If you want to catch marlin, hit the night scene or enjoy one of the dozens of AMAZING restaurants with ease this location is for you. When you walk out onto the street you have access to everything Cabo has to offer. My Dad loves that he can grab an early morning breakfast at Captain Tony's and hit the boats. I like that I can walk to any one of nearly a dozen excellent restaurants, and other family members enjoyed the easy access to night life and shopping.
The hotel itself is improving - a lot. They've renovated the pool since we were here 2 years ago. It looks really cool, is fun and lively. It is tricky to get afternoon sun by the pool though ... if you go after 3pm you'll find it hard to find many beds with sun unless you are ok sitting off to the side far away from the pool amongst 100 chairs. If the hotel is busy you'll want to reserve your beds if being near the pool is important or go early. The hotel wasn't too busy when we were there and there were always lots to choose from.
The rooms have been updated and all 4 rooms we rented were spacious with marina views. They aren't luxurious but they are clean and we all found the beds to be pretty darn comfortable. The further away from the elevators you are the less noise you'll hear. The rooms overlooking the pool are also a bit noisy from the music. We were in room 391 and 388 and didn't hear anything really at all once we shut our patio door. Other people in our group with lower #'d rooms complained of a bit of party noise at night as people went to bed.
The gym & spa were closed for renovations so I expect when they reopen it will be quite a good facility. Breakfast was included in our package BUT if you get a package with breakfast MAKE SURE ITS IN WRITING ON THE CONFIRMATION. We experienced a lot of issues because it wasn't on our confirmation and it took 3 days to resolve. We paid for breakfast for 2 mornings and were not compensated for this while we waited for their office to sort it out. It was a very irritating experience and while they admitted it was their fault they did nothing to make it better for us. This is a WYNDAM reservation issue not necessarily the hotel but the hotel did nothing to help us resolve it - making us call Wyndam reservations to sort it out.
A few things you should know:
- if you want to spend time on the beach you're going to have a 20 minute walk to get there. I like the walk because I ate so much that it gave me a chance to walk it off but others may not like it. There is the option to take the water taxi to the beach. If you do this I highly recommend you book it (and all your tours and activities) through Victor who you can find at Salomon's Landing - more on that in a second. You can expect to pay about $3/per person each way to go to the beach and if you don't use Victor for the return you can also expect to pay $1/per person to get off the dock.
- You don't need to bring beach towels. You can get towels from the pool to take to the beach (no charge)
- Don't do any shopping when the cruise ships are in town ... here's an example of why. We were looking at a ring. Monday $40 was the price they started at. Tuesday (cruise ship day) they started at $130. Wednesday $35. We bought it for $20. EVERYTHING is at least double on cruise ship day at the markets and shops. Also when someone asks you if you've been to Cabo before or whether you know how cabo works you can rest assured that they are trying to figure out whether you know that most of the folks live off tips and don't have salaries OR they are trying to determine how high they can start the bidding with you.
- They WILL invite you to a time share presentation when you arrive. Politely decline and they will leave you alone for the rest of the time you're there. If you really want to listen to the presentation to get the freebies go ahead but we know someone who owns 2 units in the building and their annual fees are the same as what we paid for a week and our week included breakfast ... just saying. ;)
Final tip ... we are a family of negotiators. We shop around a lot. My Dad especially likes to negotiate so he walks around asking everyone what they'll charge for a tour or this or that. When it came to fishing, ATVs, wave runners, and tours we got the absolute best price on everything through Victor at Salomon's landing. The only thing he wasn't a better price on (he was the same as the best we negotiated on the beach) was the ATV tour. Plus he took care of us and always made sure we were happy with what we got.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cabo San Lucas offers the perfect location for the active traveler, with panoramic views of our beautiful marina and the Sea of Cortez, the city center and a beautiful desert landscape in one of the world's most beautiful and exclusive tourist destinations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, BookIt.com and getaroom.com so you can book your Tesoro Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Cabo San Lucas Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Costa Real Cabo San Lucas
- Tesoro Cabo San Lucas
- Tesoro Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas