“A great escape” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos

You added Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos to your Saves list
Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   0.5 Camino Viejo a San Jose, Cabo San Lucas 23450 , Mexico   |
Ranked #23 of 68 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Providence, Rhode Island
“A great escape”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

My wife and I just spent our anniversary at Palmar in Cabo. Our room was very nice and the service for the room was excellent - very friendly staff. The location of the Palmar is excellent with beautiful views of the beach and the rocky arch. It is also fairly close to town. We had the all-inclusive which is definitely a good deal. Breakfast and/or lunch at the Bella California is wonderful. The buffet dinners were ok but not fantastic. The concierge staff and the outdoor service staff are fantastic - very helpful and friendly. While we were there one of the pools was under repair but was finished just as we left. All in all we thought Cabo was a great vacation spot and the Palmar was a very fun way to visit.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
villadelpalmar1, General Manager at Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
We would like to thank you for having choosing Villa Del Palmar as the ideal place to spend such special occasion. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the staff offered you with the level of service you deserve. We hope that on your next vacations you would give us the opportunity to welcome you once again.

Jorge Herrán

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (842)
Evansville, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We make an annual trip to Cabo and have stayed at Palmar all but one time. Reviews that are speaking about rooms that have inoperable a/c, "odors", etc., are most likely part of a timeshare exchange or perhaps purchased off a wholesaler. "Owners" have very nice accommodations and great service. I have had both experiences - exchange and ownership. As I have seen posted - this is not a 5-Star resort but it is a nice place to stay and relax.

The Palmar is a favorite because there are more activities on the property than you will find at the sister property although you are free to use pools and other amenities on either property. "Liz" at poolside is an absolute joy to be around and, quite frankly, all of the staff at the pools and entertainment venues are a lot of fun and do what they can to help you have a great time.

I don't recommend the all inclusive option because I think you can have a much more enjoyable and cost efficient trip by trying restaurants in Cabo as well as the Palmar buffets. If you drink large amounts of alcohol, maybe the all inclusive will be good for you.

You can walk to the shopping and entertainment area - 20 minutes tops or take a cheap cab ride (keep in mind the drivers may or may not stop at stop signs and lights). Jet skiing on the Sea of Cortez is awesome! There is much to do but I'm all about playing tennis (courts and pro on-site), sitting by the pool and walking to "town" for dinner in the evening. I book my next trip before I end the last one.

Room Tip: I think when you book online through a wholesaler (Priceline, etc) you are going to get what you get...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
We thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the resort with other. We are glad to know that your stay with us was more than pleasant. We look forward to your next visit and to make your stay a memorable experience.

Best regards,

Sherman Oaks
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Just returned from a 5 day stay at the the Palmar. This is not a 5-star, 4 Seasons type resort. If that is what you are expecting, you will be disappointed. However, my wife and I went in with no illusions and were very pleasantly and happily surprised. We had the 'all inclusive' deal (SOOO worth it). Breakfast buffet each morning (made to order omelettes and excellent chilaquiles) had more than enough variety not to be repetitive after 5 days. Lunch could be had either in the restaurant or brought to your chaise lounge by the pool. Dinner at the ocean-front restaurant was good for a couple nights, but as expected, we went in to town for a couple dinners as well, just to change it up.
I read earlier reviews about 'weak' or 'watered down' drinks... I must disagree. All of the drinks were great (sometimes too strong) and waiters and bartenders were fantastic and hard working. I never really waited to be served, and somebody was always asking if I was OK, or if I needed anything. Yes, I had the 'all inclusive' wristband on, but I still tipped a couple / few bucks here and there and I believe that goes a long way towards good service anywhere.
Overall, we had a very nice experience, at a VERY reasonable price. The Palmar is is bit old, especially if you compare it to the Los Arcos down the beach (the newer property). But we spent about 20 minutes a day in our room, when not sleeping, so it was not an issue. The staff was great, the food was pretty good, the grounds were clean, the pools were nice and the view(s) could not be beat.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon and to make Villa Del Palmar your Home away from Home.

Nederland, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We vacation SEVERAL times a year. We have been to Cabo San Lucas twice this year and I was NOT impressed with Villa del Palmar. The rooms had a terrible odor. Our air was not working. We moved rooms TWICE during our stay and still had several problems. We had no hot water for several hours. The pools were all disgusting. Full of hair and grime in the water. It was nasty. We own through the Villa Group and I was embarrassed because we brought 4 couples with us and we were very let down by this property. The food inside the bar area was bad, my burger came out basically raw. It was an overall bad, horrible, no good experience for us and the other 4 couples.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
On behalf of Villa Del Palmar we offer you our most sincere apologies for not providing you with the quality and service level you have come to expect. Do believe action are been taken to correct any service issue. We hope that in the future you would give us the opportunity to welcome you back and change this past experience.

Respectfully,

Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Upon arrival we were greeted by Naomi she was very helpful. Monica our concierge was very sincere and straight forward with her intention without pressure. Liz at the pool side restaurant was wonderful to us. And Sunny at the theme dinner was a great host/waitress.
We enjoyed the convenience of what the property had to offer. They have a onsite grocery store, deli and arcade. No cash policy was a little of an inconvenience, you pay at the end of your stay. We strongly recommend the all inclusive, well worth your money. If you prefer to go non inclusive you do have the option of going to Walmart or Sams Club across the street to stock up on food and drinks.
Overall the property was beautiful and pleasant. However due to it being off season they did have some construction/maintenance going on, which was noisy at times.
To the manager please get the morning chief some shade. Seeing her hot, sweaty and uncomfortable is unappetizing.

