I am a fanatic about research and reading reviews and by the time I was ready to go I was totally paranoid that our stay was not going to be pleasant. Thank goodness I should not have been worried! I exchanged my time share to stay here and was pleased with the results. Our room was just fine for us, the kitchen was enough also. We did not have a view of the ocean but it didn't matter to us. I had heard complaints about the beds but they were more than comfortable. I felt good when we were leaving and when people checked out I saw the bed spreads being pulled. The location is completely accessible to downtown either by foot, taxi or bus. We were 2 single women so we chose to ride the public bus downtown for 80 pesos and then took taxis home for 7usd. We found it fair and safe. We also followed the suggestions to go to Walmart and get groceries. That was a great idea! Especially for water, mixers, beer, limes, and breakfast goodies. We did not find it to be a fight for pool chairs but I think we were there when it was not so busy. We only spent time at the VDP pool 2 days, the other days we spent at the Arco 2 places down and there, people got up at 5am and slept in their chairs. Silly. The VDP staff was amazing and nice. Our room safe was broken and they could not fix it so they replaced it with a brand new one. Everyone was so nice and helpful all around. My only issue was our room was in the main building and our door faced inside. The noise is pretty loud when drunk people come home and yell but if you have enough to drink yourself you don't notice it. I would recommend ear plugs if you are a light sleeper or you are not heavily intoxicated when you go to bed. We never ate at the resort so I cannot comment about the food. I have seen comments about the lack of service at the pool but when we were there we saw tons of waiters around. The fitness room was AWESOME!
As for suggestions around town, if you want a Mexican coffee go to the Trailerpark. there is taco stand with a red awning up the street away from the water and the giggling marlin, some of the best tacos I have ever had! It is only open at night and is $5 for 4. The lobster omelet at The Office is legendary! So good for a great breakfast. Our waiter even dropped the price since the market price was down. We had a fun time at the No Where Bar and met great people.
I hope this helped, have a great time!
- Also Known As:
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos Hotel
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort And Spa Los Cabos
- Villa Del Palmar
- Villa Del Palmar Cabo San Lucas
- Cabo San Lucas Villa Del Palmar
- Villa Del Palmar Cabo
- Villa Del Palmar Los Cabos
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort And Spa
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa del Palmar Beach Resort Los Cabos is "fun" with a capital "F," described by previous guests as "awesome," "enjoyable," and simply, "a great place to get away from it all." Soak up South of the Border comfort at Villa del Palmar Beach Resort Los Cabos, our family-friendly property with newly renovated rooms and an emphasis on entertainment. You can't help but smile the minute you see our Willy the Whale water slide.On any given day, you might see a crowd partaking in aqua-aerobics, water volleyball, or simply slipping and sliding into the pool (don't forget your camera!). In addition, the resort hosts a large variety of on-site activities including scuba diving, cooking lessons, a techno-arcade and theme nights featuring mariachi music, talent shows and more.The property also boasts a walk-out-the-door stretch of powdery sand, with gorgeous views of the turquoise surf and famous rock formation, El Arco. The recently updated all-suite property with its 460 air-conditioned units offers a range of "home away from home" options, be it a one-, two- or three-bedroom suite, sure to satisfy everyone in your group.While the area's beach and water sports get most of the attention, Villa del Palmar goes out of its way to offer the utmost in peace and tranquility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Amex, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Otel, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.