible customer service across the board
-inattentive housekeeping
-shower rod fell on my boyfriend while he was in the shower and wasn't replaced for over 24 hours, after multiple requests
-inedible complimentary breakfast
-poor wifi signal
-broken tv and room phone

On the other hand, the location is great, the bed was very comfortable, the a/c worked and our room was spacious. The pool area is really nice (two hot tubs, swim-up bar, cabanas) too.

Room Tip: We were in town with a bunch of friends spread out all over the city, and I had the opportunity to s...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
We sympathize with the reviewer, and truly regret the apparent fact that in this instance, we did not meet the needs and preferences of this particular patron, we offer our most sincere apologies for this. We will act in consequence of her important feedback to enact improvements in the areas she found to be lacking. Value for money the Wyndham Cabo San Lucas Resort is without a doubt, the best option in the Cabo area.
Oakland, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

The location of this hotel is right near the piers and downtown. If you like sight seeing, the boats are close by, in the marina, where you can sail away to the arcs, beaches, and whales (in Jan/Feb). Or if you prefer partying and drinking, the downtown is close by with plenty of clubs (and the marina offers booze cruises as well). I enjoyed the downtown, not just for the dance clubs, but for the quaint little souvenir shops.
In regards to the hotel itself, the service and amenities were great. The pool is beautiful and the staff is always there to help and serve. The room could've been bigger, but we really lucked out with the patio. We were put in the corner of the hotel, which I thought at first was kind of a bummer, but when I walked out onto the patio, AMAZING!! The space was huge for lounging and I had the most beautiful view of the city, shops, and mountainside.
Carmina, Luisa, and the rest of the staff were great! They let us know about the different activities, and helped us out a few times when we locked ourselves out of the room. Wonderful experience and the staff left the room meticulously clean! I wish I would've left a bigger tip!!

Room Tip: Rooms at the corners have huge patios! I stayed on the top floor at the very end and had a wonderful...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
WyndhamCSL, RDM; jmeza@wyndham.com at Wyndham Cabo San Lucas Resort, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
We are so pleased that Jose H enjoyed his stay at the Wyndham Resort, and thank him for having submitted his kind review. We specially appreciate the assessment of the service provided by Carmina and Luisa at the front desk. This type of public recognition is truly motivational for our staff members. We value greatly the reviewers post and patronage and certainly hope to host him again in future trips to Cabo.
Portland, OR
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Horrible experience.

The room itself was adequate and the view of the poll and the marina was nice.

The hotel is old and laid out oddly. We had to enter one building, take elevator to second floor, cross to another building, walk a long distance around winding hallways to the next elevator, then to our floor. Actually, not quite to our floor, because though we had a room number on the fifth floor, we actually had to carry luggage from the 5th floor up a long, very narrow stairway to our room. The entire hotel is very, very noisy from the loud hip-hop/dance music that started in the morning and goes after midnight. If you are 18-20 and want a party hotel that it nowhere near the beach, this is for you. They advertise a free shuttle to Medano Beach - good luck with that. The last one to the beach is about 13:30, so after check in time on your first day. And the first return is after checkout time, so you cannot use on your last day either. (Apparently it drops you off in a parking area on the section of public beach past the Pueblo Bonitas, away from all the beach activities and amenities.)

Staff was not helpful or accommodating.

The breakfast that was included with the room was our worst meal ever in Mexico (how is it even possible to screw up huevos rancheros?!).

Worst hotel experience ever in Cabo or in all the places we have stayed in Mexico.

Room Tip: There are no good choices at this hotel. The noise is everywhere, but louder on the marina side, but...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
We truly regret that we were unable to please PDXvoyager with any aspect of his stay at Wyndham Resort Los Cabos. TripAdvisor members should take note that we have an oddly laid out building and that some rooms on the fifth floor have a narrow flight of stairs to them, nevertheless this are the rooms that have the best breathtaking views of the Cabo San Lucas Harbor and the multimillion dollar yachts docked at this Marina. We do provide a complimentary shuttle to the beach and the drop off is exactly at Medano Beach right in the area where all major water activities take place. We have four schedules to the beach 10.15, 11.15, 12.15 and 13.15 and returning 13.30, 15.30. Guests that do not wish to partake in our complimentary shuttle can also take a private taxi for under $6 USD either way. We are grateful for the included breakfast feedback and promise to do better in the future. I am appreciative of the reviewers feedback, it is through such feedback that we can continue with our ongoing excellence in service program.
Aurora, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

We stayed at the El Tessoro for a week and enjoyed it very much.The accommodations lack in some areas,but were made up for with service and convenience . .There are many inexpensive
places in the immediate area to eat at and activities to experience.The desk clerk Emmanuel was very helpful in making our stay most pleasant. He was very friendly and personable.

Room Tip: Rooms with marina view near the pool.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
WyndhamCSL, RDM; jmeza@wyndham.com at Wyndham Cabo San Lucas Resort, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
We are extremely pleased that Ronandgin truly enjoyed her stay at the Wyndham Resort Los Cabos, and thank her for having submitted her kind review. We specially appreciate the assessment of the service provided by Emmanuel at the Front desk. We value greatly the reviewers post and patronage and certainly hope to host her again in future trips to Cabo, please feel free to contact me directly as I would like to personally oversee any of your future reservations.

Been to Wyndham Cabo San Lucas Resort? Share your experiences!