Looking out over the marina in Cabo San Lucas, the Wyndham, (formerly the Tosoro) is a decent price, meals included ($70 usd) for the location, however the food and drink is not the best. The location is great for shopping, sightseeing, and dining out at the local restaurants. Pleanty of places within walking distance. Or, take a water taxi or cab if you want to venture further.
The room was clean with airconditioning. The bed was comfortable and the shower was large and clean.
The television had several english speaking channels.
Drawback- Each room that has a view of the marina has a separate stairway leading up to the landing of your door.
I was a solo female travelling alone. I didn't appreciate the dark, narrow steps leading up to the entrance to my room. It was actually scary going up those steep, narrow stairs leading to my room. When you reach the top of the stairs, there is a landing that cannot be seen from the steps until you are at the top. In that landing was my door and another rooms door.
Each night, I would get to the top of the stairs, then cautiously peek around to see if anyone could be waiting at the top to ambush me. Yes it was scary, especially late at night.
I suppose I could have had the bellman walk me to my room each night, however the bellmen I encountered didn't speak english and I speak limited spanish.
Like I said, the view of the marina and rocks at lands end are great, as well as the view of all the yachts in the harbor.
For all of my nervousness, no one bothered me at all! I enjoyed my stay.
Would be a great place to stay when travelling with your sweetheart!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wyndham Cabo San Lucas offers the perfect location for the active traveler, with panoramic views of our beautiful marina and the Sea of Cortez, the city center and a beautiful desert landscape in one of the world’s most beautiful and exclusive tourist destinations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Wyndham, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Wyndham Cabo San Lucas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Cabo San Lucas Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Costa Real Cabo San Lucas
- Tesoro Cabo San Lucas
- Wyndham Cabo San Lucas Resort Los Cabos