Room Tip: We stayed in a one bedroom on the 7th floor, room 2704. Great view of the resort and ocean. Wonderfu...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
villadelpalmar1, General Manager at Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
We thank you for comments and observations. Do believe they will not go unnoticed. We hope that on your next vacations you would give us the opportunity to welcome you back.

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Just returned from an 8 night stay at Villa del Parmar. It was the first half our vacation (the remainder spent at the sister resort, del Arco). What a great start to a fantastic vacation.

Upon arrival, we were greeted by Perilla at the front desk. She was kind, gratious - and very patient with 5 guys who couldn't wait to get to the pool and claim a beer inhand. As we were checking in, Silva also greeted us from the member services group (yes, we are UVC vacation club members - 8 years and still enjoying it), gave us a quick run down on the resort, and we were off.

This resort became known to us as the "fiesta" resort - always something happening. That was due, in great part, to the awesome treatment afforded us by this very gracious and accommodating staff.

The resort is undergoing some major improvements - many of the websites out there still carry the older pictures of the resort. This is still a work in progress, and we had what I understand to be one of the older rooms. Despite the fact that the resort is older, however, it is very well maintained and to us, it was gem.

We slept 5 in a two bedroom/sofabed room. With 3 separate bathrooms, it was more than spacious for our needs. Our only disappointment was that the room did not have inroom laundry. There is, however, laundry service provided, or, if you prefer, a laundry facility onsite. Other than that, the rooms were large, very clean, with VERY strong air conditioning (which felt good on a couple very, very sweltering days). I found the beds particularly comfortable. And the housekeeping staff did a fantastic job keeping our home away from home spotless throughout our stay.

Along with the room rennovations, there was some pool work going on (the maintenance is meticulous here). It may have been a little noisy at times, but we were never inconvenienced. We were too busy enjoying the company of the new friends we'd meet each day by the pool. The guests here were exceptionally friendly. It was a great mix of families, singles, older adults, friends traveling together, and couples. My partner and I really enjoyed meeting folks from around the country - especially the girls from Las Vegas and our new friends from Washington State.

The food was excellent. We really enjoyed the Italian restaurant - great offerings and reasonably priced. But we really enjoyed our poolside service in the afternoons. They can customize any desired wood-fired oven pizza you could conjure up. And the seared Ahi tuna salad was fantastic.

The service was exceptional. Countless thanks to our friends who took tremendous care of us at the pool. We never went thirsty. It would be difficult to imagine service better than what we received from Angel, Enrique, and Norman - they were simply the best. Always swift, always with a smile, and genuinely concerned that we enjoyed our time by the pool. And from what I remember of those afternoons, while indulging the all-inclusive package, we did - time and time again. There are many others who were very attentive to us - I wish I could remember each an every name. That's what makes it difficult - usually there are one or two folks who make your vacation memorable. Here, each of the folks who catered to us poolside, on each day of our stay, no matter how many times we ran them back and forth in our party of 5 (which could be very demanding after a long day of drinking) - they met our needs with a smile, greeted us each day by name, and made us feel as if we were a welcome guest in their home.

During this week, tropical storm Lorena decided to pay a visit. The hotel staff didn't miss a beat. From the maintenance staff, to housekeeping, to food and bar staff, the front desk, and the entertainment staff - everyone one of the folks we encountered made certain to make that day appear as nothing but normal - as they went out of their way to ensure we had an enjoyable day.

That brings me to that entertainment staff - Roberto, Chewey, Rolfi, and the rest of the crew - great job! Each day, morning till night, they kept the resort humming. Water volleyball, poolside shows, theme night shows, games - we had a blast. Bingo? Can't tell you when the last time was I played bingo poolside at a resort - or enjoyed it with a rowdy crowd as I did here.

As I mentioned earlier, we are UVC club members - which includes this and the del Arco resorts. We typically don't attend presentations but every couple years. Not everyone vacations the same way - but this membership works for us. I'd be remiss if I didn't acknowledge four folks who treated us exceptionally well during an owner update (so much so that we upgraded our membership). Hugs out to newest friends Sandy and Megan. And thank you Jason and Manny for helping us pull it all together. Next time I promise to make it out for Karaoke night at one of the local hangs - I'll avoid an afternoon of musical chairs at the pool to ensure I'm ready to go (funny, I don't remember tequila being a part of that game as a child...)

We really enjoyed this stay. Thanks to the remarkable staff for a very enjoyable vacation. Can't wait to see you next year!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
On behalf of the entire Villa Del Palmar team, we thank you for the time spend to share your experience at the resort with others. Your comments are valuable to us. We look forward to your next visit at your Home away from Home.

Respectfully,

Sultan, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

We spent four wonderful nights at Villa del Palmar. Had a lovely room on the second floor that was very comfortable, quiet, and convenient to everything. The wait staff was outstanding. We were treated like VIPs although we were just there on cheap tickets from CheapCarribean.Com. The food was first class and plentiful, the drinks were great, and the entertainment was enjoyable. I would like to commend two members of the wait staff especially. In the sports bar, Santago does an outstanding job and in the Tortuga Restaurant Veronica does and especially commendable job.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
We thank you for having shared your wonderful experience at the resort. We are glad that this two members of the staff provided you with the level of service you deserve. We hope to have the opportunity to host you once again in the near future.

Jorge Herrán

Been to Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos? Share your experiences!