“Disappointed with Pool Area (aka Techno Club)” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Tesoro Los Cabos

You added Tesoro Los Cabos to your Saves list
Tesoro Los Cabos
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Blvd. Marina Lotes 9 y 10 | Col. Centro, Cabo San Lucas 23410, Mexico   |
Ranked #46 of 69 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Chicago, Illinois
“Disappointed with Pool Area (aka Techno Club)”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

This is our second time here and couldn't wait for the pool renovation. The renovation itself is fabulous, but they play techno music the entire time / club atmosphere - not relaxing a bit and not for kids.

Overall, the rooms were nice and the location was fabulous. We actually moved here from RIU to be closer to town. Very disappointing final few days of trip.

Room Tip: You have to go up a flight of stairs without an elevator on some of the rooms. I don't recommend...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
WyndhamCSL, Front Office Manager at Tesoro Los Cabos, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
We are truly sorry for not being able to provide the reviewer the Resort stay he was expecting, I certainly understand the reviewers’ concerns and comments and can assure you that the hotel strives to make every guest stay a memorable experience. I sincerely apologize to the reviewer for the loud music in the Skypool | Dayclub. Thank you again for your feedback. Please know that we value your patronage and when your travel plans bring you back to the Cabo San Lucas area, I will be happy to host you again under more pleasant circumstances.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (448)
Whitehorse, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

I stayed at the Wyndham the first week in Nov. for the Tuna tourney this is my second year .The marina view rooms are large and comfortable .We had one on the new pool area deck which is beautiful great new pool furniture , swim up bar ,hot tub .And the location of the hotel is central and handy to everything.That being said the security guys were thugs there was a bald tattooed fellow that was harassing guests by the pool for anything he could come up with.Then came the yellow tape they just started randomly taping off sections including my deck to my room,what?
Overall nice hotel just clowns running the deck area......

Room Tip: Not next to the pool can"t use it due to "security" and pool staff that would rather...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
WyndhamCSL, Guest Relations Manager at Tesoro Los Cabos, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
I thank the review for his generally positive review and apologize for the alleged troubles experienced with our Skypool | Dayclub Security personnel, we will act in consequence of his valuable feedback in order to enact improvements in these area. I hope to have the opportunity to serve the reviewer in the near future, and can assure him that upon his return he will see the improvements in this area.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

The staff at the Wyndham/Tesoro Resort is just incredibly kind and helpful, especially I remember Alan Glaus, who helped me so much carrying my heavy luggage always with a smile, without expecting any tip. I will be always grateful to Memo and Laura Sosa, who work for the Tourist office at the Wyndham, they made unforgettable my holiday. They suggested me the most interesting tours, the best deals and they protected me making safe, easy and fun everything. Memo and Laura welcomed me and straightaway I felt very safe and happy: Cabo San Lucas became so familiar to me like a second home: I was surrounded by good people in a beautiful country. I was a woman alone when I arrived and when I left, I had new friends. Mexican are reliable, honest, generous, hospitable, creative and extremely good-hearted. Best people I have ever met in my life.
The Wyndham Hotel is not expensive at all. It is located in the heart of the Marina and it is close to everything: the pubs, the restaurants, the beautiful beach of Lovers’ Beach, the flea markets, the shops, the mall, the taxi, the buses and most of the tours to Baja California started from that pretty Mexican village, with its small roads, its white walls and colored murals, cactus, flowers and beautiful children.
The room I got at the Wyndham was very clean, comfortable and very quite at night. The view from my balcony it was just like a picture: the marina with hundred of boats, the ocean, the hills with the small villages. At sunrise I loved watching the boats and the fishermen going to fish. I could not wait the morning to have a rich breakfast at the Azul Lighthouse, next to the Hotel.
At the rear of the Wyndham there is the Zarah Spa, where I had an amazing pampering experience. Two experienced beauticians Lily G., a young professional masseur and the owner, a beautiful therapist with great knowledge of natural beauty. After a fabulous massage, I had a facial, a manicure and a pedicure done. I felt fantastic! It was night, the treatments ended and I was hungry. At that time the kitchen in the restaurants is closed, but when I arrived at the restaurant next to the Zarah Spa, there was a plate on the table with food waiting for me. Earlier Lily and the beautician had ordered it to the chef for me!!!
When I came back to Manhattan my colleagues told me I looked ten years younger!
What a beautiful holiday and all happened around the Wyndham Hotel!
I miss all of you!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
WyndhamCSL, Front Office Manager at Tesoro Los Cabos, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
We are so pleased that cristinameneghetti had such a beautiful holiday and that it all happened around the Wyndham Cabo San Lucas Resort. We thank her for having submitted her kind review. We specially appreciate his assessment of the service provided by Alan, Memo and Laura. This type of public recognition is truly motivational and encourages staff members to continue going the extra mile to ensure the vacation experience of our valued guests is indeed memorable, for all the right reasons. We value greatly your kind review and patronage.
Drayton Valley, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Our first night, we stayed in a room where there was a set of stairs up, small room, big Deck and City view. Very nice, but we up graded to a Junior Suite with Marina view the second day. The room was very large and clean. If you are like me and truly enjoy your coffee in the morning on the deck, you will have to talk to the front desk, as you are given a single cup coffee maker with one pkg. of decaf and one pkg. of regular. The restaurant at the lighthouse (where your breakfast is usually included) opens at 7 am. If you need coffee before that, try Captain Tony's (M5 corner) as he may be open at 5.

The staff is very friendly here. You may be hit up for a tour (time share opportunities) and we declined. They were very good about it, which we appreciated. We have no interest in anymore commitments at this point.

The Sky Pool - very nice indeed! We were there though at the time they were promoting it, and found many gorgeous ladies and photographers. However, we (hotel guests) were ushered off to the side, away from the pool so that they could do their promo work. This didn't bother us too much, once we understood what was going on. Drinks were expensive - Mojito $7 US, Monkey Lunches $8, Beer $5.An automatic 20% gratuity is added to your bill. We were definitely surprised at the bill the first day. Service is fantastic though, thank Alex!

The location is fantastic! All else i could say is take a boat ride out to the "Office" hahahaha $7 bucks, return when you want. A ton of vendors, but watching everyone else get out of the boats = Priceless!

And, if you need a break on the marina, and don't want to swim with the dolphins, for $2/person, you can watch other people participate! Funny and very entertaining show. If you waalk that far, keep going to the end of the marina and you can watch the fisherman expertly fillet the fish while the pelicans stand beside them, hoping for some scrap.

I would stay again here. We liked it very much.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the Junior suite, Marina View. Watch the sun come up!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
WyndhamCSL, Manager at Tesoro Los Cabos, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
I thank the reviewer for his valuable feedback regarding his past stay at our Resort. We are so pleased that culjul had such a terrific time at the Wyndham Los Cabos and thank him for having submitted his kind review. We specially appreciate his assessment of the staff being very friendly here. We value greatly the review and patronage and will be happy to host culjul again.

Been to Tesoro Los Cabos? Share your experiences!